My thoughts (adult)

Odinswill

Aloha fellow forum readers,

Well, I took the afternoon off, and tomorrow off. I now realise that theres no need as I pre-ordered November.

I have assisted in many launches of MMORPG's. This has got to be the most unpleasant experience upto now.

I mean, in the stress test, in beta, this should of all been "tested", this should NOT be happenning now, unless all progression is erased on the 20th. Why? Simple. It's simply not fair that anyone who has purchased the game for pre-release starts earliar/later than another. We all have payed to be the start of something, we all start on equal terms, that is one of the top reasons people like starts of new games.

There is absolutly no reason for the editors to be doing this strategy on top of the fact of keeping us in the dark. All tests have been done, no valide reason.

I simply do not understand the reasons of acting this way, towards fellow suscribers. If they had explainned this with only 5% of the thought that was put into their "conditions of acceptations" (them agreements we all tick to suscribe) then I honestly couldn't give a rats behind. But no they explainned nothing. The fact that they change things, the fact that they do things without a care in the world may just be a preview of how they will be all the time. I honestly hope not as it will drive this potential fairly descent game in a thick brick wall.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of human beings that have organised their week for this game. If these people where taken for gullable fools for other matters in the world, such as things that where modified last minute, for paying customers for any product that adults buy, I can assure you, alot of lawyers would be taking these game editors and their compagnies to court.

All though they have protected themselves through all their wall fo text we all click "I agree" too, it all means nothing in the eyes of the law. As this enters the "scam" area. Nothing applys to their "conditions".

All though this is just a game, it is still a scam for changing things without notifieing paying customers is simply against any ethic, any code of conduct for retailers. No matter what rights they think they have, this is completely wrong.

I strongly suggest that they start openning up to simply explain themselves for the reason they are doing these "waves", when the beta stress test has already occured. Why are they being so quite about things, simply let us know what is going on with our own pre-order dates.

P.S sorry for any errors in this wall of text, I am not from England.

Edited by Odinswill

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All though this is just a game, it is still a scam for changing things without notifieing paying customers is simply against any ethic, any code of conduct for retailers. No matter what rights they think they have, this is completely wrong.

No one's a paying customer yet.

It does indeed stink for the people that took time off. The lack of communication is mostly to blame. Ultimately though, it was just a bad way to launch an MMO. Those who think it is lame or dont understand the complaints really are unquestionably egocentric and unwilling to view the situation from others perspectives.

I feel for you wasting your vacation time. Hope you find a way to make the best of it.

Well, the truth is that this was announced already last week, so I do not know why people got days off from work when it was already announced how it was going to work.

I mean, you read enough to know it was starting today, but missed the information that it was staggered according to the date of entering the pre order code here?

I suppose it can happen but really they already explained this last thursday I think it was. ...I entered my pre order code in August and didn't expect to get in today....I just checked the sticky posts last week.

Eh Bioware messed up things. They were rude by letting some people play before others and they say this whole first come first serve crap and really this is a MMORPG there is dozen's of reasons why someone could or couldn't get their pre-order key's in early. They will not even listen to you and do an investigation if you have proof you bought it early.

Clearly for a customer paying $150 + Tax + was planning to buy 6 months who knows were nothing but crap to them I guess.

I been through a lot of lunches over the years and this will be the worst one. Because they did not launch period they failed to launch they cheated their launch and that is how it goes.

Aloha fellow forum readers,

Well, I took the afternoon off, and tomorrow off. I now realise that theres no need as I pre-ordered November.

Big letdown on the title.

Can I just say, I didn't read past your first sentance. The reason? You pre-ordered in November.

What in the world led you to believe you'd be in on the first two days of early access when literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people pre-ordered in July/August/September? I pre-ordered late Oct and even I didn't hope to recieve more than 2-3 days EGA... :rolleyes:

They announced it would be staggered a long time ago.....

They only gave out 2 extra days not to long ago.... why did you take days off...

So as an adult, you pre-ordered in November, and expected to get in 1st day? And now you're upset? That's YOUR fault and I hope your boss sees this thread, recognizes you and fires your ***

Oddly enough even though i preordered i took time off around the 20th. You know when the game launches.

If only there had been some way to know that you might not get right in during the early access. If only there had been a post or something stating that they had no idea when a specific date or how quickly they would let people in. It could have made planning time off so much easier...

oh wait...

Sorry but my recite says i paid €5,- for "Early Access" and a "Color Stone", last time i checked that made me a paying customer aside from paying €49,99 for the game itself.

No, you paid 5 to reserve a game, your reservation included early access that could be UP TO 5 days, and a color stone... The game has not launched, you have no subscription with EA/Bioware at this moment.

Well, the truth is that this was announced already last week, so I do not know why people got days off from work when it was already announced how it was going to work.

I mean, you read enough to know it was starting today, but missed the information that it was staggered according to the date of entering the pre order code here?

I suppose it can happen but really they already explained this last thursday I think it was. ...I entered my pre order code in August and didn't expect to get in today....I just checked the sticky posts last week.

I get that mate, I really do, but they never explainned at what rate. I mean theres a difference between waiting 1 hour or upto 3-5 days.

The head start for the ones on day 1 is huge, and was notified no where it was going to be that big. In other words the editors are favorising early payers, which is also mentionned no where. They simply cannot change things like that, without taking into a fact that there are close to 1million buyers. It's just plain wrong.

They should of simply waited the 15th liek announced and have queues, mroe servers whatever, the tests, beta stress was all done. They know exactly what they can/cannot handle. Sorry I cannot approuve this.