The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly S&V gives different Ultimate comms on pub and imp side

Screaming_Ziva

They have to figure something out. If you were doing both S&V and TFB imperial characters were getting 16 ultimate comms less per week than republic characters. Add those up and that's pretty much one Verpine piece of gear.

That is not to be sneezed at when gearing up effects progression through the game.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the reports! We're working on fixing the issues with these Weekly Mission rewards as soon as possible. The reward should 12 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations.

Currently, Imperial players who complete the Weekly for Scum and Villainy are receiving the correct rewards. Republic players are getting 20 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations. The only players who are getting fewer Commendations than intended are Imperials who complete the Weekly Mission for Terror From Beyond, as this is currently rewarding 12 Ultimate/12 Elite Commendations.

So, the bad news is that there is indeed a bug, and it causes some players to lose out on Elite Commendations. The good news is that a larger number of players who face this bug are actually getting more Ultimate Commendations than they are intended to gain, so it works in their favor.

Sorry for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. When we've got a time frame on what patch we'll be fixing this, we'll be sure to post and update.

So what will be done to balance this out?

Imperial players get more elite comms that can buy gear that drops in 55 HMs and most of the people who are effected by this bug already have a full set of black market on themselves and some of their companions/alts and are working on a verpine set.

It is kind of like losing a dollar but finding a penny to get extra elite comms that can only buy gear we already have.

Edited by LadyKohastFel

There's quite an easy way to fix this.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel came out on April 9th. That was 7 weeks ago. 7X16=112 Ultimate Commendations that Republic characters had access to that Imperial Characters did not due to Bioware's mistake. Since it's impossible to tell which characters were affected by this horrible Bioware mistake, every Level 55 character on the Imperial side on every server should be given 112 Ultimate Commendations that don't count against a weekly cap.

If this continues past Tuesday (which it will) add another 16 for each week that Bioware doesn't fix this.

Edited by ValantheLiadon

Rise of the Hutt Cartel came out on April 9th. That was 7 weeks ago. 7X16=112 Ultimate Commendations that Republic characters had access to that Imperial Characters did not due to Bioware's mistake. Since it's impossible to tell which characters were affected by this horrible Bioware mistake, every Level 55 character on the Imperial side on every server should be given 112 Ultimate Commendations that don't count against a weekly cap.

If this continues past Tuesday (which it will) add another 16 for each week that Bioware doesn't fix this.

I agree something has to be given to us just make it fair because this bug has given other players an advantage for game play that we never had.

This is simply ridicoulus, many of those don't even raid. I have several level 55 characters and I only raid with one of them. Those commendations shouldn't be handed out for free.

This is simply ridicoulus, many of those don't even raid. I have several level 55 characters and I only raid with one of them. Those commendations shouldn't be handed out for free.

If the player don't raid, the player don't know about gear-progression..

All the players who raid or do flashpoints know something about Black Market, Arkanian, tokens, comms needed etc.

And what will impact on YOUR game? That player receiving ONE piece of Verpine, ins't good? Will improve heals, dps and tank on flashpoints/operation from Group Finder pugs.

You sound selfish.

If the player don't raid, the player don't know about gear-progression..

All the players who raid or do flashpoints know something about Black Market, Arkanian, tokens, comms needed etc.

And what will impact on YOUR game? That player receiving ONE piece of Verpine, ins't good? Will improve heals, dps and tank on flashpoints/operation from Group Finder pugs.

You sound selfish.

They do, but they simply don't raid.

How am I selfish? I have lots of level 55 characters that don't raid. All of them would receive commendations. But I don't want something handed out for free. And I don't demand commendations for the one that does. Life goes on.

I rather think it's selfish to demand commendations for all 55 characters while many of them don't even raid.

They do, but they simply don't raid.

How am I selfish? I have lots of level 55 characters that don't raid. All of them would receive commendations. But I don't want something handed out for free. And I don't demand commendations for the one that does. Life goes on.

I rather think it's selfish to demand commendations for all 55 characters while many of them don't even raid.

The point is that Republic players had access to the ability to receive these commendations whether they participated in Operations or not. 16 Comms/week of the Expansion is 1 piece of gear, 1.5 if you are running the belt/bracers mod-rip. There's no reason why this can't happen.

(And if you have multiple characters and want to have it all go to one character, that's a flaw in the system, sure.)

EDIT: Another option is to give them to anyone who's completed the Scum and Villainy and TFB quests at least once.

Edited by ValantheLiadon

So, the bad news is that there is indeed a bug, and it causes some players to lose out on Elite Commendations. The good news is that a larger number of players who face this bug are actually getting more Ultimate Commendations than they are intended to gain, so it works in their favor.

I'm an Imp player. Please tell me how this is good news.

Thank you for the reports! We're working on fixing the issues with these Weekly Mission rewards as soon as possible. The reward should 12 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations.

Currently, Imperial players who complete the Weekly for Scum and Villainy are receiving the correct rewards. Republic players are getting 20 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations. The only players who are getting fewer Commendations than intended are Imperials who complete the Weekly Mission for Terror From Beyond, as this is currently rewarding 12 Ultimate/12 Elite Commendations.

Sorry for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. When we've got a time frame on what patch we'll be fixing this, we'll be sure to post and update.

According to this then every time an Imperial does an Ops, they miss out on 8 elite comms a week, in comparison to what we're supposed to get. And Republic are getting an extra 16 ultimate comms per week. Yeah, I fail to see how that's good news in any way, unless you mean, congratulations to Republic players for picking the "right" side! If it was just a bug and both sides were getting an extra 16 ultimate comms, that would be good news...but when one side is getting 16 less of one comms than the other side, and 8 less of another than the other side....that is in NO WAY EVER "good news".

According to this then every time an Imperial does an Ops, they miss out on 8 elite comms a week, in comparison to what we're supposed to get. And Republic are getting an extra 16 ultimate comms per week. Yeah, I fail to see how that's good news in any way, unless you mean, congratulations to Republic players for picking the "right" side! If it was just a bug and both sides were getting an extra 16 ultimate comms, that would be good news...but when one side is getting 16 less of one comms than the other side, and 8 less of another than the other side....that is in NO WAY EVER "good news".

Yeah. It may be "good news" for the republic players but there is no way this is "good news" for imperial players. We got screwed, plain and simple.

Yeah. It may be "good news" for the republic players but there is no way this is "good news" for imperial players. We got screwed, plain and simple.

Maybe it's semantics but I would rather say Bioware gave Republic players an advantage over Imperials.

That being said, Imperials seeing Republic players gaining more ultimate comms for the same weekly is going to be a huge issue if Bioware doesn't get on the ball and fix it quick. PvP players tend to rage something fierce when one side receives an unintended advantage over their opposing faction, minor or not. PvE players will respond but it buys the developers a little time to fix it before the unsub threats start getting out of hand.

Edited by JDCrash

This.

Though I did love the 'good news and bad news' part.

Bad news is that Imperial players are getting screwed on Ultimate comms. The good news is that Republic players are getting more comms than intended. YAY?!?

I'd venture a guess that Amber plays Republic classes :p

This problem is not being fixed in 2.1.1.

It is unlikely that the problem will be fixed any time soon...

I really don't see why this has such a low priority to get fixed. This is a MAJOR balance issue that is favoring the republic side. Yes, I know it doesn't affect PvP but it is still a balance issue. The imperials are owed many ultimate comms because of this and, if this ever gets fixed, there better be some kind of compensation.

COMPENSATION???

When do those on the IMP side get to see the missing COMMENDATIONS? I ran 3-4 of my TOON's thru each of those ops each week. (Averaged about 8 Ultimate comm's lost for each of them PER WEEK).

That's like 7 weeks times 8 Ultimate Comm's per TOON. Please send my toons the respective 56 Ultimate comm's each they are owed. (Collectively I've roughly 168 Ultimate Comm's DUE)

OR - HOW ABOUT you just setup the IMP SIDE to get 20 for the next seven weeks and call it good?

PLAN B: I'll gladly take an Unassembled UW Implant PER toon that ran those weeks instead. :)

Edited by dscount

I wonder if we will hear anything on this, or will it just be ignored....

you know the answer just as well as the rest eaware has become realy good at ignoring bugs we still havent heard anything about that ghost gcd bug (or whatever you want to call it) wich is there since launch so yea just forget about it

• 2 weeks later...

Am I wrong, or does this imbalance also apply to the Daily "Emerging Conflicts" quests as well?

I have a Guardian tank and an Operative healer both in the lvl 35-45 range. I have been leveling both in FPs for a few weeks and it seems my Operative is getting double World Comms (5+5) while my Guardian is getting the expected amount (5) when turning in the "Emerging Conflicts" daily quests.

Am I the first to notice this, or is there something I have over-looked?

Syrlex

• Dev Post
Do we even have a timeframe about when this will be fixed? because the longer it is allowed to stand the worse the ultimate comm gap between the imperial and republic sides will get.

Although Game Update 2.2 has been delayed, I wanted to be sure you folks knew that this issue has been resolved in the next patch. Please keep your eye on the maintenance thread for when it'll be deployed, and thanks for your patience.

Although Game Update 2.2 has been delayed, I wanted to be sure you folks knew that this issue has been resolved in the next patch. Please keep your eye on the maintenance thread for when it'll be deployed, and thanks for your patience.

Amber-

What's the story for IMP Toons that have been diligently getting the shaft on COMM's? I think the "Oops it's broke" is fine at first, but not enough at this point. Are we going to see some sort of compensation for all those weeks? It's getting pretty hard to just take it on the CHIN when my PUB counter parts are sitting at ~72 extra Ultimate Comm's now per PUB Toon due to a QA/Bug issue from Bioware DEV Team.

I completely understand the argument that IMP side is WAI, but if PVP had this sort of "OPPS" we would see RAGE UNSUB's up the ying-yang and forums lit up like X-mas trees. This has introduced a MAJOR disadvantage to progression guild raiding and crafting IMP toons. Granted most of them have already geared mains, but this many Ultimate comm's help purchase another piece of 72 Gear that could be RE'd. So now you are talking "IMP Crafters" are being impacted as well (Those that stock pile 72's for 2.2 to RE). Just saying, this is a major problem and needs to be balanced out even AFTER the Patch fixes the problem.

PS: Option B of giving each IMP 55 TOON that completed S&V weeklies gets a free UW Implant still stands. :D

Edited by dscount

Amber-

What's the story for IMP Toons that have been diligently getting the shaft on COMM's? I think the "Oops it's broke" is fine at first, but not enough at this point. Are we going to see some sort of compensation for all those weeks? It's getting pretty hard to just take it on the CHIN when my PUB counter parts are sitting at ~72 extra Ultimate Comm's now per PUB Toon due to a QA/Bug issue from Bioware DEV Team.

I completely understand the argument that IMP side is WAI, but if PVP had this sort of "OPPS" we would see RAGE UNSUB's up the ying-yang and forums lit up like X-mas trees. This has introduced a MAJOR disadvantage to progression guild raiding and crafting IMP toons. Granted most of them have already geared mains, but this many Ultimate comm's help purchase another piece of 72 Gear that could be RE'd. So now you are talking "IMP Crafters" are being impacted as well (Those that stock pile 72's for 2.2 to RE). Just saying, this is a major problem and needs to be balanced out even AFTER the Patch fixes the problem.

PS: Option B of giving each IMP 55 TOON that completed S&V weeklies gets a free UW Implant still stands. :D

Good points.

Another solution would be to offer imp side the extra 8 comms for the next 9 weeks to help even the score.