Hits are way over the top Over 6000 really <--:-0

ladylnet

I did a few PvP couple were great lots of fun then next game not so fun against a team most almost all never died in the game. Then I was hit hit with damage points 3348 3060 2226 6337 4705 4219 3600 3603 4035 3309 6074 big numbers I would say so but kicker the server had a oops 3 PvP going on the server was at standard and poof humm

When I piped up and said the numbers some jerk said oh I can do those at level 20 u just go do that I'll get popcorn and a six pack:rak_02:

I did a few PvP couple were great lots of fun then next game not so fun against a team most almost all never died in the game. Then I was hit hit with damage points 3348 3060 2226 6337 4705 4219 3600 3603 4035 3309 6074 big numbers I would say so but kicker the server had a oops 3 PvP going on the server was at standard and poof humm

When I piped up and said the numbers some jerk said oh I can do those at level 20 u just go do that I'll get popcorn and a six pack:rak_02:

About 6 months ago, the average HP of players with full sets of PvP gear would range in between 19k to 22k, depending on the gear level. Hefty hits would count around 2.5~3k damage, and people would complain about the heaviest hitters doing a one-shot 4~5k damage after the set-up.

Now, the players are 5 levels higher than they used to be, with more powerful gear, and they range in between 25 to 32k HP. If we just compare roughly the max value, the HP has increased around 45%. However, all of the damage you have brought up, has not increased a bit with the exception of the two numbers over the 6k range... in which case, compared to the 5k hits 6 months ago, is a mere 20% increase.

So, just exactly from where, are we supposed to notice, that these damage numbers you've brought up is abnormaly high...?

Edited by kweassa

Healing are even stronger than that my friend.

honestly, all those are non crit hits except for the 6ks. Also, those 6k hits are just the low end of the spectrum. If you think thats a hard hit, i wonder what your reaction will be when you get hit with 8k-9k crits in 55 pvp.

As a power dps shadow, melee bonus damage over 800, 3k-4k are just regular, expect it, get used to it. WIth surge around 75% or so, maybe a relic power proc or 2, and that damage goes way up.

That was one heck of a sentence. And you must have been getting attacked by a VG/PT or else the numbers would have been much bigger.

I play a Focus Sentinel in min/max partisan gear and a few conqueror pieces. And I PvP on that character exclusively. I'm good but not great and have been tracking my max damage numbers and average damage numbers since 2.0 released. First off, I've never hit above 9567 damage but for that to happen I would need some combination of the following (probably most of these things):

• Probably might stim
  • 3 stacks of Singularity
  • Force Leap or Zealous leap in the last 20 seconds
  • Power relic proc (or both) 30% chance lasts 6 seconds on 20 sec cd
  • PvP damage boost
  • Another sentinel using Inspiration (15% damage boost for 15 sec on 300s cd)
  • Opposing player in PvE gear (bolster not maxing his Expertise and therfore not the full 37.5% damage reduction)

I don't play excessively (probably PvP about 10 hrs a week) and I've had 2 hits over 9k. I can't speak for mando's because I don't have an equally geared mando character that I PvP with but I imagine most of the 10+k hits are the exception rather than the norm.

Would you like some ghost'cake with that math?

6/30 = 0.2

4/20 = 0.2

BTW...what is ghost cake?

The best hit that I have done is a little over 7K with my TK sage. That's with a willpower stim. Then again, I don't log my damage numbers because I use an SSD, so I may have hit harder at some point when the stars aligned. I have full partisan gear, about half of which is min/maxed.

Edited by teclado

About 6 months ago, the average HP of players with full sets of PvP gear would range in between 19k to 22k, depending on the gear level. Hefty hits would count around 2.5~3k damage, and people would complain about the heaviest hitters doing a one-shot 4~5k damage after the set-up.

lol average HPs were 19-22k like 1 month ago. Now average HPs in the lowbie bracket are like 22-25k.....yet big 7-9k hits are common. I had a 9k ambush on my gunslinger, 8k maul on my sin, 7k backstab on my op, 10k smash on my guardian. For the health pools not being too much higher than pre 2.0, the hits seem to be really disproportionate right now. Before, big hits like 5-6k mauls with 19k hp could be bad, but it was only ~25% of your hp, now you can get hit with a 9k smash/maul/ambush/etc. with possibly only 22k hp and lose almost half of your healthpool from 1 hit.

Everything is just out of whack in 2.0, op damage and op healing, not necessarily the fault of any specific class per se, but just the super huge expertise damage boosts now and weirdo bolster that could "make you more even to compete" or possibly screw you for wearing the wrong piece of gear, i.e., battlemaster/recruit/wh relics/etc.

And this has got to be an intended design for huge hits, because after all, the old "5k annihilator" medal became a 6k medal. Before 2.0, I rarely got a 5k hit on my op or sin or commando......now 6k+ is a guaranteed hit at least once per match. As for smash specifically, that was overpowered before 2.0 and still overpowered, but the devs won't ever change it, clearly.

Edited by SomeJagoff

Seriously... this must be a troll, no one can be this without a clue.