4. Crit

5. Endurance

You forgot Accuracy.

I would rank as:

1- Aim

2- Accuracy (to 100% Ranged/110% Tech)

3- Power

4- Surge

Endurance isn't worth mentioning and crit is basically worthless aside from what you gain from stacking main stat and through talents. You're much better served by stacking Acc then piling on as much power as you can get your hands on, then surge in a couple of pieces once you hit your acc goal.

Just to clarify where you can get stats on gear. First ALWAYS go with the mod/enh/arm with the lowest possible endurance. Regardless of how the stats balance out, you are getting more points allocated to DPs stats and less to survival... which don't really matter.

Aim is a primary stat. So it shares the same allocation on gear as cunning, strength and willpower. You increase both your ranged damage AND your Tech damage with aim, whereas cunning only boosts tech damage for us. The other two are completely worthless. What this means is it will always be better to have aim over cunning. The only reason I mention cunning at all is because of datacrons. If you want the best possible DPs, you will want to get both. But for gear skip it entirely.

Power and Crit also share stat allocation on gear. Meaning you will not find a single mod or enhancement with both stats on it. So it cones down to which is more useful. Crit has become all but worthless. So you would be sacrificing power for a worthless stat. I would try to avoid crit right now and stack power instead.

Accuracy, Surge and Alacrity all share stat allocation as well. Same as the exchange with crit vs power. In this case Alacrity is total **** for us, avoid it... there isn't even a debate on this. You only need 100%/110% accuracy after that it iswasted points. So once you hit the cap, everything else by default will go to surge.

Hope that explains it a bit better than a stat ppriority list.

How is crit worthless? I understand they nerfed its values but the fact that it's still crit makes it remain viable in my eyes. Atleast from a Pyro PT perspective. Even more so now that Flame Burst has the 30% Multiplier on it.

(Speaking for PVP here)

Edit--Also, are the low aim, high power mods still better than the higher aim, low power mods?

Edited by Theology

How is crit worthless? I understand they nerfed its values but the fact that it's still crit makes it remain viable in my eyes. Atleast from a Pyro PT perspective. Even more so now that Flame Burst has the 30% Multiplier on it.

(Speaking for PVP here)

Edit--Also, are the low aim, high power mods still better than the higher aim, low power mods?

To your edit, yes, because if you look on those mods, they are high endurance... which is the real kicker on em. You are losing stat points for DPS which is going into Endurance.

As to the crit debate... it is still a bit in the air. If you feel you still want to try having crit, you want to stop at 25% ranged crit (which should give you 35% tech crit).

But for pvp, I believe it was always stack power, because instead of relying on crit, EVERYTHING just hit really hard, all the time. The issue is if crit gets nerfed then it becomes a debate between power vs crit. If I could take 300 points of crit vs 300 points of power, which will actually make me do more damage over time? Because you are forced to stack such a ridiculous amount of crit rating to get to a decent percent, then you are hurting your bottom line, which also affects how much you would be criting for as well.

How is crit worthless?

Crit is not by any means worthless or useless by itself. It is just that there is plenty of evidence supporting the claim that it is worse than power no matter how much of these stats you have, and since fully modifiable gear allows you to exchange all of your crit rating for power, that is what people do, and usually they report having better dps after doing so.

are the low aim, high power mods still better than the higher aim, low power mods?

Just look at their stats:

Advanced Agile Mod 30: 63 Aim, 47 Endurance, 52 Power

Advanced Agile Mod 30A: 77 Aim, 52 Endurance, 29 Power

Even if Aim is better than Power at 1:1 exchange ratio, you are swapping 14 Aim for 23 Power which makes the unlettered mod a clear winner over the "A" mod

You forgot Accuracy.

I would rank as:

1- Aim

2- Accuracy (to 100% Ranged/110% Tech)

3- Power

4- Surge

Endurance isn't worth mentioning and crit is basically worthless aside from what you gain from stacking main stat and through talents. You're much better served by stacking Acc then piling on as much power as you can get your hands on, then surge in a couple of pieces once you hit your acc goal.

You're right, I forgot accuracy, I have shamed my clan, I must commit Seppuku.

To your edit, yes, because if you look on those mods, they are high endurance... which is the real kicker on em. You are losing stat points for DPS which is going into Endurance.

As to the crit debate... it is still a bit in the air. If you feel you still want to try having crit, you want to stop at 25% ranged crit (which should give you 35% tech crit).

But for pvp, I believe it was always stack power, because instead of relying on crit, EVERYTHING just hit really hard, all the time. The issue is if crit gets nerfed then it becomes a debate between power vs crit. If I could take 300 points of crit vs 300 points of power, which will actually make me do more damage over time? Because you are forced to stack such a ridiculous amount of crit rating to get to a decent percent, then you are hurting your bottom line, which also affects how much you would be criting for as well.

For me, PVP isn't about doing the 'highest DPS' I understand thats how PvE is, obviously, DPS is everything. But Burst matters a lot in PVP. Crit is 100% needed to kill targets. Just my 2 cents, don't know if anyone shares that perspective.

kinda funny how people put surge so high yet crit so low and without crit surge is worthless...

uoi NEED some crit to make the surge worth it... if you try to do a 0 crit setup you won't need the surge cause you won't be critting. Not only will you end up wasting more points then anything you will be doing less damage.

Going with no crit is something only a fool would do you simply do not stack much crit.

kinda funny how people put surge so high yet crit so low and without crit surge is worthless...

uoi NEED some crit to make the surge worth it... if you try to do a 0 crit setup you won't need the surge cause you won't be critting. Not only will you end up wasting more points then anything you will be doing less damage.

Going with no crit is something only a fool would do you simply do not stack much crit.

Not really.

While no crit rating does make surge less useful, even with 0 critical rating you do still crit plenty enough that surge does not become anywhere near useless.

Critical rating stat is only one of the 5 things that give you crit chance.

You still have the others:

-Base crit chance

-Crit chance gained from main stats (aim)

-Crit chance gained from any talents in your skill tree

-Crit chance gained from buffs

And as how the itemization in gear works, (excluding tanking stats):

- Critical rating can only be traded for power

- Surge rating can only be traded for accuracy rating or alacrity rating

Since accuracy is only useful up to a certain point, once you are "hit capped" it is useless to have any more, every piece of gear that does not have accuracy on its enhancement, must have either surge or alacrity, and since alacrity is still not considered that great it will be surge.

Edited by Eternalnight

Yeah, I have to say when I remove all my crit I am still sitting on a 19% crit chance for ranged (which means for Rail SHot... the only one that is ranged that matters) and 30% for Tech. 26% tech crit isn't amazing by any stretch, but it is still there.

Also, if you don't put it in surge what else SHOULD you put it in? Accurracy... worthless over 100% Alacrity? Dont make me laugh... some stupid defense stat? So the only option is surge... dunno why you say it is "wasted"... it is doing more than the other options. Although, yes, it would be BETTER if crit was worth a damn...