people complaining about having to pay for all the new stuff, plz read

Moonraker

In WoW, if you want to change your race, the cost is 25.00 and you do not get to preview what you will look like before hand. In TOR you can change your race for 1000 CC or 10.00 (same thing) 15.00 less than WoW and you do not get to preview it in game you just pay for it and like it.

In WoW if you want to change your name, the character recustomize is 15.00 but you can change your name with that.

yes the barber shop is free but most of the things in TOR that we pay for for changing does cost extra in WoW plus the sub fee. So None of your arguments are valid except the cost of changing your hair and the color of you hair. That is the only thing we should not have to pay cash for or CC for. So please do your research before you start crying over everything the Devs do in the game, get over it and enjoy the game and be glad it is out there to play. if you don;t wanna pay for the items go back to WoW and pay even more when you get tired of being a Gnome and you want to be a Blood Elf, it's only 25.00, and then another 30.00 to change faction, and then on top of that the sub fee of 15.00 so you just spent 65.00 right there.

People have it easy here. 20-40 CC to change your hair color style...come on, how hard up for cash you have to be to pay that. If money is that much of an issue for people, then maybe less playing and more working at that real life job you have. Edited by stineo

totally agree with you seems all everyone does is say how much they hate the new patch and that they are now quitting because they didnt get what they want in the patch this game gets more patches and content perk month than wow does aswell its quickly filling up.

on a side note i would also add minor cosmetic changes like miraluka masks to the use credits instead of cartel coins option

Bravo.

Now, what are your counter-arguments for people who don't play World of Warcraft?

There needn't be any at all, but the information is probably of more use to people who don't play WoW because they simply have not encountered the pricing structure there or elsewhere. OP's point, I surmise, is that when you compare the pricing polices of SWTOR to other MMORPGs of similar scope, SWTOR stands up pretty well. I have no idea where on the scale SWTOR is. It may be mid-range. It may be cheaper than average. Perhaps others who have encountered cheaper games can chime in.

In wow i can go to the barbershop and change my hair style and a whole slew of other things including my druid form skin in its entirety for free. As often as I want to.

That's nice. Really, but I think we are looking for an overall cost comparison, i.e.: What does it cost the average gamer to play the game? You can cite an individual component to show a difference one way or another, but it amounts to anecdotal evidence. How about a side-by-side comparison of ALL the cost elements? I believe that was what OP was driving at. My toon is bald. He doesn't need to go to the barber shop.

That's nice. Really, but I think we are looking for an overall cost comparison, i.e.: What does it cost the average gamer to play the game? You can cite an individual component to show a difference one way or another, but it amounts to anecdotal evidence. How about a side-by-side comparison of ALL the cost elements? I believe that was what OP was driving at. My toon is bald. He doesn't need to go to the barber shop.

Many people do not want to use all those features anyway. They just want to make minor changes. So looking overall what those people would pay ends up being less in WoW. That is what people are upset about. I don't want to change my race or my name or any of the things that WoW charges for. I just want to change my hair or maybe add a scar, maybe change a facial expression or on female toons change up the makeup. WoW cost, 0 (other than perhaps in game currency). Most other games also have 0 cost in real money for those changes for those that subscribe to their game. This is why people are upset. Not over the cost of renames or race changes. Those are pretty much acceptable, at least to the reasonable people in my guild that I have talked about it. I have heard crying over the cost of everything and there always will be those that think everything should be free but the number of those people is few, they just seem to yell the loudest.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Bravo.

Now, what are your counter-arguments for people who don't play World of Warcraft?

+1

Never played WoW and I don't care what some other game did or does. THIS games producer promised me I wouldn't pay for future additions to the game as a sub.

In WoW, if you want to change your race, the cost is 25.00 and you do not get to preview what you will look like before hand. In TOR you can change your race for 1000 CC or 10.00 (same thing) 15.00 less than WoW and you do not get to preview it in game you just pay for it and like it.

In WoW if you want to change your name, the character recustomize is 15.00 but you can change your name with that.

yes the barber shop is free but most of the things in TOR that we pay for for changing does cost extra in WoW plus the sub fee. So None of your arguments are valid except the cost of changing your hair and the color of you hair. That is the only thing we should not have to pay cash for or CC for. So please do your research before you start crying over everything the Devs do in the game, get over it and enjoy the game and be glad it is out there to play. if you don;t wanna pay for the items go back to WoW and pay even more when you get tired of being a Gnome and you want to be a Blood Elf, it's only 25.00, and then another 30.00 to change faction, and then on top of that the sub fee of 15.00 so you just spent 65.00 right there.

For 14.99 dollars I get full access in wow.

Bravo.

WoW has become the accepted standard by the majority. Either accept it or move on. As I have said in other posts quit being a leech and expecting people to give you stuff. Profit is not evil

You get full access for $14.99 here. Subs still have to pay for services. Quit acting like they are forcing you to pay them

I didn't get full access to changing my toons looks or the NEW Cathar race...or a selection of dyes....should I go on

There needn't be any at all, but the information is probably of more use to people who don't play WoW because they simply have not encountered the pricing structure there or elsewhere. OP's point, I surmise, is that when you compare the pricing polices of SWTOR to other MMORPGs of similar scope, SWTOR stands up pretty well. I have no idea where on the scale SWTOR is. It may be mid-range. It may be cheaper than average. Perhaps others who have encountered cheaper games can chime in.

The problem is that WoW has never introduced a new race and made you pay cash to be it. WoW never charged cash for appearance changes. WoW doesn't sell the best looking items for cash while making their raid sets look dull and unfinished.

Just because other games do something doesn't make it any more right.

I think the problem comes from that one line of Jeff Hickman promising that subscribers get full access without paying extra. Until today, I wasn't aware of this.

Technically, subs do get "full access" because of the CC stipend... Just that you need to save up months before you can buy something substantial in the CM.

So ironically, he was playing you all like a politician. And the players are whinging about it, even though they don't seem to know that Hickman's statement still applies technically just not in spirit. Though someone more familiar with Law might come and correct me on this.

I think the problem comes from that one line of Jeff Hickman promising that subscribers get full access without paying extra. Until today, I wasn't aware of this.

Technically, subs do get "full access" because of the CC stipend... Just that you need to save up months before you can buy something substantial in the CM.

So ironically, he was playing you all like a politician. And the players are whinging about it, even though they don't seem to know that Hickman's statement still applies technically just not in spirit. Though someone more familiar with Law might come and correct me on this.

well technically he did say " which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge" i dont see much unlimited in here though.

WoW has become the accepted standard by the majority. Either accept it or move on. As I have said in other posts quit being a leech and expecting people to give you stuff. Profit is not evil

This is not WoW.

The Avatar Blu-ray still sells for near full price, the Waterworld one doesn't. When you are successful, you can charge whatever you want, when you're not, you can't.

if the WOW version of Jeff Hickman - executive producer said WOW subscribers would have total access, to all future new content and updates and then turned around and charged for the content they're already subscribing to, then I would hope the WOW subscribers would be a bit upset.. but then many of the SWTOR subscribers see no problem with paying extra for things they were told they'd not have to pay extra for.

The problem is that WoW has never introduced a new race and made you pay cash to be it. WoW never charged cash for appearance changes. WoW doesn't sell the best looking items for cash while making their raid sets look dull and unfinished.

Just because other games do something doesn't make it any more right.

Actually that is incorrect. New races have only been added in WoW as part of an expansion pack, which you had to buy in order to unlock the race. If you want to re-customize your overall look in WoW you have to pay cash for it.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/appearance-change-faq#1 It's $15

It's only the barber shop that you don't.

I don't like the nickel and dime tactics going on here either but have to look at the facts. Races and customization I'm ok with paying for, but not to just change my hairstyle or change some makeup, tattoos. Those should only cost in game credits.

Edited by Avatarless

People have it easy here. 20-40 CC to change your hair color style...come on, how hard up for cash you have to be to pay that. If money is that much of an issue for people, then maybe less playing and more working at that real life job you have.

I'm already paying $15 a month for the game. Now I have to pay money to change my hairstyle in a game that shows my face in every conversation? That's asinine.

Actually that is incorrect. New races have only been added in WoW as part of an expansion pack, which you had to buy in order to unlock the race. If you want to re-customize your overall look in WoW you have to pay cash for it.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/appearance-change-faq#1 It's $15

It's only the barber shop that you don't.

I don't like the nickel and dime tactics going on here either but have to look at the facts. Races and customization I'm ok with paying for, but not to just change my hairstyle or change some makeup, tattoos. Those should only cost in game credits.

You're the smartest person I've seen on these forums. I'm 100% serious when I say that.