Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Isnt exfiltrate/scamper a bit over the top for Huttball?

MidichIorian

getting ball first means nothing, usualy when I do it, when I have ball I have 0 energy and all I can do is to pass it back (if I'm still alive as atleast half of other team is shooting at me and Ican't heal my self lol). Rolls with the ball are quite short aswell, one good thing is getting top walk and roll down to pass fire, but sprint can do that too, if not better (jump).

one place it's really OP is voidstar. break doors, roll to the bridge, you can cap it fast and get to next doors before respawn kicks in.

same goes for AH, but on slightly less degree (as damage is easier to repair then VS)

So you're not using the adrenaline probe once you grab the ball just for the sake of 'giving the opposite team a chance to do anything'. Yea right.

This ability is insanely OP right now in the huttball. It's not even close to the force leap (need to have a target. 30 sec CD), the force speed (2 sec buff only, 15-20 sec CD), the evacuation (60 sec CD).

For me this should've a few sec CD at least. It would be perfect if it would cost not 25, but 33 energy. I don't mind this ability as it is, just the fact that it doesn't have a cd and cost relatively little energy.

Edited by MasterBLASTERpl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I want to be first, there isn't much I can do differently. doing it slower risks KB

well, saying 0 energy, it was overstatment. 30-40 would be more accurate.

I get the ball first practically every time. It's rare another scoundrel beats me and I get there with almost all my energy. Again, you're doing it wrong.

So you're not using adrenaline probe once you grab the ball just for the sake of 'giving the opposite team a chance to do anything'. Yea right.

This ability is insanely OP right now in the huttball. It's not even close to the force leap (need to have a target. 30 sec CD), force speed (2 sec buff only, 15-20 sec CD), evacuation (60 sec CD).

For me this should've a few sec CD at least. It would be perfect if it would cost not 25, but 33 energy. I don't mind this ability as it is, just the fact that it doesn't have cd and cost relatively little energy.

adrenaline is 2 min cd, yeah I guess moving back is an option, but If I'm alive and have time, I preffer to pass back to a tank and hope he will not run thro area of pass (or jump to some one) - mark, I talk pugs, not preamdes/ranked.

force leap is 15 second CD and can be folowed by push + jump, that can lead to incredible combo : jump, push, friendly jump, jump = score (or variation of these).

25 energy on 100 energy pool with regen 6.6 per second it's quite something (since under 60 energy we regen only 5.6, and lower you get, slower you get it back).

forcespeed doesn't consume energy and you can jump doing it.

I get the ball first practically every time. It's rare another scoundrel beats me and I get there with almost all my energy. Again, you're doing it wrong.

I will look into that, thank you.

I guess you always wait to be atleast 90 energy till next roll?

People actually still believe this? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWUHg6pBRo

Seems like most people still don't realize this but rolling off ledges sends you farther...I will always be WAY ahead of the other team and I will ALWAYS have practically full energy by the time I grab the ball.

That's not exactly spam rolling. If you aren't concealment/scrapper you will definitely be out of energy or a roll spammer from the other side will get there first.

Also I wouldn't do this in pug games without predation because if you are that far ahead of the team, you risk getting pulled and die instantly.

I will look into that, thank you.

I guess you always wait to be atleast 90 energy till next roll?

Yes and no. When you roll off a ledge it sends you farther. I posted a video of it in this thread. Its on the 4th page.

adrenaline is 2 min cd, yeah I guess moving back is an option, but If I'm alive and have time, I preffer to pass back to a tank and hope he will not run thro area of pass (or jump to some one) - mark, I talk pugs, not preamdes/ranked.

force leap is 15 second CD and can be folowed by push + jump, that can lead to incredible combo : jump, push, friendly jump, jump = score (or variation of these).

25 energy on 100 energy pool with regen 6.6 per second it's quite something (since under 60 energy we regen only 5.6, and lower you get, slower you get it back).

forcespeed doesn't consume energy and you can jump doing it.

You're alive, because once you grab the ball, opp team is (in the best outcome) jumping from the upper ramp. You're free to the whatever you want since you have a ball, you have the adnenaline probe. Now you can pass the ball, roll with it LoS behind the staicase. In short you have an upper hand. Sometimes huttball is being won with 1-0.

And take a note that most WZs are being played in pug setting. Not premades, not ranked but sole queue. So in the huttball, that used to be the only one fair and square WZ in this game with only one objective, one AC is being given ability so OP that is making the whole game sometimes nothing more then a joke.

Roll should give Scoundrels/Op something that they could use to escpe, not to roll from one end of the map to the other.

That's not exactly spam rolling. If you aren't concealment/scrapper you will definitely be out of energy or a roll spammer from the other side will get there first.

Also I wouldn't do this in pug games without predation because if you are that far ahead of the team, you risk getting pulled and die instantly.

My point was you don't have to spam roll and people believe you do. You roll farther when you roll off a ledge (notice how I completely rolled over the acid bit without being slowed? I've even tried it with a friend who spam rolled and had like 15 energy left. I still beat him to the ball.

Even if you'll have 0 energy once you grab the ball you have still:

1) opp team that is too far away to do any dmg to you since you're at least 30 meters from them

2) the adrenaline probe that will give you 50 energy in 3 second. It's enought to roll with the ball LoS behind the side staircase.

And what is even more funny, if you play your cards right you can still have a planty of energy.

Edited by MasterBLASTERpl

I have seen a lot of these threads and all I have to say is that just because a team gets the first ball possession, it doesn't mean they're going to win the match. If you have the better team you will simply kill the ball carrier, take possession, and score. Who cares if their operative rolled to the ball first? I think the roll is much more of a factor in other wz's than huttball.

At launch it was force speed and friendly pull qq, then juggernaut qq, now it's operative roll qq.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.