The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly S&V gives different Ultimate comms on pub and imp side

Screaming_Ziva

I've been seeing weird numbers on this so I started taking a few screenshots from when I turned them in. This one was from my republic sage on May 9th:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/845...3050911390.jpg

As you can see, I received 20 Ultimate commendations and 20 Elite commendations.

Here is a screenshot of when I turned the mission in tonight on my Bounty Hunter:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4...3052223073.jpg

12 Ultimate commendations and 20 Elite commendations.

I haven't run this on the pub side this week yet but I asked on fleet tonight and everyone answered 20 ultimate comms. If this is the case, the imp side has been losing out on 8 ultimate comms per week for every week since S&V has been out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This needs to be corrected IMMEDIATELY by compensating the imperial players with the difference in the ultimate commendations or by reversing the imbalance for the same amount of time before making the rewards equal for both factions. (basically pubs get 16 commendations and imps get 20 for the same period of time as the pubs got 20 and the imps got 16, or bioware looks at the amount of time each imp completed the quest and give them the difference as a mail attachment)

This needs to be corrected IMMEDIATELY by compensating the imperial players with the difference in the ultimate commendations or by reversing the imbalance for the same amount of time before making the rewards equal for both factions. (basically pubs get 16 commendations and imps get 20 for the same period of time as the pubs got 20 and the imps got 16, or bioware looks at the amount of time each imp completed the quest and give them the difference as a mail attachment)

All well and good, as long as all the historic bugs that favored the Imperial faction are also retroactively addressed... e.g. all those Alderaan warzones we lost by 10 points because the "snow" gun started firing on the Rep ship immediately.

In practice, it should just get fixed so both factions get the same reward -- hopefully 20 for each side, rather than 12.

yet again reinforces that EA truly is the worst company in the world check out forbes 2 years running now !!!

They are the Borg of companies.

They buy and consume.

And they also flat out lie to customers and release total crap just in time to meet quarterly fiscal numbers.

Example: Sim City 2013 is a complete disaster of a game, and they ruined Maxis,just like they destroyed Bioware.

• Dev Post

Thank you for the reports! We're working on fixing the issues with these Weekly Mission rewards as soon as possible. The reward should 12 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations.

Currently, Imperial players who complete the Weekly for Scum and Villainy are receiving the correct rewards. Republic players are getting 20 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations. The only players who are getting fewer Commendations than intended are Imperials who complete the Weekly Mission for Terror From Beyond, as this is currently rewarding 12 Ultimate/12 Elite Commendations.

So, the bad news is that there is indeed a bug, and it causes some players to lose out on Elite Commendations. The good news is that a larger number of players who face this bug are actually getting more Ultimate Commendations than they are intended to gain, so it works in their favor.

Sorry for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. When we've got a time frame on what patch we'll be fixing this, we'll be sure to post and update.

Thank you for the reports! We're working on fixing the issues with these Weekly Mission rewards as soon as possible. The reward should 12 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations.

Currently, Imperial players who complete the Weekly for Scum and Villainy are receiving the correct rewards. Republic players are getting 20 Ultimate/20 Elite Commendations for both Operations. The only players who are getting fewer Commendations than intended are Imperials who complete the Weekly Mission for Terror From Beyond, as this is currently rewarding 12 Ultimate/12 Elite Commendations.

So, the bad news is that there is indeed a bug, and it causes some players to lose out on Elite Commendations. The good news is that a larger number of players who face this bug are actually getting more Ultimate Commendations than they are intended to gain, so it works in their favor.

Sorry for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. When we've got a time frame on what patch we'll be fixing this, we'll be sure to post and update.

Yes...its good for republic...bad for imperial. I'm glad youve addressed that obvious issue.

Does this mean imperial players get comms added to their account?

I sense angry imperials comming! Quick to escape pods!

Yes...its good for republic...bad for imperial. I'm glad youve addressed that obvious issue.

Does this mean imperial players get comms added to their account?

I don't really think so. It's probably impossible to see how many times all of the lvl 55 characters have completed the weekly. The issue is gonna get fixed, but I don't think we're gonna comms added.

I don't really think so. It's probably impossible to see how many times all of the lvl 55 characters have completed the weekly. The issue is gonna get fixed, but I don't think we're gonna comms added.

They have to figure something out. If you were doing both S&V and TFB imperial characters were getting 16 ultimate comms less per week than republic characters. Add those up and that's pretty much one Verpine piece of gear.

They have to figure something out. If you were doing both S&V and TFB imperial characters were getting 16 ultimate comms less per week than republic characters. Add those up and that's pretty much one Verpine piece of gear.

Doesn't bother me much. Lucky for them, but life goes on. I just want to see this fixed as soon as possible.