Peculiar Resilience/Force Shroud Bug (attn bioware)

KeyboardNinja

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Nightmare Mode, Huge Grenade does in fact deal weapon damage (rather than the spell damage it deals in Story and Hard Modes). This was an intentional change for Nightmare Mode, done to make the encounter more challenging.

I'm one of those People who always assumes that something like that simply wasn't thought trough enough,

but this made me wonder if perhaps...

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

In Nightmare Mode, Huge Grenade does in fact deal weapon damage (rather than the spell damage it deals in Story and Hard Modes). This was an intentional change for Nightmare Mode, done to make the encounter more challenging

More challenging for who? Certainly not Guardians as that will now be a joke for them (they will certainly be able to dodge with sabre ward if properly timed hardly a challenge and sabre reflect might work on it too? ), vanguards may have reasonable chance to dodge with riot gas? But it shouldn't inconvenience them too much. But they will both be standing there looking at the puddle on the ground that is the shadow when the roll gods didn't favour them.

Seriously why did you not make it I/E at least then it would pressure all tanks you know the other 2 tanks in the game that are not guardians.

GRRRR :mad:

In other instances while Force Shroud is active and you know that you are being hit by a tech or Force attack, the issue is most likely that players and NPCs always have at least a 5% chance to hit with any ability, regardless of how high your defense is to that type of ability. So while Force Shroud is active, there is always at least a 5% chance that you could be hit by any tech or Force attack.

btw does Armour work only 95% of the time as well?

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

In the following particular instances, it is not a bug:

In Nightmare Mode, Huge Grenade does in fact deal weapon damage (rather than the spell damage it deals in Story and Hard Modes). This was an intentional change for Nightmare Mode, done to make the encounter more challenging.

As for Terminate, it has always been a weapon damage attack in any difficulty mode that it appears, and it would have never worked to Force Shroud it - any such luck to the contrary is a mere coincidence (though probably not uncommon).

In other instances while Force Shroud is active and you know that you are being hit by a tech or Force attack, the issue is most likely that players and NPCs always have at least a 5% chance to hit with any ability, regardless of how high your defense is to that type of ability. So while Force Shroud is active, there is always at least a 5% chance that you could be hit by any tech or Force attack.

I don't like this anymore than you do. I know it's extremely frustrating to be hit by an ability that, for all intents and purposes, should not have hit you. Unfortunately, fixing this issue is not as simple as it seems, but I'll take a deeper look to see if there is anything we can do about it.

Um, sorcs don't have this problem in their bubble, snipers don't have this problem in entrench, mercs/pt's don't have this problem with hydraulic overrides. Sin/shadow is the ONLY class that has this problem.

EDIT: Sorcs don't have this problem during their root/slow-immune force speed either

Edited by JP_Legatus

Wait what? What's the point of 200% resistance if there's still a 5% chance the ability will go through? That's just silly imho.

I would argue what the point of % is if you keep going OVER 100%. 100% of anything is ALL of it. this whole thing is laughable to me. it's almost (albeit not quite) as dumb as the athlete who talks about trying 110%. no. you just weren't trying 100% in the first place. moron.

Um, sorcs don't have this problem in their bubble, snipers don't have this problem in entrench, mercs/pt's don't have this problem with hydraulic overrides. Sin/shadow is the ONLY class that has this problem.

you're going to have have to remove snipers from this discussion as it's a a well-attested fact that the dev team has a thing for those pointy, vibrating rifles. they get a buff/abil for everyone and everything. only class in the game that gets an abil to deal with every other class in the game.

you're going to have have to remove snipers from this discussion as it's a a well-attested fact that the dev team has a thing for those pointy, vibrating rifles. they get a buff/abil for everyone and everything. only class in the game that gets an abil to deal with every other class in the game.

I'm just legitimately surprised as this is the first time I've ever seen a bioware employee post something that is so obviously completely false.

Usually you get the mandatory "I'll pass this on to our team" response and not some comment about mechanics working as intended when that clearly isn't the case.

But yeah, they do have a pedestal for the sniper class.

Edited by JP_Legatus

More challenging for who? Certainly not Guardians as that will now be a joke for them (they will certainly be able to dodge with sabre ward if properly timed hardly a challenge and sabre reflect might work on it too? ), vanguards may have reasonable chance to dodge with riot gas? But it shouldn't inconvenience them too much. But they will both be standing there looking at the puddle on the ground that is the shadow when the roll gods didn't favour them.

Seriously why did you not make it I/E at least then it would pressure all tanks you know the other 2 tanks in the game that are not guardians.

GRRRR :mad:

Saber reflect on a OHK mechanic ftw

In other news the main tank finishes the raid with highest dps and/or solos the boss in 10s

Edited by JP_Legatus

I

I don't like this anymore than you do. I know it's extremely frustrating to be hit by an ability that, for all intents and purposes, should not have hit you. Unfortunately, fixing this issue is not as simple as it seems, but I'll take a deeper look to see if there is anything we can do about it.

This is a bad mechanic and needs to be fixed ASAP. Question: does Force Barrier fail to block tech/force attacks 5% of the time? If not, why not? Doesn't Force Barrier bump resistance up to 20,000% or so?

• 5 months later...
I

Do you have anything to report? Can you fix this as an xmas/new years present to the shadow/assassin community? Can you at least report back? E.g. "yeah, we looked at we've scheduled the fix for release 3.8 in 2015"

• 3 weeks later...