The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can't Fix Sittable Chairs? Sitting Emote = Solution!

I like this idea, cryptic had something like this in city of heroes they had a few different sit animations you could use to sit on just about anything from chairs to benches or dangling your legs of the top of a wall. +1

It was also repeated in Star trek online. It is a workable solution, provided chairs are such that the character can actually fit on them between the armrests etc.

ps. The game already has sittable chairs - in the cockpit of the players starship... Now expand those everywhere.

Edited by Karkais

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I just want to say THANK YOU BIOWARE, sincerely, for the new chair emotes. Thanks for hearing us on this issue, and thanks for making them plentiful in the new packs so that even on an RP server they are affordable on the GTN. I bought both account-wide and I've got no regrets. In many situations they will be the perfect thing.

I understand why a "sitting on nothing" emote might be controversial, so I'm not going to press that point.

That said, don't stop there!

I would like to add a further request: A /barstool emote. A lot of RP socializing happens in cantinas, and a plain stool would blend in a lot better with the scenery. It could be further enhanced by a simple "casual chatting" character animation, like you see on a lot of npc's in those areas. There could even be a /barstool2 with more of a sloppy drunk chatting animation. That would be good for laughs.

Another big benefit of a bar stool is that the clipping would be a lot less obtrusive if we were to use it to sit in existing chairs in the environment.

You don't have to stop there either. I'll keep buying whatever chair emotes are out there. While you're at it, throw in a lean against the wall. :)

The new chair emotes are awesome! Now make /cardiacarrest, and a much more extended Companion Dance, please. The current one only lasts a few seconds, when the character dance keeps running.

also, make /forcepush. That would be fun on the Fleet.:rak_03:

• 1 year later...

ok so they designed the chairs our ship cockpit to be sat in when clicked on, why don't they program all the chairs to be clickable? Why wasn't this done from day 1? Why are chairs created for SH's not programmed like the chairs are on ships?

The simple fact is that there are indeed chairs in game which we can click on and sit in they just refuse to implement it in other areas of the game. I tire of being told it is too hard to implement, or not profitable. This issue is a serious immersion issue for RP players and has been from day 1!!!!!

Please, pay attention to patch notes...

They recently implemented /chair emote which allows you to sit on any chair/couch.

Yes they did but you actually sit above the chair not in the chair. Had a guild meeting and walking around everyone was sitting in chairs but sitting above the chairs.

Yes they did but you actually sit above the chair not in the chair. Had a guild meeting and walking around everyone was sitting in chairs but sitting above the chairs.

That is a collision detection issue between that particular piece of furniture and your body type. For example, the arrangement: basic lounge has no collision mesh at all except on the decanter and cups on the table, it's very easy to position yourself correctly, and sit on the seat instead of float above it. It's also very easy to tell when you'll sit or float above a chair or sofa, approach it, pan your camera to the floor where you can see your feet. If your character is floating while standing up next to said chair or sofa, you'll float above the seat too. Since you haven't even entered the emote to sit yet, it's obvious that the problem is not in the emote.

ok so they designed the chairs our ship cockpit to be sat in when clicked on, why don't they program all the chairs to be clickable? Why wasn't this done from day 1? Why are chairs created for SH's not programmed like the chairs are on ships?

The simple fact is that there are indeed chairs in game which we can click on and sit in they just refuse to implement it in other areas of the game. I tire of being told it is too hard to implement, or not profitable. This issue is a serious immersion issue for RP players and has been from day 1!!!!!

Necro! Anyhow, I read a post saying that the starship chairs break after a few sits and you have to zone/relog to fix them, not such a good thing "Sorry guys, chair broke, hold the RP while I relog!"

Edited by XiamaraSimi