Is this the most negative reaction to a patch thus far in SWTOR's brief history?

Machine-Elf

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They've already mentioned several things coming in the next patch. I think they should focus on actual issues and let the nerd rage be. People who are angry will angry no matter what. While I've seen some legit concerns on this forum (in particular) mostly it's pure butt hurt because people can't save CC to save their lives :p

I haven't really been around long enough to know, but I imagine it was worse when the game went F2P. (Although I guess that wasn't technically a patch.)

As for a preview of 2.2 ... well, call me jaded, but somehow I'm expecting a few bug fixes (which would be great) and a feature nobody asked for, ever. :p I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Edit:

They've already mentioned several things coming in the next patch.

I must have missed that. What did they mention? :)

Edited by Lung_Tien_Lien

It's not much going on at the moment. These days threads don't even exceed 100 pages. So no it is notthat much of a negative reaction. (It is but the amount of people complaining is way smaller)

But this is the first time since f2p and cartel packs that the community reacts so harsh. It was peacefull for a quiet long time now. At the beginning there was every day a new *****torm about something.

People were raging pretty hard about the expansion, but yeah, the vitriol surrounding 2.1 seems to be off the charts. People do not like to feel like they are being forcibly separated from their money (they are wrong to feel this way, but they feel it none the less)

People were raging pretty hard about the expansion, but yeah, the vitriol surrounding 2.1 seems to be off the charts. People do not like to feel like they are being forcibly separated from their money (they are wrong to feel this way, but they feel it none the less)

Can you explain why they are wrong.

It is without doubt the most negative reaction so far, but it seems to me, that any succeeding patch will get more fire than the previous. If the forums show one thing for sure, it is that people complain about everything.

In my personal opinion, this most negative reaction is also the most unreasonable, with many complaints being grossly overexaggerated, but that too is a growing trend on the forums from patch to patch.

I am pretty sure, if the next patch will bring us 2 new flashpoints for lvl 55 and a new op for 55 with 10 bosses, there will still be massive complaining. In this example case it would obviously come from the pvp-crowd.

To answer the question, IMO.. no it's not.

Were you around when servers were merged?

How about when F2P was announced?

How about when F2P went live?

How about patch 1.1?

I could go on and on.. but in reality.. this tempest in a teapot reaction will be old news in a week. The crowd will move on to it's next meme driven complaint. A month from now, I will probably have to remind you about this one, when you are asking about the next one. :)

To answer the question, IMO.. no it's not.

Were you around when servers were merged?

How about when F2P was announced?

How about when F2P went live?

How about patch 1.1?

I could go on and on.. but in reality.. this tempest in a teapot reaction will be old news in a week. The crowd will move on to it's next meme driven complaint. A month from now, I will probably have to remind you about this one, when you are asking about the next one. :)

I've been around since 1.1.

The only time in which the forum negativity was comparable was immediately following f2p announcement.

Wow, we DEFINITELY needed another thread on this.

But I'm sure you're right. I'm sure that all the people standing around the image redesign kiosks absolutely hate that thing. As do all the people who've dyed their armor already. And all those kriffing ugly Cathar? HATE IT.

There's like 7 people complaining about this patch and all those complaints boil down to them not having the foresight or discipline to manage their cartel coins and not having the desire to buck up and wait a couple months to correct that mistake.

Yeah, horrible patch. :rolleyes:

people tend to complain when they feel that they are being mishandle or great injustice is being served. now i can list a number of things from history books where that people have complained about something and their complaints were absolutely valid.

besides trolls, no one complains for the sake of complaining

people tend to complain when they feel that they are being mishandle or great injustice is being served. now i can list a number of things from history books where that people have complained about something and their complaints were absolutely valid.

besides trolls, no one complains for the sake of complaining

Yeah, but just because they complain doesn't make the complaints valid. There are people who are in the vast majority that complain they're being "persecuted". And they actually believe that garbage.

Same goes here. Ooh evil EAWare! Doing us dirty for charging us a few cartel coins for appearance items, just like they said they would, even after they give us a bunch with our subs, solely because we have yet to learn impulse control.

Yeah, but just because they complain doesn't make the complaints valid. There are people who are in the vast majority that complain they're being "persecuted". And they actually believe that garbage.

Same goes here. Ooh evil EAWare! Doing us dirty for charging us a few cartel coins for appearance items, just like they said they would, even after they give us a bunch with our subs, solely because we have yet to learn impulse control.

true, there will always be those who think big towering entities are persecuting when in fact, it isnt the case.(e.g.the government, or in this case, a VIDEO GAME COMPANY :confused:. im sorry for the caps on that part,it always amuse me that people think that a video game company is the worst thing in this world, but im going off track there. ); with that said though, i think the reason why they think this way is because due to the more cash content we have been getting e.g. rothc, lvl 51 - 55 content being lock behind rothc, the customization system being CM and etc. they are perhap think that this is a starting trends of more cash items than sub items/perks/ etc.

They've already mentioned several things coming in the next patch. I think they should focus on actual issues and let the nerd rage be. People who are angry will angry no matter what. While I've seen some legit concerns on this forum (in particular) mostly it's pure butt hurt because people can't save CC to save their lives :p

Agreed!

true, there will always be those who think big towering entities are persecuting when in fact, it isnt the case.(e.g.the government, or in this case, a VIDEO GAME COMPANY :confused:. im sorry for the caps on that part,it always amuse me that people think that a video game company is the worst thing in this world, but im going off track there. ); with that said though, i think the reason why they think this way is because due to the more cash content we have been getting e.g. rothc, lvl 51 - 55 content being lock behind rothc, the customization system being CM and etc. they are perhap think that this is a starting trends of more cash items than sub items/perks/ etc.

I don't think I've ever played an MMO that offered a level increase that wasn't part of a for-fee expansion pack. They may exist, but I've played plenty of MMOs.

If people mis-set their own expectations, even after the developers of this game communicate clearly what they should expect, that's not EAWare's fault.

The only time in which the forum negativity was comparable was immediately following f2p announcement.

Negativity would depend on the posts you are reading, most I read are telling people to stop moaning about fluff!

Really?

What about the rage over server merges and their impact on character names.... two different times??

What about the mass melt down when 1.1 did not have what short attention span players wanted?

Can you explain why they are wrong.

Because no one is forcing them to do anything, but the way people complain about it, it is as if they are forced to spend money to play the game which is simply not true. All the things in the game that cost RL money are optional and cosmetic. So, they are wrong to feel that they are being unfairly separated from their money. They complain as if they have no choice in the matter when they do.

Wow, we DEFINITELY needed another thread on this.

But I'm sure you're right. I'm sure that all the people standing around the image redesign kiosks absolutely hate that thing. As do all the people who've dyed their armor already. And all those kriffing ugly Cathar? HATE IT.

There's like 7 people complaining about this patch and all those complaints boil down to them not having the foresight or discipline to manage their cartel coins and not having the desire to buck up and wait a couple months to correct that mistake.

Yeah, horrible patch. :rolleyes:

Quoted, just because it deserves a bump for clarity of observation. :)

Really?

What about the rage over server merges and their impact on character names.... two different times??

What about the mass melt down when 1.1 did not have what short attention span players wanted?

I forget 1.1. What was I arguing with you about back then?