What are subs spending their Cartel coins on?

JimG

There seem to be some people who think it's a great travesty that subs have to pay for any cosmetic feature in this game. Leaving aside the fact that there probably wouldn't be a game to even play without the revenue from the Cartel Market, I'm curious what happened to the monthly Cartel Coin grants for these subs who are so anti-Cartel Market?

I counted up my free Cartel Coins just to see how many I would have accumulated if I hadn't spent them. The total is 6,800 coins: 2000 coins when F2P launched (1750 from past subbing, 250 from one-time F2P launch reward); 3,600 coins from monthly sub grant (600 per month for 6 month sub); 600 coins from security key monthly grants; and 600 coins from the achievement system. I realize some people's totals would vary if they haven't played the game as long, have a shorter sub period, don't use the physical key, haven't hit the achievements which grant coins, etc. However, let's just assume someone has even half of those coins....heck, even less than half - 3,000. How can people not afford an account-wide Cathar unlock (600 coins), or a hairstyle change or a few armor dye modules? If the Cathar unlock is 600 coins, can't see a character change or two or a dye module costing that much in comparison.

So for the anti-Cartel Market subs, where did you all your coins go? How can you not afford 1,000 or 2,000 coins from the free coins given out to subs? Did you blow them all on packs?

I'd actually like to be able to buy mroe but can't because of the error with pre-paid credit cards

What does it matter what people spent their coins on? Are you going to use what I spent mine on as a justification to charge me to change my hair color? If so, that's foolish. I'm mostly fine with the Cartel Market as it is - customization is a different beast though. Player/toon customization is a game within the game and should not have been something they charged RL $ for imo.

This.

The implication that we should not have been spending CC subscriber allocations because we were supposed to wait on some mystery offerings that would be coming out 6-7 months after the F2P conversion is.....laughable.

I will admit I have spent quite a bit of coins on my main and my alts. The exact number of coins I will not say nor will I say how much real money I have spent. But I will say that I have bought mostly packs, account wide cargo slots, a set of Valiant Jedi armor for my Guardian, a set of Eradicator armor for my Assassin, account wide rocket boots and finally the occasional major experience boost for an alt. Now even though i don't mind saying what I spent my coins on why does it actually matter?