Legacy Datacrons

GhostMarine

I disagree. Datacrons are not a not novelty toys thrown into the game for visual gratification. They are also not minor conveniences that allow you to avoid the fleet lag. They are specialty missions within the game that enhance your character for better performance in the game. Anything like this needs to be done by each character. No shortcuts should be allowed.

Please make this happen --- we need legacy datacrons now!

Want them? then go get them.

Next, you'll be asking for Underworld gear to be legacy, I mean, I already done it once, why should I have to do it again on another toon?

What a bunch of lazy jerks. :rolleyes:

/signed

"You should earn it like anything else in the game!" Then tie it to a legacy level reward. For those of us that have more than one or two alts farming these over and over just to be at the same base stat level is quite tedious.

Signed!

If I'm a raider and I have to switch mains (because e.g. my group needs a healer) I should not have to go do a billion datacron quests again to get those stats back. Gear, fine, but datacrons just take so much goddamn time.

/signed

This has been brought up constantly since the legacy system came out, and the majority of players(those of us with alts) want this feature, because we're tired of spending our game time grinding out the same tedious datacrons just to have optimal characters. It can be an optional legacy perk so that all the nay-sayers will be able to farm datacrons on all of their characters...and enjoy it?

But seriously, the only people who say 'no' to this feature are people who consider themselves special because they've farmed the crons on all of their alts. Give it up; this is old content and unless EAware can find a way to magically make it entertaining again, the majority of us don't feel that it should have to be repeated for every new character.

Please make this happen --- we need legacy datacrons now!

With the introduction of Collections in 2.1, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some bright dev at Bioware isn't looking into the mechanics of making datacrons a Collection item. That way, you'd have a choice between taking the time and effort to grab a particular datacron on each character, or just paying CC to unlock it for your legacy.

Not signed.. Nobody needs legacy datacrons.. You want them then go get them.. This game doesn't need to cater to lazy people..

Oh.. But it is so boring.. I have done it millions of times on my alts.. Yeah Yeah.. And yet you aren't asking for legay leveling?? Or is that next..

Get a clue!! Legacy datacrons would ruin the game.. But it doesn't effect you?? Then it doesn't effect you either so why ask for it??

No to legacy datacrons.. If you are to lazy to earn the stats, then you shouldn't get the stats.. Period.. :)

With 17 toons and having done literally ALL the content... I must agree.

Why datacrons have to be farmed for all toons baffles me.

So you would be against leveling to then?? What baffles me is that you think you farm datacrons.. Do you even know what farming means??

You don't need free daracrons.. You need to stop making alts.. Case closed.. :rolleyes:

If I'm a raider and I have to switch mains (because e.g. my group needs a healer) I should not have to go do a billion datacron quests again to get those stats back.

Yes, you should. Datacron stat increases are consumed on a per-character basis. If you need to send a stim or credits to your other character, great, those are tangible products. If I can bench press 500 pounds but my brother can't should he just be able to cuz I can? No.

Also, a billion Datacron quests? There are ~70 per faction and if you take out the Matrix shards which you don't need for raiding and only get the Endurance and your class-specific ones it's <20 so if it's that much of a problem just eliminate the ones you don't need.

Gear, fine, but datacrons just take so much gosh darn time.

They don't take much time at all if you do them logically. Nearly every planet chain takes you to areas with Datacrons so if you get them as you go they are quick and easy and also help you with stats and experience.

If you wait until you're at max level and *then* go back and get them, then you're doing it wrong, so learn from this and get them as you go for your subsequent characters.

:sy_star:I will gladly help anyone get any Datacrons.:sy_star:

:sy_star:If you're on Jedi Covenant look up D'alari'ia (Pub) or T'alari'ia (Imp).:sy_star:

- - - - - - -

Edited by PetFish

/Signed

This needs to happen. Having 8 toons and limited time, I would rather dedicate my time playing to leveling my toons, gearing and doing FP's and Ops. While I enjoy platforming for Datacrons, I don't see the necessity of having to get them all for every toon. Achievements are now legacy, what is the difference between this and say reputation?

/Signed

This needs to happen. Having 8 toons and limited time, I would rather dedicate my time playing to leveling my toons, gearing and doing FP's and Ops. While I enjoy platforming for Datacrons, I don't see the necessity of having to get them all for every toon. Achievements are now legacy, what is the difference between this and say reputation?

Lame excuse.. Are going to say it is to hard to level alts as well?? Should quests be legacy too?? If you don't know what the difference is between getting datacrons and reputation, then perhaps MMO's aren't a good game for you.. :rolleyes:

Achievements are now legacy, what is the difference between this and say reputation?

When you move into a neighbourhood you always hear about so-and-so's family (Legacy) reputation, right? "Stay away from that house, they are mean" or "those guys over there have sweet pool parties". Your reputation can follow you and your family (Legacy) around. So can achievements.

However, I can't eat a delicious hamburger off of the BBQ and then have the rest of my family (Legacy) feel full, right? That's what Datacrons are: consumable. I can tell people all day how I lifted weights and got +3 strength but they don't get that bonus, right? But they can sure hear about it, just like a Codex, or reputation, or achievements.

Datacrons are consumed on use by the individual character that activated it.

- - - - - - -

:sy_star:I will gladly help anyone get any Datacrons.:sy_star:

:sy_star:If you're on Jedi Covenant look up D'alari'ia (Pub) or T'alari'ia (Imp).:sy_star:

- - - - - - -

Yea bioware, I would strongly suggest adding this to the game. I have debunked any reason against adding this to the game.

It's a nice quality of life bonus for players and I'm sure it'll be on the CC market, so that will benefit you as well. Like I been saying, it's a win-win.