PVP players pay subs too

justandulas

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how long "preseason" has gone, believing pvp is anything remotely close to a priority to their skeleton crew is pretty much the definition of masochism.

I enjoy my Huttball, but am under no illusions that pvp will ever have sufficient resources again aimed towards it.

Which bred the most hostile community in gaming history.

Xbox LIVE looks like Sesame Street compared to those guys.

:eek:

They're only hostile towards tourists and idiots. Which one are you? :rolleyes:

Which bred the most hostile community in gaming history.

Xbox LIVE looks like Sesame Street compared to those guys.

:eek:

And? Are you the type that lets random internet people hurt your feelings? I really don't see a point except that maybe you are driving home the fact that you on some sort of throne of judgement.

I can sense your deep seated anger simmering just below the surface did you get T-bagged by some meanie?

The wisdom I have gained thru the years tells me that you are set in your opinions and there is little value that will come of any kind of discussion with you so I am going to do myself a favor before I get sucked in and use the ignore feature.

Also cana 10 year old game be the future of mmorpg gaming? http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-04-18/multiplayer-game-eve-online-cultivates-a-most-devoted-following

Edited by Tekeda

And? Are you the type that lets random internet people hurt your feelings? I really don't see a point except that maybe you are driving home the fact that you on some sort of throne of judgement.

I can sense your deep seated anger simmering just below the surface did you get T-bagged by some meanie?

I don't sit on a throne of judgement. I sit on a throne of Porcelain.

:D

But I can sense that you don't like when people aren't on your wave of thought. That, sadly, is a symptom of prolonged exposure to MMO PVP. It turns nice little boys like you into angry, irrational people who try to pick fights because that is the only form of human communication they know.

Such a shame. I bet you used to be pleasant company once. But now you've devolved into a common bootyhat of the internet.

/sigh

Possibly irreversible.

it was well known from the beta testers that pvp and world pvp in this game was ( still is) terrible. the inherent game design makes world pv problematic. couple this with lag issues when ever more than 16 players get together for too many computer systems you have a fail fail situation.

i applaud you for sticking it out so long. perseverance and loyalty is a nice quality in any individual. but by now most of us need to understand a few things. this game is what it is and great or even average pvp it is not. challenging pve end game it is not too. wanting it to be is ok but by now we need to understand it just wont happen unless some how the cartel can make monies from it. i dont know how it can without making cartel content which most of us really dont want.

This game is turning like Age of Conan did for me. Great game potential for days but it is getting mismanaged into the ground.

The PVE guys said the same thing there "if you don't like it leave" so we did and now you can put that entire games pop on a single server and still not be full.

I am already setting my sights on Everquest Next it being billed as the worlds largest sandbox game has me giddy.

I'm sure it will be released too soon and be a bug filled mess and the cycle will repeat itself.

No game will come even close to Age of Conan for potential getting mismanaged into the ground. TOR still has a long way to go to get near that point.

As for EQN, I lost all hope for it after the mess that is Planetside 2.

They really screw up with the expansion for pvp. At least pre-expansion pvp was functional. That's why I don't like expansions. Expansions always screw up pvp regardless of the mmorpg.

I have mostly pvp in this game, but due to work I haven't even leveled a character to level 51. If pvp is bad by the time I hit 55 considering how slow I am leveling, then pvp will not be fix in any timely manner.

Edited by Knockerz

No game will come even close to Age of Conan for potential getting mismanaged into the ground. TOR still has a long way to go to get near that point.

Age of Conan is a legend in this regard.

Hmm I like PS2 I have never seen a game being updated more rapidly then that game. It gives me hope that there has truly been a turnaround at SOE> They have the right idea sandbox is the way to go give the players the tools to create content.

They need PvP faction controlled bases or forts on different planets. A reason for players to go PvP on different worlds or at least the cool ones like Tatooine, Nar Shadda etc.

Also we need a large warzone with a larger scope of players like a Athari Basin. I want to say I read somewhere that the main PvP dev's are no longer on the Swtor team. So yea they need to bring some PvP developers in to get things rolling.

I agree 100%. My original guild fell apart because of the delay on introducing PvP content...even the ability to queue as a 4 man group and not have to remake after every WZ took forever to implement. The worst part is this new "bolstering" system. It is fine for 10-29 and 30-54 but I can't for the life of me understand who they are catering too when forcing it on the 55 bracket.

Why on EARTH would you bolster the 55 bracket? For those people who didn't give a crap about PvP AT ALL till they hit 55 and all of a sudden feel a need to PvP, have ZERO WZ comms and do not want to be disadvantaged at all for THEIR lack of foresight and preparation? The only thing bolstering the 55 bracket does is make grinding the PvP gear next to meaningless. If you haven't prepared yourself for PvP at 55 enough to have capped your comms in order to be able to get a few pieces of gear you DESERVE to have your face smashed in until you catch up.

I can't be "bolstered" to run 55 Hardmodes and OPs the minute I hit 55, and people who haven't given a second of thought to preparing for PvP at endgame shouldn't be "bolstered" so that they are competitive with those who have a full set of PvP gear. It is simply ridiculous that this situation exists, and makes you seriously question the thinking of whoever is in charge of the PvP game at this point.

This game is starting to seem more like Star Wars: The Old Cartel Shop than anything resembling a Star Wars MMO to me, and if it doesn't turn around I am likely to vote with my wallet and find a game with more balance and integrity, regardless of the fact that I really do want to play this game and love the hell out of Star Wars.

They are catering to some like me with the new bolster system. When the game first launch I had no interest in pvp. My first toon never pvp'd. The second I did have a little go but I really got into it with my 3rd toon, an Op healer. I was pvping everyday, my Valour lvl was restricted by my actual lvl. I was also pretty good, I would top heal 90% of the time and get plenty of medals. I had stacked my comms and picked up a couple of Battle Master items once I hit 50. And when I played I just got stomped repeatedly. I went from out healing 2-3 ppl attacking me to dying in a matter of seconds in a 1 on 1. So I gave up, I play to have fun, the pvp grind is not fun.

Now since 2.0, I can hop into a wz when I feel like it and still manage 300k + healing without totally getting stomped. Now I understand that ppl who arn't good at pvp don't want to be on equal footing because they can no longer compete with good players who have no gear.

Edit: also there is no consalation prize in Raids, unlike there is in WZs. You lost but he you go have some comms anyway. It would be nice if that happened in a Raid, hey you got no bosses down but that was a good effort, here have some free gear!

Edited by ChuangTzu

If you like to PVP, why don't you just play wow? It's 10x better balanced, has actual arenas and rated battlegrounds that are cross server and people actually queue and it's far better structured and skill intensive than SWTOR.

If you like to PVP, why don't you just play wow? It's 10x better balanced, has actual arenas and rated battlegrounds that are cross server and people actually queue and it's far better structured and skill intensive than SWTOR.

well because wow isnt star wars (which is the main reason why most people play this game)

Can the same not be said about PVE?

Can the same not be said about PVE?

Well yeah, and I understand people play it for Star Wars but PVE can be a lot better in this game whereas PVP is terrible in this game compared to WoW .

If I was a pure pvper, I would spend my money on a different game. SWTOR doesn't even have cross server rated warzones, what kind of a joke is that?

I have to agree. I've been subbed since the beginning. I was in early access. And I've been a PvP player all the way. PvE just doesn't appeal to me. I don't think we should get PvP content every single patch, but its getting to be quite awhile since the last patch with PvP content.. 1.6, I think. Ancient Hypergates. The gear and bolster don't really count, that was just because level cap being increased to 55. I love this game (like someone said before me, because its Star Wars), and it would be nice to know if anything is coming soon for PvPers. I'm curious as to what the content is that they said PvPers would be excited for; just telling us could help them keep a lot of on-the-edge PvP subs, but I understand them being afraid to set things in stone early on.

This...

And this...

Don't match this...

You want balance and integrity but don't want people with lesser gear to be competitive with you. How is that balanced? Bolster is in essence a device that is supposed to balance the game...which you say you want but...you don't want bolster so you can smack around undergeared people... :rolleyes:

Now, now. Don't even try and argue that point my friend. I am not a person who is in favor of PvP being about who has the best gear. But when your game is designed that way, and the main thing you offer people as a reward for progression is gear, you cannot do what Bioware is doing and use this back door, not at all subtle means of "balancing" the game by negating the stats people are grinding WZs for.

I liked the PvP in GW2 where everyone was on equal footing and no one had a gear advantage...but most people did not. The problem here is that this is not GW2. The developers have stated that their PvP model includes gear as a factor...and yet they make the advantage for getting even the top tier ranked gear ridiculously small for the effort involved. This is really so crazy and poorly thought out that it amazes me it was even implemented by professionals. You want to encourage people to spend time in WZs so they can get better gear, yet that gear basically places you what, a few hundred expertise above someone who comes in with no PvP gear? That is the most inane system I have ever seen in MMO PvP.

As I said, for 10-29 and 30-54 it is a great system, and I applaud Bioware for making pre cap WZs so much fun. However the decision to continue this system into the 55 bracket is killing PvP in this game, and needs to be removed immediately.

Meh, your playstyle tends to be more trouble than it's worth. Everytime a nerf or buff comes in to help "balance" you, the PvE crowd goes nuts. Not to mention it's utterly pointless to try to balance your PvP, as any changes will be unwanted by your community and you'll complain unless your favorite class wins all the time.

It's probably best if you just left and MMO PVP be scrapped entirely. No offense, but it's just too much pain and zero gain.

You guys should just stick to TF2 and Battlefield. PVP will never feel right in an MMORPG. Sorry, dude.

/yawn another self-righteous PvEer with a nonsensical, one sided understanding of what MMOs are about. I love how you guys always want to point the finger at PvP for "imbalancing" and "destroying" MMOs...when it is you guys who are almost solely responsible for the way MMOs have devolved over the years from games with awesome communities full of imaginative, creative people, where developers took risks and created incredible, dynamic worlds to explore and deep, rich game systems to work with, to the WoW carbon copy theme park BS we have nowadays.

It is the PvE/raid crowd that feels the need to stroke their sad little egos by chewing through expensive to develop content at a ridiculous pace, probably not enjoying any of it, just so one can brag to the other that they downed X boss first. You treat the creativity, money and time game developers spend making this content for you with no respect, as if it exists solely as fodder for your weird little epeen competition, otherwise known as "progression".

You have forced developers to take fewer risks, work with proven formulas instead of creating new things, and have made these games increasingly shallow and banal, because all of the development resources have to go towards keeping you brats happy and churning out enough content to pacify you so you don't cry and whine about quitting on the forums.

This game lost a ton of subs and went from having queues and god knows how many servers down to what we have now because you couldn't pace yourselves and enjoy the game, you had to play that stupid "Race to see who gets there first" garbage, and got done with the content so fast you had nothing to do but sit on the fleet with your thumbs you know where, leading you to pollute the forums with vitriol and endless whine fests to the point they were unreadable and a lot of people who may have wanted to try the game got turned off. You incited an exodus that dominoed into entire guilds leaving because they saw fewer and fewer people around.

You have done the same thing everywhere and every game you have been. You are the locusts of the MMORPG world. Never satisfied, caring about nothing but your epeen race...not even the game itself really except in its capacity as fuel for your neverending search for your missing pair.

So drop the "PvP kills MMOs" nonsense. If you want to know who has changed MMORPGs for the worse, look in a mirror.

I agree with the OP. I just canceled my sub for the second time. First time after I lost all my damn names with the transfers. Now it's because I'm sick of having every update just be for the cartel market now.

I really wish the game never went f2p, but I also wish they would actively add more to pvp. My main gripe is the lack of warzone maps. I really want new huttball maps, and something other then control point pvp. Would love a pure deathmatch. Etc. etc.. etc......

But since f2p has completely turned this game into a constantly upgrading cash grab I'm done. Cya later

LOL at 10 times better balanced.

The last time I quit WoW was in cata, and it was still horribly balanced both PvP and PvE then.

I could make the same argument opposite side - why can't SW:TOR produce similar PvP content?

LOL at 10 times better balanced.

The last time I quit WoW was in cata, and it was still horribly balanced both PvP and PvE then.

I could make the same argument opposite side - why can't SW:TOR produce similar PvP content?

WoWs PvP is way less balanced than SWTORS...