Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game Update 2.2: Trust

Talsalus

It's hard to keep subscribing to a game that keeps falling short in every update. I won't go into detail because everyone knows the current situation.

Please list what changes to the current state of game that you would like to see. What does Bioware need to do to keep your subscription?

I don't care if they want to constantly make new CC items, and stuff, but at the same time, they should also be making content.

Spend all the time you want on the market, but you better be making content at the same time, and release better patches with content, like new warzones, new flshpoints, new races, new planets, new events, and maybe don't try to charge CC for those to be unlocked. Plenty of new MMO's by big names coming out, you can't afford to alienate your player base anymore.

CC and the cartel market should be taking a backseat to good content, not the other way around.

All patches prior to this brought new content or features, so damning it after one "extra" patch (it has been said many times that 2.1 is "extra" in this development cycle) focused on non-essential fluff seems like an overreaction to be honest.

I would love to see new Flashpoint in 2.2, a NiM for Terror from Beyond (although that is doubtful, as that would mean new tier of gear), and possibly a new WZ map (even if it was a new huttball arena).

All patches prior to this brought new content or features, so damning it after one "extra" patch (it has been said many times that 2.1 is "extra" in this development cycle) focused on non-essential fluff seems like an overreaction to be honest.

I would love to see new Flashpoint in 2.2, a NiM for Terror from Beyond (although that is doubtful, as that would mean new tier of gear), and possibly a new WZ map (even if it was a new huttball arena).

This. And God knows I'd love a new Huttball arena.

Well its kinda silly to expect a large content patch right after the release of an expansion...

Next patch is supposedly a content patch tho.

The consensus is it was small expansion, based on price and everything. Let's not lower our expectations too much, it won't make the game any better, it could make it worse actually. IMO expectations should be always higher than reality to fuel game's progress. With perfect game by a slight margin.

I completely agree, but I don't see cosmetics and fluff as content. I'd of course like to see a new FP / WZ or two, a new OP maybe and possibly new daily area(yeah I like doing dailies) that's level 55. And of course I'd like to see the Rakghoul event return :D

I completely agree, but I don't see cosmetics and fluff as content. I'd of course like to see a new FP / WZ or two, a new OP maybe and possibly new daily area(yeah I like doing dailies) that's level 55. And of course I'd like to see the Rakghoul event return :D

I never said I counted what was in 2.1 as a content, like I said, all it brought was a fluff, which is consistent with the claims that most of fluff will be CM-related (hopefully, not all).

As for dailies, we got plenty of them on older planets with RotHC (GSI missions), I think it is time for a new Flashpoint (titans of Industry, anyone?) and new WZ map. Plus, Rakghouls are planned to return at some point as well, IIRC, Eric or some other member of DevTeam said it somewhere recently

Dont usually do these but what the heck, most of these relate to 2.1 as i dont really have a beef with the game otherwise

Fix the dye system

Either make it so more are craftable, add in some colour combinations people might actually want to wear and/or allow us to combine primary and secondary dyes of our own (or overwrite an existing primary/secondary with an individual dye so we can create our own combinations)

If you are absolutely set on the dyes coming from the CC then make it so people can buy limited use schematics for certain desirable dyes or buy a rare dye outright for an increased CC cost

Make the collections system more useful/user friendly

Requiring full sets be unlocked for armor is a bit low, most people who are creating a custom look dont do full sets and they are unable to make the most of the system without spending money on items they never intend to use just to make use of the set (or have to spend millions on rare Revan set peices to be able to share the Revan mask - the mask was used as an example all the way through one of your Q&A's obviously knowing full well people wouldnt need to unlock the full set to be able to actually do it)

If you cant/wont make an adjustment here so individual peices can be duplicated, sell a CM item that converts an item to BoL so it can be shared or removed from a retired character.

The interface is terrible, it should be easier to find items you've paid to unlock for all characters (a seperate tab or something)

Actually fix the Voidstar stuck bug

Too many Voidstars the last few days have people needing to quit out because they have died and respawn stuck in place

I know it's been said a billion times, but I would like to see pazaak and pod racing added. Though I doubt they will be in game anytime soon...or ever... :( They will take a lot of work to make, and the devs probably don't know a way to make them into big cash cows so I can't see them being a priority.

I know it's been said a billion times, but I would like to see pazaak and pod racing added. Though I doubt they will be in game anytime soon...or ever... :( They will take a lot of work to make, and the devs probably don't know a way to make them into big cash cows so I can't see them being a priority.

Actually, pazaak would be extremely easy to make as a cash cow. Just look to Magic the gathering and other "Trading Card Games". The biggest cash cow for these games are called booster packs. Sure you can get the cards by some other means (winning them in tournaments, buying from other players), but the majority of your deck is still from the booster packs.

Actually, pazaak would be extremely easy to make as a cash cow. Just look to Magic the gathering and other "Trading Card Games". The biggest cash cow for these games are called booster packs. Sure you can get the cards by some other means (winning them in tournaments, buying from other players), but the majority of your deck is still from the booster packs.

Well, my guess is if they put cards on the cartel market people might cry and call it "pay to win". I'm not saying that it would or wouldn't be, but that could be something stopping them. I don't know. lol. I just really wish they'd add them.

Edited by Radzkie

The consensus is it was small expansion, based on price and everything. Let's not lower our expectations too much, it won't make the game any better, it could make it worse actually. IMO expectations should be always higher than reality to fuel game's progress. With perfect game by a slight margin.

Doesnt matter if it was a "small" expansion or not.

Fact is that expecting a large content patch right after an expansion is silly.

Next patch will be a content patch, they have said so themselves.

And this patch was not part of their 8 week patch routine anyway, so it was just a bonus.

Well, my guess is if they put cards on the cartel market people might cry and call it "pay to win". I'm not saying that it would or wouldn't be, but that could be something stopping them. I don't know. lol. I just really wish they'd add them.

Well, technically, trading card games (which pazaak is, sort of) are by their nature Pay 2 Win. If you buy 500 booster packs, you will probably have better cards then someone who buy only 50.

We already have booster decks... they are called cartel packs.

We already have booster decks... they are called cartel packs.

I am talking about real world TCGs :)

Sure, adding cards to cartel pack might work as well, but if someone wanted to really play pazaak as a pro, he would have to pay for better cards in separate packs, just like in real TCGs.

For example, card from cartel pack could be equated to a bonus you get by buying a magazine, not much by itself, but buying booster packs is something you will probably do to expand your deck on purpose...

I am talking about real world TCGs :)

Sure, adding cards to cartel pack might work as well, but if someone wanted to really play pazaak as a pro, he would have to pay for better cards in separate packs, just like in real TCGs.

For example, card from cartel pack could be equated to a bonus you get by buying a magazine, not much by itself, but buying booster packs is something you will probably do to expand your deck on purpose...

In the world of TCG's, when building your deck, you buy singles, not boosters, boosters are only once you have a fully functional deck, and want to pull some nice stuff.

I never said I counted what was in 2.1 as a content, like I said, all it brought was a fluff, which is consistent with the claims that most of fluff will be CM-related (hopefully, not all).

I was agreeing with you, it's just that I added my own opinion as well. I'll try and phrase my comments better.

Edited by The_Miz

I don't care if they want to constantly make new CC items, and stuff, but at the same time, they should also be making content.

They are, they have 2 separate teams for this.

The problem is people only see frequent updates from the former and make the assumption that's all that's happening. They seem to forget content updates do take rather longer than CM ones and that we've just had a huge new planet added to the game...

Wait, pazzak is a TCG? I always thought it was Baccarat in space. If its a TCG screw that, not interested.

Next patch will just be the same content rehashed nothing more.

There will next to no completely fresh new content in the next new patch, EAware will just re-use old content and alter a few numbers and colours.

Developer prove me wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.