How rich are you in game?

Vassise

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont have more than 6 mil on any single character liquid, but with 15 lvl 53-55s I probably have 100 million in mats and items in bank.

I think one of my guys has 3 korrelis commander speeders sitting in the bank, but If I were to see something I really wanted to buy and it was 20 million or something it would take some time to liquify my assets to buy it.

I try to be self sufficient so credits are mainly used to waste on aug kits, and spent on running crew missions for more mats to sit in my banks.

I'm sitting on 32 million and growing, but I also spend my credits. Why not? If there is a cool mount or something I want, I impulsively go for it because I can. I get to indulge doing stuff I can't normally do IRL. I mean, I have the disposable income where I could if I really wanted to, but I'm trying to meet long-term goals.

Anyway, I've bought the ship GTN terminal, paid for rocket boost before you could get them for CC, bought legacy perks, maxed out affections on all companions, bought all kinds of color crystals for my ever growing collection (plus a bunch to learn schematics), a 2 million white crystal back in the day, and the list goes on and on. I have probably earned more than double the amount of credits I'm sitting on now. I have more than enough for a rainy day, and still buy "ooh shinies" whenever it suits my fancy.

Looking at the CC pricing and credit-coin ratio my account, with its characters, items and credits is worth over $3500 ^^

Well, people on ebay rather buy some low sh**s from commercial than personal.

Don't know what people are doing to get so rich.

If you just "play the game" you won't get rich. If you craft you won't get rich. Those are my two main activities, no raiding, gold farming, CM to credits, or GTN farming and I'm lucky if I have 500k between 10 alts in the 20-45 range. Probably half of that gold came from selling crafted dyes in the week after 2.1.

Rich enough where I could blow 18m on a single item on the GTN without sweating it. Honestly, credits are pretty easy to come by in SWTOR. Even if you did nothing but dailies, or space missions, or pvp, or did nothing but buy/sell cartel items... money comes cheap in SWTOR

lol @ pvp rewards. At 55 pvp, you can expect around 10K for an awesome win, 2K for a horrible loss. On average, let's just be optimistic and say 6K. At best, you can do about four warzones per hour = 24K credits per hour. Pretty darn pathetic, really. Factor in some boosters and you are looking at less than that. The daily rewards around 10K credits and I think the weekly does as well, so let's just say that covers the booster costs for the day.

I'm still trying to recover from augmenting my sage pvp gear (with 50 augments...can't afford the shiny 66's). So, I have about 900K spread among primarily 3 characters. Welp. :(

P.S. I've been playing since launch. I just don't play all that much (10-15 hours a week at most), and about 90% of my ingame time is spent pvp'ing. I never even bothered to get started with crafting....meh. Other than 66 augments for pvp, there is nothing that I want that costs credits, so I don't really care. If I wanted to play monopoly online, I would go back to EVE. I had about 22 billion (:smug:), which actually isn't all that insanely much. Some guys have trillions.

Edited by teclado

You can't even put it in a CreditBin to swim in like Scourge McDuck. If people really have all the wealth they claim to have, the GTN prices for common commodities like cartel packs would've inflated very quickly unless all the people have credist have absolutely no interest in these things. Instead I see the cartel pack is still generally selling in the 200-300K range, even though you can single handedly buy out the entire GTN's supply at that price for say, 5 million credits. The fact that I've never seen that happen (if it did, the prices would definitely increase the next time those packs get listed) suggests people really don't have as much money as they claim to have.

Your logic is faulty.

People don't plunk down 5m credits and snatch up every cartel pack on the GTN because they don't want to blow that kind of money only to end up with 15 useless jawagrams. Why would I spend the credits on packs gambling for what I want when I would just end up with some useless bollocks I can't even sell? Why do that when I can buy the item I want outright?