How are you guys ok with these nerfs? I'm pretty upset.

Individual

90% of the VG/PT aren't happy. Of those, 80% left the class. 10% stayed and are unhappy. Leaving 10% who didn't notice or care about the nerfs and continue to play the class as well. If anyone wants to quibble with those percentages, feel free. But overall that's the picture. A large exodus from the class. Some die hard adherents remaining.

lol so true. And, no one is happy with the nerfs. That's why you have whats above.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i´m quite ok with the changes

currently in a zerg bg i´m always just little behind those smashers, to have huge numbers in the summary you just have to use death from above, flamethrower & flame sea( is that the right translation? :p ) efficiently

recently when some smashers do like 1mil dmg i do like 900k...if you go after numbers in the summary....i don't give much about those numbers as the only thing that really counts is if a enemy dies....all those high dmg numbers in the summary mostly represent dmg that is gone out of the window as a HOT just heals them away in 1-2 ticks....and depends on luck if you get to AE a group of enemies or not...

my singletarget dmg is still massive and singletarget damage is what is essential to me

burst just isn't coming just as fast as before...with thermal burning the target after the explosion right now

but those rockets coming in from your shoulder compensate for that loss i think,,,,

even tho i think the dot damage needs to be raised again...

Edited by Herbzta

i said in a spec that takes more then a monkey to play... which means everything but rage... its funny how you are not capable of picking up on that.

anyone can play rage and pretend they know what they are doing.

I'm sorry i'm not crying a river saying this class is not worthless... but then again i'm not some crap player who need a crutch to lean on which is what pyro was for so many of you terrible players. Pyro is not some faceroll easy high burst spec that took not skill to play like rage juggs are now.. deal with it or quit the game and go back tow ow with the rest of the cry babies.

AP is the best PT spec right now, just because you are not good enough to play it doesn't make it useless, it simply makes you a useless player.

AP is behind the Hybrid in ops. And yes i had played AP for half a year. I had played all specs that were viable and some that were not. Playing vanguard/PT since the pre- release so i had some time to test this and that.

And the sheer fact that you state that AP is the best simply describes it all. It is good, agree, but not the best in terms of DPS period.

See? I told you there were 10% that didn't notice or care about the nerfs. LOL....

well i definately noticed it coz before 2.0 i mostly was on top of the scoreboard, nowadays the smashers are on top...

someone has to mow the lawn & i remove those healers^^

Except PTS burst was nerfed out the gates. I am pretty sure we saw the rail shot nerf and I KNOW TD was nerfed from the start. Then they went and nerfed CGC AFTER that stupid Hybrid spec was pulling really high DPS. So, no I am almost certain they hit us with the worst two of the nerfs from the beginning of the PTS.

Unless of course this was sarcasm... in which case, you must be stoned if you think we were MORE bursty on the PTS than any other class, and again I will say that we have nothing else to contribute to a group like most other classes do... or if we do, other classes do it better. The major thing we had going for us was the burst... then along came 2.0 and EVERYONE had high burst, but they thought we needed to be toned down? Makes plenty of sense...

The problem is the hybrid dps still does more dps then full tree ...

Sorry yes a mistake in hybrid dps is deadly cause of heat management .

And now frankly quite unforgiving , but still pulls out more dps then full spec .

So it means they failed to understand the class completly , where people to be competitive are forced into hybrid .

Cause top end of the tree are not providing enough punch ... To invalidate hybrid designs .

Play More AP mate. The statement that "u can't do 7k with your marauder " explains everything.

You go from one subject to another and instead of an intelligent conversation you just troll.

If I want to DPS, I'm not playing AP, there is no reason for it. If I want to tank, I'll go tank spec, and if I want to DPS, I'll simply play a different class because DPS on a PT is worthless now. The amount of upfront damage we'll be taking doesn't make it worth playing anymore.

If I want to DPS, I'm not playing AP, there is no reason for it. If I want to tank, I'll go tank spec, and if I want to DPS, I'll simply play a different class because DPS on a PT is worthless now. The amount of upfront damage we'll be taking doesn't make it worth playing anymore.

funny cause the top DPS for 16M HM S&V is being done by AP outside of Europe, i guess its terrible though being that i do more then anyone else this side of the pond.

Congratulations on your records, but your build is not the only viable one. 16 HM TFB's pyrotech records tell a different story.

Here are the top US records for 16M HM Terror from Beyond.

Writhing Horror: Pyrotech, -TD

Ciphas and Pals: Pyrotech, -TD (Bonus: Rank 2 is me, using 8/22/16 AP hybrid)

Operator IX: 8/22/16 AP Hybrid (Me)

Kephess: 8/22/16 AP Hybrid (Me again)

Terror From Beyond: 8/22/16 AP Hybrid (Me yet again, and the log that will be posted tonight beats it by about 300 DPS lol)

Most of us here acknowledge the class needs help, but spreading misinformation about the viability of either full pyrotech or the AP hybrid is not solving anything. Your arrogant, dismissive attitude is not helpful, and in fact, you are objectively wrong on the majority of things you post concerning the exclusive viability of full AP. Get over yourself and post constructively. You're not doing anyone any good by being so abrasive constantly in multiple threads.

That said, I do appreciate you championing AP, as it's clearly a good spec to play, and is under-represented. The problem though is that your AP blinders make you as dismissive and ill-informed as the AP haters (of which there are very few, thankfully).

Edited by Metinsith

First of all, who is the name of the PT you're referring to? Second. this is 16 h/m? Looking at all the 16 man h/m S&V, there isn't one PT that's ranked 1st in any boss fight. In fact, most PTs are like 600-800 behind the top DPS. That's a pretty large gap. The question still remains, why bring one over some of these other classes?

Edited by Individual

funny cause the top DPS for 16M HM S&V is being done by AP outside of Europe, i guess its terrible though being that i do more then anyone else this side of the pond.

Then what spec are the PT's from Europe using, or what are they doing different, because they all seem have have you beat by 100-700 dps pending on the fight in 16M HM S&V?

First of all, who is the name of the PT you're referring to? Second. this is 16 h/m? Looking at all the 16 man h/m S&V, there isn't one PT that's ranked 1st in any boss fight. In fact, most PTs are like 600-800 behind the top DPS. That's a pretty large gap. The question still remains, why bring one over some of these other classes?

Sort by powertech only.

As for your last question, aside from attendance issues, seniority, and other "people issues," given equal skill and gear level, there's perhaps not a good answer.

Edited by Metinsith

Then what spec are the PT's from Europe using, or what are they doing different, because they all seem have have you beat by 100-700 dps pending on the fight in 16M HM S&V?

nearly all of the ones beating me in europe on those fights were exploiting the double relic bug that was fixed. that is how they managed to get that much more DPS. and the ones that were not exploiting the bug prolly flat have better gear then me i am not in BiS gear however i am still according to torparse the highest DPS powertech to go into S&V hard mode in the US.

Edited by Hizoka

all i see in this post is QQ instead of trying to get better... i know for a fact there are people in this post WAY behind other powertechs... instead fo QQing your class is nerfed why not ask the powertechs that do far more damage then you what you are doing wrong.

That's right because no one else here obviously knows how to play their PTs other than you right? Maybe you shouldn't assume either that people complaining don't know how to play their PTs. Sorry, but the DPS PT is not in a good spot right now. Our toons were originally a hybrid class that was both melee and range. We got turned into a melee class, and now all we do no is what I refer to as "fluff" damage. We have no burst what so ever compared to the other "melee" classes. People may still do well in warzones, but it's only because they dot everything they see then focus on a person after they have like 4-5 dots out. It's dumb. Furthermore, go look at TORporase and see how much the other classes are parsing compared to the PTs. It's pretty obvious when the other classes are out damaging the PTs by around 400-600. Show me a parse on S&V HM where a PT is within 250-300 of the top parse. Not going to happen.

Edited by Individual

That's right because no one else here obviously knows how to play their PTs other than you right? Maybe you shouldn't assume either that people complaining don't know how to play their PTs. Sorry, but the DPS PT is not in a good spot right now. Our toons were originally a hybrid class that was both melee and range. We got turned into a melee class, and now all we do no is what I refer to as "fluff" damage. We have no burst what so ever compared to the other "melee" classes. People may still do well in warzones, but it's only because they dot everything they see then focus on a person after they have like 4-5 dots out. It's dumb. Furthermore, go look at TORporase and see how much the other classes are parsing compared to the PTs. It's pretty obvious when the other classes are out damaging the PTs by around 400-600. Show me a parse on S&V HM where a PT is within 250-300 of the top parse. Not going to happen.

http://www.torparse.com/a/241467/7

This fight you're linking looks like The Writhing Horror? Am I reading that wrong? The DPS was 2824.77 on that fight while number 1 spot at the time of looking up TFM 8M/HM was 3427.26. The record holder does over 500 more DPS than the PT. Even if you took 2nd place, you're still 342 below DPS. "If you ain't first, you're last!!"

This fight you're linking looks like The Writhing Horror? Am I reading that wrong? The DPS was 2824.77 on that fight while number 1 spot at the time of looking up TFM 8M/HM was 3427.26. The record holder does over 500 more DPS than the PT. Even if you took 2nd place, you're still 342 below DPS. "If you ain't first, you're last!!"

Before or after the relic fix? o_o

Also from what I see the highest parse for Powertechs on the Titan 6 is 2914.12, while the highest for Marauder is 3183.47. That equals a 269.35 DPS difference on that particular boss. Looking through the other encounters, powertechs have little to no presence outside of Trublood from the EU server.

Edited by Ovan_Oh-One

Before or after the relic fix? o_o

Also from what I see the highest parse for Powertechs on the Titan 6 is 2914.12, while the highest for Marauder is 3183.47. That equals a 269.35 DPS difference on that particular boss. Looking through the other encounters, powertechs have little to no presence outside of Trublood from the EU server.

not true at all i hold high spots on most all the fights. and i hold the top spot int he US and many world top spots for powertechs overall.

People abused an exploit with snipers and marauders that will throw off parses for a good long while. On top of that snipers and marauders are pure DPS they can do a higher potential damage then all other classes because they only do DPS according to the devs.

Instead of constantly complaining that powertechs are bad DPS (which has been proven false by multiple posts and people) either re-roll are LEARN TO PLAY.

Hell i just put up the number 17 overall best DPS on operator 9 last night on a powertech. do not tell me powertechs are worthless DPS. There are no worthless classes in this game, just worthless player who blame a class for the fact they suck at the game.

Edited by Hizoka

Good job making that pond small enough you're the biggest fish in it :rolleyes:

not everyone exploits stuff like you man... i know your parses were using the 5 tick orbital and the double relic exploit.

no point in topping meters if you have to cheat to do it.

not everyone exploits stuff like you man... i know your parses were using the 5 tick orbital and the double relic exploit.

no point in topping meters if you have to cheat to do it.

Nice try, but no. Clearly you're just taking shots in the dark and didn't actually bother to, you know, check my parses. And of course I don't mean you should compare powertechs and snipers, I mean powertechs vs vanguards. I get limiting what you look at to 16m, and even to some extent only looking at US (foreign language parses are difficult to read, although numbers are numbers), but excluding your mirror class? That seems weak.

If you really want to look at what specs are the best, or the balance between specs, you should look at all the parses you can, not just some slice.

edit: this is about specs that aren't AP being broken, not about powertechs being broken. I agree that powertechs in the hand of a skilled player can succeed, and I think that AP, pyro, and the hybrid can all compete in raids given sufficient skill. It isn't "play AP or reroll" :)

Edited by namesaretough

Instead of constantly complaining that powertechs are bad DPS (which has been proven false by multiple posts and people) either re-roll are LEARN TO PLAY.

Hell i just put up the number 17 overall best DPS on operator 9 last night on a powertech. do not tell me powertechs are worthless DPS. There are no worthless classes in this game, just worthless player who blame a class for the fact they suck at the game.

Maybe you can help me out, but I don't do PVE.

In PVP, AP spec just doesn't put out the numbers to take down a good healer, even with HELP. Much of the damage depends on the PFT channeled ability. 90% of the time, the healer just rolls out of it, vanishes, pushes you away, or bubbles as soon as I start. AP has great survivability and I love it for the mobility, but most most fights hinge on melting a healer. How do you put out the numbers in PVP with this spec? Most AP attacks don't even hit 5K. It's healed fast and delivered too slow.

Pyro melts faces with 6.5-7K rails back to back with the fully augmented min maxed eliminator set with conqueror mods. The survivability is frustratingly low. Stun means death. Sitting still means death. Getting hit by channeled lightning without interrupting it is death. AOE damage is death. Roots and snares mean death. It's a perpetual ride on the merry go round to the med center and back, but damn does it put out the numbers. I hit 400K and 20 kills as the NODE GUARD yesterday in hyper gate, and I never left my post except when I was killed, and yes there were many deaths.

Playing this spec is an exercise in frustration though, and when I complain about the nerf, it isn't a pointless whine. Pyro lost rebounder, which made it stable and survivable. What did we get? The stupid kolto overload CD. No more redoubt proc, no more shields ready most of the time, less armor pen on rail, and a CGC nerf. While it hasn't affected you when fighting a stationary 100,000 HP PVE meat lump, it sucks for PVP .