Make smash single target - the problem is solved

dejavy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your damn problem? Roll a MM sniper with siege bunkered entrench, you got at least 60% DR from AoE, + probably some 30% DR from ballistic dampers, and armor DR as well. Smash is a complete joke for us. I can handle alone 2 smashers without much effort. Edited by NoTomorrow

Whats your damn problem? Roll a MM sniper with siege bunkered entrench, you got at least 60% DR from AoE, + probably some 30% DR from ballistic dampers, and armor DR as well. Smash is a complete joke for us. I can handle alone 2 smashers without much effort.

What about 5 at one time, can you kill them ?? :D

Learn to counter smash, or be bad.

Pro tip: In your premade/group spread out so aoe don't affect all of you, hard focus switch to smasher, stun/root/knockback, dead smasher.

Rinse and repeat.

If there is more than more one smasher?

Taunt damage, hard focus switch, rinse and repeat.

This pro message and been brought to you by Caeliux The Truth Teller.

All proceeds go to noobs that need to learn to play dealing with good players.

/fin

Pro tip: It should not take extraordinary efforts in comparison to other classes to counter smash monkies. If you had to do that for everyone then we might not have an issue. Since you can but are not REQUIRED to do that for everyone but this one spec that points to a glaring problem.

I have learned to live with it because this has been going on for over a year and I see no end in site with Biofail's poor logic. I won't weep to see it go though just as no one weeped when far less powerful and problematic abilities on sorcerers kept getting nerfed. But again I'm not holding out on Biofail's ability to use common sense; if they had common sense they would undue all the sorcerer survivability nerfs. Not holding my breath though.

In this thread: Bads complaining about Smash!
It is hilarious to see you responding to every smash thread. Afraid your noob-friendly spec is going to be changed and would require more than 3 buttons to play? No other spec in the entire game promotes putting in minimal effort to see big numbers, which caters to the moronic mentality of most warriors/knights out there.

"HURRR DUURRR IM INVICNIBLEE LIEK DARTH VAEIDAR AHAR HARA HAR! IM DUIN BIG NUMBAHS IN VOIDSTAR"

If someone needs to point out what is wrong with smash, you have no right to even pretend to know why it is not out of whack in comparison to other specs. Too easy to use, hits too hard, hits multiple enemies. You have to be a blustering bafoon to deny it.

Also in this thread: RP'rs talking about pvp. This is getting good. Does your master know your posting in this thread?

I am not a RP'r, but your comment is just ignorant.

Edited by Metallistic

It is hilarious to see you responding to every smash thread. Afraid your noob-friendly spec is going to be changed and would require more than 3 buttons to play? No other spec in the entire game promotes putting in minimal effort to see big numbers, which caters to the moronic mentality of most warriors/knights out there.

"HURRR DUURRR IM INVICNIBLEE LIEK DARTH VAEIDAR AHAR HARA HAR! IM DUIN BIG NUMBAHS IN VOIDSTAR"

If someone needs to point out what is wrong with smash, you have no right to even pretend to know why it is not out of whack in comparison to other specs. Too easy to use, hits too hard, hits multiple enemies. You have to be a blustering bafoon to deny it.

Jesus Christ..just roll 40/3/3 Sniper MM.

Pro tip: It should not take extraordinary efforts in comparison to other classes to counter smash monkies.

Extraordinary effort?

Dealing with a smash is simple for any organized group, it's up to the players to communicate on hard focus dps switching and countering it with root/snare/knockback.

If you or any team has trouble with that fact then there is a learn to play issue that needs to be worked out, I would suggest doing 4 man premades to practice dealing with a smasher to gain communication skills.

(I am talking about ranked PVP btw, if we are talking about random pugs that solo I don't care what people have to say with that, random pug PVP is playing Vegas and anything goes.)

I have learned to live with it because this has been going on for over a year and I see no end in site with Biofail's poor logic. I won't weep to see it go though just as no one weeped when far less powerful and problematic abilities on sorcerers kept getting nerfed. But again I'm not holding out on Biofail's ability to use common sense; if they had common sense they would undue all the sorcerer survivability nerfs. Not holding my breath though.

Rest of your nonsense smells like excuses for the fact you can't hack smashers in a warzone and want to blame Bioware for your lack of knowledge how to deal with smashers.

I would suggest watching ranked PVP teams that play at a high level and deal with any team comp every day to teach you a set up team comp works well vs smasher teams.

Good ranked teams vs smashers beats them daily, that means it can be countered.

Here is one stream you can learn from. http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies.

There is no excuse for crying about a AOE class that can be countered, the lack of knowing how to deal with it is the problem not the class.

Learn to play kids.

Edited by Caeliux

Jesus Christ..just roll 40/3/3 Sniper MM.
Enough with this dumb argument. I am not going to roll a class to counter a specific spec. And it is not about me - I am a freaking Sentinel myself. Focus on trying to get the point rather than attempting to come off as a wise guy. I am doing just fine in 1v1 situations, but this is IRRELEVANT.

In team fights, smash is absolutely ridiculous and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Grav round hits for over 5000 consistently, and due to the PVE set bonus, crits around 40% of the time. Rage spec literally has smash and force scream, both of which have CDs. Slash's crit chance got nerfed, by 7.5%. Masterstrike's third tick doesn't happen often in PVP. So, rage spec has smash and force scream.

Yes, but that's a SET BONUS. You shouldn't have to PvE to get BiS PvP gear...

And while you're at it, fix bolster

Read my post above, and learn to play.
People who do the generic l2p replies are usually the ones with over-inflated egos and self-proclaimed "pvp experts", which in most cases is the opposite. The funniest thing is that you regurgitate everything that has been said by the average smasher defender.

"hurr durr learn to counter"

This can be said about ANYTHING. Smash spec revolves around getting in, and doing immediate burst. Do not tell me you can counter a leaping class EVERY single time. The dps specs of other classes require both time and effort to successfully pull of a worthwhile rotation, while the derp smashers can do it in an instant. You generalize, overlooking all of the details and you are just drooling all over the place with the pretense of knowing everything about anything. When in reality, you are just like a parrot.

Write another bible-long post, hell post another video in your sig to associate yourself with something you are not. Doesn't change anything. So before you act like a wise guy, try to think of all the scenarios and consider the OTHER classes as a comparison basis.

Read my post above, and learn to play.

Yes, every good team communicates and will focus fire, though Bioware balanced classes around regular warzones, not ranked or regulars with premades.

And do us all a favor... By shutting up. Thanks in advance.

People who do the generic l2p replies are usually the ones with over-inflated egos and self-proclaimed "pvp experts", which in most cases is the opposite. The funniest thing is that you regurgitate everything that has been said by the average smasher defender.

This can be said about ANYTHING. Smash spec revolves around getting in, and doing immediate burst. Do not tell me you can counter a leaping class EVERY single time. The dps specs of other classes require both time and effort to successfully pull of a worthwhile rotation, while the derp smashers can do it in an instant. You generalize, overlooking all of the details and you are just drooling all over the place with the pretense of knowing everything about anything. When in reality, you are just like a parrot.

Write another bible-long post, hell post another video in your sig to associate yourself with something you

are not. Doesn't change anything. So before you act like a wise guy, try to think of all the scenarios and consider the OTHER classes as a comparison basis.

Indeed, and as I have posted, Bioware didn't balance warzones around ranked. You can't counter something that is instant. You can counter a sniper by LoS, but not a smasher, as all their moves in their rotation are instant.

My opinion it should crit the person you have targeted or do full damage to the target and only 30-50% of the damage to anyone around the smasher. Smash is the only AOE with without a 30 second - minute cool down on it; it should have some form of a downside to it imo.

Besides the damage being way to high! One other thing i see pretty unbalanced about the spec is that being able to charge while rooted especially while electro net is active.

if this game were wow and had macros sith warrior and jedi knight would be this

though Bioware balanced classes around regular warzones, not ranked or regulars with premades.

Huh?

I hope you are not that stupid to say something like that.

Write another bible-long post, hell post another video in your sig to associate yourself with something you are not. Doesn't change anything. So before you act like a wise guy, try to think of all the scenarios and consider the OTHER classes as a comparison basis.

You deflecting the truth is funny to me, please feed me more of your tears.

It's simple learn to play vs smash teams or stay bad and cry on the forums because of you're bad PVP play.

I don't care really, my guild beats smash, better find some people that know how to play or deal with smash.

Have fun kids!

Edited by Caeliux

You deflecting the truth is funny to me, please feed me more of your tears.

It's simple learn to play vs smash teams or stay bad and cry on the forums because of you're bad PVP play.

I don't care really, my guild beats smash, better find some people that know how to play or deal with smash.

Have fun kids!

You seem to be the kid. At least judging by your attitude and grammar incompetence.

And again you jump to moronic conclusions due to your incredibly narrow mindset. It is not about not being able to beat something. It is about something being of far greater value in team fights in comparison to other dps specs. Any other spec that can affect pretty much a majority of the team with 1 damaging ability? Also, your statements are hypocritical to the absolute maximum. You speak of ranked matches as if they are notorious for short TTK, when it is the opposite. So this alone counters your stupid claim to begin with.

But go on, be the female dog that you are and continue to bark.

If you can't handle a smasher then you are probably one of thoose bad players ruining the WZs. Fighting off node, not focusing targets, things of that nature. Go back to pve or wow please.

Say that when a smasher leaps to you with electro net on him. And try to to roll on my server, because it's overflowing with smasher, and if you have 4+ smashers against you, the only counter is 4+ snipers. Go figure...

And to, I don't know what I should call you, kid perhaps? There is always a reason people complain. In this case, it's because smash is OP. And I guess you defended ops while they good take you Down in 3-4 gcds?

In short, shut up.

^this.

No, have you ever tried to fight a smasher as a commando or sage? You can facetank smasher because you're the most OP class. The gunslinger. So I really do not think you're in the spot for this.