Star Wars: War of the Dream Teams

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tune it seems nobody is bothered with your proposition, so you are a part of the Alliance as long as the vote is won.

I would be if me and Warren dont get a third :p

But we will... This is looking to be a very interesting debate afterall

I would be if me and Warren dont get a third :p

But we will... This is looking to be a very interesting debate afterall

You need a third member for your Alliance?

I'll join if alliances are allowed.

Edited by StarSquirrel

So, just to clarify the rules: This is going to be a debate about which player's army or alliance would win in a conflict, correct?

It seems the battle will be more like galactic conquest from Battlefront 2, at least the way this all looks.

It seems the battle will be more like galactic conquest from Battlefront 2, at least the way this all looks.
Okay, sounds cool. BF2 was one of my old favorites when it comes to Star Wars games, and if this keeps up, then this will be THE single most epic thing on this forum.

Okay, sounds cool. BF2 was one of my old favorites when it comes to Star Wars games, and if this keeps up, then this will be THE single most epic thing on this forum.

Which is why I cannot believe a few here are not joining up, but their call.

You need a third member for your Alliance?

I'll join if alliances are allowed.

Upon Assajj Ventress' arrival at the Void Alliance's homeworld of Onderon, she was greeted with absence. Nobody would talk to her or answer he questions, she was humiliated and went on a rampage... Destroying a simple farmers X-Wing, she felt a little better and Set Course for Corulag, to discuss a Treaty with The Infinity Imperium. Upon exiting the Onderon System she recieved a communication from Traya, saying an alliance Request has allready been sent.

Darth Traya accepted this offer with Glee, expanding her power enough to Finally rival that of her enemies.

This reporter feels sorry for The Void Alliance, but in all fairness, according to Admiral Tench, the Void Alliance were given ample time to reply, and with but 2 standard rotations remaining, the Imperium had to move quickly.

Other Galactic powers remain open for Alliances, and this reporter hopes the Void Alliance find someone to tag team with.

As always, this has been your faithful journalist,

Selenial.

Good knight galaxy!

I believe the OP said a fight for Coruscant but it is shaping up to be essentially a number of factions throughout the galaxy pitted against each other in a massive melee.

I think we should do this in two stages. For one, a thread for movements and debates. (who would win a particular battle ect....)

Then we would have a second thread where the initial movements and eventual outcomes are told in an RP format. The RP thread would allow us to summarize large debates and keep a solid timeline.

Edited by StarSquirrel

It's probably for the best, anyway. Too many factions could result in utter chaos.

There was a reason I picked a small pocket of systems, to leave enough room for others to make up their space, but it seems the galaxy is getting filled up far quicker than I would hope.

Edited by LadyKulvax

I believe the OP said a fight for Coruscant but it is shaping up to be essentially a number of factions throughout the galaxy pitted against each other in a massive melee.

I think we should do this in two stages. For one, a thread that dictates movements and debates. (who would win a particular battle ect....)

Then we would have a second thread where the initial movements and eventual outcomes are told in an RP format. The RP thread would allow us to summarize large debates and keep a solid timeline.

We may not need additional threads. Why not...

Movements: One batallion to Ilum, one squadron of fighters to Tatooine. RP: (etc etc etc describing battle here+results).
Additionally, is there a set timeline when the great War of the Dream Teams begins? Or is it just fought out in various, nondescript phases and eras?

I think we should do this in two stages. For one, a thread for movements and debates. (who would win a particular battle ect....)

I would suggest one thread that handles one move and battle at a time but that all happens in the same round.

In the other thread is where we announce which place we move to, where we are attacking and a clear announcement for each round of what exactly happened all across the galaxy when said movements are finished, then we move to round two, rinse and repeat.

To make it clear you can only move that one specific unit/group of units at a certain distance dependant on the speed of any given hyperspace engine, etc.... using canonical measurements provided in sourcebooks, etc... for each round.

Then in battles we make debates about how which unit is stronger than the other and all that fun stuff like we would do in a regular versus thread.

I know for many of you this might sound over-complicated, but in reality it would be extremely simple once ironed out.

This is only my suggestion though, of course this would make for a very long debate and a very long campaign, but I gathered that was the point of the scope.

Edited by LadyKulvax

We may not need additional threads. Why not...

Additionally, is there a set timeline when the great War of the Dream Teams begins? Or is it just fought out in various, nondescript phases and eras?

Well I would rather the debates be kept separate from the RPing so that we can maintain some coherence and we don't have debates raging for 10+ pages with other player's positioning movements buried inside.

Well I would rather the debates be kept separate from the RPing so that we can maintain some coherence and we don't have debates raging for 10+ pages with other player's positioning movements buried inside.

Hmm, I see your point. Didn't think about that, :o. If only the forums had a D20 die button. Then, all battles would just be decided with each participant clicking a button.