Who else bought the lame species to get a better one in the future?

Toweleeeie

I was surprised by how much I didn't like the Cathar. Other than the green guys, they are my least favorite race. With that said, I'm truly hopeful they will allow us to be Voss. I would love that.

I might be convinced to spring for a species change if they did Voss.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me, my dreams of a Rodian Smuggler were shattered when I found out they'll never add species who don't speak basic :(

Rodian can speak Basic, they have several doing so in TCW which is higher canon than SWTOR.

for example.

:jawa_smile:

And also in SWTOR they have :

a Hutt speaking basic...

yeah, you're right.. cause it's not like another game had wookies as playable species.. oh, wait SWG did it over a decade ago? ;) Trandoshians and Ithorians too :) but I digress ...

it's all possible - just depends on whether the devs think it's worth the effort.

SWG is also not canon. SWTOR is and therefore have to remain within the set guidelines of the world. Lucas said no more Wookie Jedi. They will never give us a race that would, be merely being in the game as a certain class, break canon.

SWG is also not canon. SWTOR is and therefore have to remain within the set guidelines of the world. Lucas said no more Wookie Jedi. They will never give us a race that would, be merely being in the game as a certain class, break canon.

Makeb spoiler:

Hutts speaking Galactic Basic?

Edited by DarthTHC

I saw plenty of Wookiee Jedi in SWG lol Even a Dark Jedi Overlord, and who really cares what Lucas says, Star Wars isn't his anymore :p

Makeb spoiler:

How is this a spoiler? It certainly doesn't tell me a thing.

Regarding whether Rodians and others (Jawas, Hutts, e.g.) can speak Basic, their vocal apparatus is clearly capable of creating the sounds of Basic. This is not true of Wookies.

Edited by branmakmuffin

What makes you think one is and not the other ?

And on what level ?

Long before he sold the rights, Lucas said SWG wasn't canon (in fact he has hinted that he doesn't really consider anything after RotJ canon), he also said that Swtor was canon, that's why this game has to conform to the StarWars Canon.

As for what level I believe it is C-Canon which puts it in line with the books and the cartoons.

While we are throwing around words like 'ignorant' and 'idiot,' I'll just point out the stupidity of your position that people should buy something that they neither want nor need in order to encourage BW to make something that they might want at a later time. That's moronic.

Firstly, don't escalate a fight.

Secondly, while you might not want a Cathar, if people don't buy them EA will NEVER create anymore character races.

Thirdly, ignoring the fact that they have said any future races depend upon the success of the Cathar, while refusing to buy said Cathar, and demanding another Race, requires people to ask you to re-examine your position. See no insults at all there.

Secondly, while you might not want a Cathar, if people don't buy them EA will NEVER create anymore character races.

Thirdly, ignoring the fact that they have said any future races depend upon the success of the Cathar, while refusing to buy said Cathar, and demanding another Race, requires people to ask you to re-examine your position. See no insults at all there.

But that whole premise is idiotic. There should be no onus on the consumer to spend resources on things they DON'T want just in case the provider might someday MAYBE produce something they do want.

If this game never produces another species, that's on them, not the players. They'll see demand or they won't. They'll be able to figure out the tech for tentacle-heads (which seem to be the most desired species) or they won't.

We shouldn't have to buy the (currently) vastly underwhelming iPhone 5 on the off-chance that Apple might actually figure out how to produce a competitive smart phone again, and we shouldn't have to buy Cathar on the off chance that EAWare might eventually produce another race that they haven't even named or speculated yet that may or may not match our future desires.

I saw plenty of Wookiee Jedi in SWG lol Even a Dark Jedi Overlord, and who really cares what Lucas says, Star Wars isn't his anymore :p

That was my point. SWG could have Wookie Jedi, because it is not canon. SWTOR is, and therefore must comply with the rules of canon. I doubt Disney is going to retroactively change things that Lucas has stated in the past.

Your fundamental point seems to be "If you choose not to buy a Cather because you don't like them, be aware that if too many others do the same, we may not get any other new races, including the race you might be looking forward to" which seems a bit more reasonable than "Buy them even if you don't like them!"

Edited by branmakmuffin

Makeb spoiler:

Just to add to your list, there was a jedi Hutt at one point which btw hutts start off as snake like creatures when they are young so are fast and agile and get larger as they age, a wookie jedi in EU lore, name was Lowbacca iirc ,umm a tuskan raider that was also a jedi though I can't remember his name, and a wookie that spoke basic in the, I want to say Yuuzhan Vong storyline . He had a speech impediment allowing him to talk basic. :D

Your fundamental point seems to be "If you choose not to buy a Cather because you don't like them, be aware that if too many others do the same, we may not get any other new races, including the race you might be looking forward to" which seems a bit more reasonable than "Buy them even if you don't like them!"

Yes, with the emphasis on be aware, I'm not telling people to buy them, we can all make that decision one way or the other. Personally I like them, and I hope that EA will bring out others.

Pretty sure he put lots of stipulations into the sale of the Star Wars Franchise.

At least in SWG you had choices, you could be a wookiee or rodian etc. here? Oh you can be a human or blue human or red human.

SWG was probably not canon but do you believe this game is? Where 10 or more people beat on a giant droid for a new shirt or pair of pants? lol

The Force give Jedi and Sith their power...not a belt or new hat :p

yeah, you're right.. cause it's not like another game had wookies as playable species.. oh, wait SWG did it over a decade ago? ;) Trandoshians and Ithorians too :) but I digress ...

it's all possible - just depends on whether the devs think it's worth the effort.

You missed the part where I said there were too many issues with trying to make Wooks work. It does not matter that SWG had them, this is NOT SWG. Wookiees do not speak basic, that is just one of the problems with making them a playable species. So, no, you will never play as a Wookiee. Using SWG as a comparison here doesn't work, that game was not a fully voiced, story driven game.

SWG was probably not canon but do you believe this game is? Where 10 or more people beat on a giant droid for a new shirt or pair of pants? lol

I cannot count how many times you've used that example - please try to think up of a new one to keep us all entertained.

Word of advice. Change your font color. People associate red with anger and yelling. You'll get nicer replies if you change to green or something else that looks soothing.

As for the thread. I didn't buy it. I took one of my toons to the kiosk and when I previewed the changes I just never felt right. Maybe if I plan on leveling any more toons but IMO the Cather don't fit on the imp side well.

If people associate red with anger that is their problem, to be honest. I use red because it is my favorite color, nothing more.I see no reason not to use my favorite color. ;)