Finished class quest at 47 now what??

Iceio

So I finished the Sorc. class quest at level 47. I got prompted to start the quest for Makeb even before finishing my quest, kind of sucked that this starting quest spoiled the end of my class quest, but I hear even if you just play from level 50 at Makeb you will still have to grind levels to 55. What should I do? Should I go do sidequests until level 50 then do Makeb? Should I just go to Makeb? Can I start the HK-51 quests at level 47 now?

So I finished the Sorc. class quest at level 47. I got prompted to start the quest for Makeb even before finishing my quest, kind of sucked that this starting quest spoiled the end of my class quest, but I hear even if you just play from level 50 at Makeb you will still have to grind levels to 55. What should I do? Should I go do sidequests until level 50 then do Makeb? Should I just go to Makeb? Can I start the HK-51 quests at level 47 now?

I doubt you'll be able to do Makeb, most mobs are 52-53 which is a bit too high for you to fight without coming close to death every other pull.

How did you manage to finish so early though? As far as I know F2P/Pref get the same amount of XP as everyone did pre-F2P, and I managed to get to 50 on Voss at that time.

Ilum will have quests you can run that take place after your Class Story is finished. If they don't get you all the way to 50, you may also be able to do Black Hole on Corellia (that may require lvl 50 to access though, so I'm not 100% sure) - there should be a breadcrumb quest on the fleet.

finish planetary stories, check out dailies areas (Illum has its own story that leads up to couple of flashpoints and section x comes with reputation and titles in addition to basic coms that buy lvl 53 gear upgrades as well as schematics), run flashpoints, pvp.

I doubt you'll be able to do Makeb, most mobs are 52-53 which is a bit too high for you to fight without coming close to death every other pull.

How did you manage to finish so early though? As far as I know F2P/Pref get the same amount of XP as everyone did pre-F2P, and I managed to get to 50 on Voss at that time.

You essentially skip whatever you can so that you're doing mainly class quest stuff. I finished my Sorc at 47 way back when, and I finished my smuggler at 47 during the double XP weekend.

Thank you everyone for your answers. Looks like I'll be headed to Illum. Thaed is right, I pretty much would quest a planet doing the quests that were on the way to story quests, then when the story lead to another planet I would repeat. Storyline sucked me in.

Do Ilum (Crystal Ball mission) as it cannot be abandoned. Then do Belsavis (including Section X) / Ilum / Corellia dailies until you are 52 and get some gear then go to Makeb and pick up seeker droid / macro quest lines so you can do the dailies on Makeb at the same time. You will be 55 at the end.

but I hear even if you just play from level 50 at Makeb you will still have to grind levels to 55.

If you did all of the Makeb content (including the heroics and bonus quests), 1 round of dailies on Makeb, all of the Seeker/Macrobinocular questlines, and 1 round of the GSI dailies on each planet, you could hit 55 without any XP legacy unlocks or XP boosts...and you'd hit it before you got through all that stuff. I know because I did exactly that. It's certainly not the fastest way to 55 but, no, you don't "have" to re-run a single quest to get to 55 if you go through all the content.

If you're just looking for speed, use your legacy XP unlocks, use some XP boosts, run some dailies for Section X, Black Hole, etc. to get at least to 51 before you start Makeb and then head to Makeb and avoid the Seeker/Macrobinocular stuff. You should be able to get pretty close to 55 once you finish the Makeb storyline, a round of dailies and the Staged Weekly.... and maybe just need to run some extra dailies or the Staged Weekly a few times to get to 55. You'd need to keep using XP boost throughout though.

You speed through the game and wonder why you have "nothing" to do. :rolleyes:

Time to :

Gear up and get comms

Get the quests from the Priority Missions terminal on fleet

Do Dailies

Do Weeklies

Do Flashpoints

Run all the Ops

PVP

Get Datacrons and Lore

Do the Seeker Droid and Microbionocular quests available at lvl 52

4 Speeders to earn near speeder vendor on fleet (from terminal)

HK quest line

Makeb

Work on Achievements which unlock Titles and Cartel coins (i have earned over 500 coins so far just unlocking achievements)

Go back to the planets you skipped through and do their missions as well as bonus quest line

Max out affection with companions to unlock more Presence and some of their quests

Max out all crafting skills and start crafting things for better gear and to make cash on GTN

I could go on....

Edited by DarthVengeant

I finished my Powertech's story at level 48 about two months after early access, levelling it in combination with my Jedi Guardian, whom I forced myself to wait until level 50 to finish the story. Don't ask why I didn't do the same with my BH. I couldn't tell you that if I wanted to because I honestly don't have a reason. But, yeah, Stay away from Makeb until you hit 50. Grind through a few flashpoints and whatnot. That's what I did with my Commando when I hit 50: ran FP's until I had decent gear and then attacked Makeb. I hit level 55 last month with my Commando in almost full Black Hole gear, having started Makeb with 2 pieces of Tionese and the rest that Xenotech stuff. It took me so long because my Commando is set up for DPS and I really wasn't good enough a healer on that toon to run HMs in a healer's role.

Its crazy how many lvl 50 players i see on Makeb with terrible gear now...

The removal of the free tionese means im seeing tons of new 50s struggling through trash mobs in lvl 46 quest greens.

dont be that guy.

Do yourself a favor and prepare yourself with credits/crafting/pvp comms, etc before hitting 50.

Then once 50, run a few HMs or pvp to at least get some 61-63 gear.