Eric Musco - Can you confirm/deny (Paid Transfers)

Pistols

Lot of players, particularly the Ranked PvP types across a few servers, are making some plans in regards to Paid transfers. While we did see the link that was posted by Islander here, was hoping for more of a formal response from a Community Service member. We would hate to be making plans or jumping the gun persay, but the PvP community (as I'm sure others as well) are certainly wondering how this may or may not work. Any chance you might be able to fill us in whether this is legit or not...and if so...provide a bit of details?

If you're unable to provide any details, a confirm/deny would be most helpful as well.

Thank you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why transfers? They should do character copy :)

Kneejerk reaction is to say "that's crazy", but I honestly see no downside to it. Hmm... Oh, wait- If you can copy the char more than once to the same server, you've just doubled your worth. Given the fact that you can now rename chars at will, how would they track the multiple copies? I expect there is some form of internal id for that... But I would also expect it to be unique and therefore different between multiple servers. I think it would take a miracle of programming genius (uh, no, not from these guys) to make that unexploitable.

I would love an answer to this question.

If this question is answered, could you please add a confirmation about cross server pvp. I would hate to spend the money to transfer servers for more competitive pvp only to find out that a few months down the line we will see cross server Season 1 (btw I would not hate to see it, this would be the best case).

But I would feel duped if I spent money to transfer only to find out x-server is in the works.

Cheers,

Hobi

Jedi Covenant

Perhaps it would help to point out that there is zero chance of me ever spending any more cartel coins on the servers which I want to **** of.

...and **** is censored? Really? Your spell check doesn't even recognize in-universe proper nouns and **** is censored?

Edited by DarthSpooky

i will go out on a limb and guess it will cost a billion cartel coins to transfer servers. then once the toon is on the new server it will cost another billion cartel coins in order to "unlock" the newly transferred toon so it can be logged in and played.

additional coins will likely be needed in order to change the name since you're name is already likely owned on the new destination server so you'll have to choose a new one.

your legacy perks and unlockables probably won't carry over to the new, destination server either so you'll have to re cartel coin unlock that swell ship mailbox or training dummy all over again, and re cartel coin unlock your HK droid, and your improved WZ xp too.

Kneejerk reaction is to say "that's crazy", but I honestly see no downside to it. Hmm... Oh, wait- If you can copy the char more than once to the same server, you've just doubled your worth. Given the fact that you can now rename chars at will, how would they track the multiple copies? I expect there is some form of internal id for that... But I would also expect it to be unique and therefore different between multiple servers. I think it would take a miracle of programming genius (uh, no, not from these guys) to make that unexploitable.

Make it copy-able cross-server only :)

And more expensive than just transfer.

There was a interview recently where they said transfers were slated for 2.1 but they ran into some legacy bugs, but they should be right around the corner.

... did you read the OP? Cause the article you are talking about is linked in it, we're just looking for confirmation in a more official location.