Is PVP Healing going to be addressed?

Grafikk

PVP is a nightmare of an experience because of this, especially Operative/Scoundrels. Healing output is completely insane vs damage output. Typically, the end score has Healing up ~2:1 over Damage for almost any given players (only AOE damage inflation can even compete). Most damage in warzones is overstated, DOTs and AOEs that didn't kill anyone and got meditated off out of combat. Healing in warzones is UNDERstated on that scoreboard, overhealing isn't even counted. The actual margin that healing outstrips damage is in the ballpark of 3:1, which is completely ridiculous.

Ranged DPS just don't even factor into the equation. The Healer runs, they can often do more healing on the move than you can do damage on the move. If it's an Operative/Scoundrel, forget it, the medpac/probe FAR outheals any ranged dps on the move. It's not even remotely close.

Melee DPS are the only ones capable of even giving chase, and do an okay job of fighting healers. That said, how long do you have to spend chasing someone down? Even if you catch them, some classes just have so much instant-cast healing that your interrupts are useless (again Operative/Scoundrel especially).

If any healer has a tank Guarding them, forget it. You'd need to bring at LEAST in the ballpark of 4 people to be able to get enough interrupts, CC, and damage output to take them down. If you focus the healer, taunts wreck your day. If you focus the tank, the healer free-casts. Not to mention both have their own applicable interrupts/CCs.

All I saw before 2.0 were premades riding Sage/Sorc heals (esp with bubble stun) to cheap wins. All I see now are premades riding Operative/Scoundrel to cheap wins. There is no efficient way to handle them. At least Mercs have to hardcast a fair bit and Sorcs are somewhat squishy and need to hardcast/channel... Operative/Scoundrel spams instant cast heals you can't interrupt, HOTs which are instant proc more instant heals, etc. How do you interrupt when there's nothing to interrupt? How do you focus when they outrange/LOS you and you cannot use most of your dps abilities?

PVP used to be fun in this game, back in the 1.1 and 1.2 days. Healers hadn't scaled to stupidity, and most classes weren't that badly balanced. Now it's gimmicky burst rotation and overpowered healers, leaving the more fun and balanced content in between those things lacking. So many bad changes have been made that I don't know if things can or will ever be fixed.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting to the point where a Sage can just rotate between Salvation/Healing Trance which are both extremely hard to interrupt (fast casting, and different interrupt times for those two spells to optimize) and still not die. For those of you talk about how to deal with it, you're totally missing the point. Obviously someone still has to win the WZ if you have 3 healers on each side. But playing with 3 (and often 2) healers leads to be a very boring game. In Huttball, for example, the game often comes down to who can click on the ball the fastest after it reset because no ball carrier ever dies on either team. Sure, the better team still generally prevails, but it's rather ridiculous when you see both sides just ignore the opposing ball carrier because they know they can't kill them so they might as well head back to mid and hope they clicked on the ball faster next time it reset.

I'm really not enjoying PvP right now because of guarded healers never dying. Without tanks and healers, the TTK is incredibly fast but with them, its super super slow. If things continue like this, bunker setups are going to dominate organized PvP and nobody's going to ever die. Virtually every match ending in a stalemate is not fun. Pre2.0 balance was far from perfect, but at least it was remotely fun. Post2.0 is simply not fun at all.

Healing is pretty OP atm....Having said that without a guard and with a couple of decent players attacking it is certainly not a walk in the park. Applying the right debuff, cc's at the right moment and some healers can be taken down with relative ease. It really depends. There are thankfully a ******** of awful healers about, all of which can be taken advantage of and squished.

Healer+Tank tho..>That's just god mode XD

I'l embrace it while it lasts.

Am I the only one that thinks PVP healing is a bit ridiculous right now?

Let me first state that I know my gear isn't maxed and it does still need some updating (full Partisan, 1 piece of Conq) and this isn't a whine post, simply curious if anyone feels the same as I do.

I've always thought of healing in pvp as a support aspect, not a sole role. Healers in pvp are so efficient they are nearly impossible to bring down without multiple people focusing them. That being said, bring 3 healers, win. That's the new pvp system, it's not about skill imo, it's about how many healers you have.

It's pretty amazing how I can be hitting someone really hard, just to have them go from almost dead to full health. It's incredibly frustrating. Switch to the healer, another healer heals them. Or they pop their Paladin bubble or CC you, run away 1 cast top off. It makes pvp unbearable.

Once I blow my stun or interrupt they have free reign to just out heal any dps. One class should not require a team to take down.

For example, last game I played I did 350k dmg and 5 kills... another game I did 400+k and 0 kills. Something is wrong here... again, my dmg may not the best, but it still doesn't add up.

Before you say anything else. 350k and 400k damage is subpar in warzones. Lol. I average 500k on my 48 guardian. HMMM....are the healers op or are u just not good at dpsing.

Unless it's a pug without a healer, there's so few deaths now that no nodes are being capped. Civil War comes down to which side didn't respond to inc fast enough on their side node. Voidstar no doors are capped and it's coming down to kills. Novare can go on FOREVER, and I've been in matches with 7 million in combined healing. Huttball is largely uneffected and Ancient Hypergate is a pile of garbage regardless.

I can understand the QQ about Operative/Scoundrel healers, the lack of any energy management, a plethora of escape mechanics, and the fact that most of their healing comes from instant cast hots makes them a pain in the *** to kill... if you are having issues dealing with the other two healing classes then it is on you (make sage/sorc use their 3 minute cooldown -> kill,. rinse, repeat; for merc/commandos just save your stun for their un-interrupt-able cool-down).

If you are complaining about cross-healing/tanking then just stop - healers and tanks have just as much right to work together to keep people alive as dps do to send people to the re-spawn.

Unless it's a pug without a healer, there's so few deaths now that no nodes are being capped. Civil War comes down to which side didn't respond to inc fast enough on their side node. Voidstar no doors are capped and it's coming down to kills. Novare can go on FOREVER, and I've been in matches with 7 million in combined healing. Huttball is largely uneffected and Ancient Hypergate is a pile of garbage regardless.

Huttball can get into a warped state where the side that grabbed the ball the most time wins because you can't kill the ball carrier short of a pulling them into fire and half of the time they'd still survive. Granted the side that can grab the ball most often is generally still usually the side with the better players, but it's silly to have no turnovers unless someone got trapped in fire.

There are many games where I could probably not use any offensive moves and the outcome would still be the same, whether it's a win or a loss. I know people like to think they're suddenly awesome at healing but right now heailng is just so overpowered to make the game utterly pointless. If there's an option to surrender and get say 80 comms while your team is ahead in a stalemate, I'll take that immediately over fighting another 10-30 minutes for 60 more comms.

I'm a full time PvP healer (scoundrel) and I will say two things:

1) healing is definitely a bit too strong at the moment

2) 80% of players don't use their interrupt enough (or at all)

1) You're a scoundrel, don't speak for other healers (no, they're not weak, but scoundrel/op healing is just broken).

2) Most DPS are horrible.

Edited by alexsamma

I'm a full time PvP healer (scoundrel) and I will say two things:

1) healing is definitely a bit too strong at the moment

2) 80% of players don't use their interrupt enough (or at all)

That hardly matters when an Operative rarely has to cast anything that can be interrupted at all.

Even Sages are getting to this stage where you can see a guy mostly rotating Salvation, Healing Trance, and other instants. You'll very rarely interrupt Healing Trance because there's a very good chance it already ticked twice if not three times by the time you interrupted it, and of course after you interrupt that, they'll definitely cast Deliverance next. Salvation is super fast with whatever talent they have, not to mention it doesn't actually heal the Sage himself for very much since it's AE, so it's rarely worth risking an interrupt on a spell that often casts in under 1.0s. Oh yeah and all Sages get interrupt immunity from Polarity Shift in 2.0 anyway.

If you look at 2.0, healing got a lot of extra tools to stay alive (Polarity Shift, Hydraluic Overrides, Force Barrier, roll) while DPS sure don't have any new exciting ways to take down a healer, so of course the healing is overpowered right now.

- roll ones = 1/4 energy... very little energy consumed? 1/4 ?!? i don't think so..

- static barrier now covers 7-8k damage ..difficult for a dps? i don't think so./ force barrier..well every 3minutes..and it is not killing you, you can tag the point, dps others players etc etc..

- shield..are you saying this talent is OP ?? :p

a good dps will kill a healer in 1vs1 if no help arrives.

this thread is just for "no brain" dps who don't want to focus on healers, but just damage the first ennemy they see, that's all.

and they whine they can't kill him because a healer next to him is healing him :rolleyes:

sorcerer and commando healers are balanced in PvP. maybe operatives are too strong (energy managment is too easy, tactic advantage to easy to have, instant heal+heal over time, roll+vanish+ 2 cc), i agree.

-Actually i have an op and i call pull off 3 rolls with 2 energy bars. more than enough distance to escape a dps. and on top of that wait 3 seconds and boom back to full. it is possible to roll all the way to the endzone if your energy regen cd is up.

-i was talking about the immunity bubble, it is more than enough time for another healer to heal you up to full or another dps to come to the rescue and peel off.

-Not saying shield is op, but not being able to interrupt while they take 20% less damage and immune to slow,roots is pretty op. not to mention if they're guarded.

Edited by Kodite