Advanced Prototype - Power Loaders

Altheran

I'm okay that a talent increases Shoulder Cannon, but there is one thing I don't understand : "Why it has to improve only Shoulder Cannon ?"

Basically, when you get acces to it while leveling, you're level 40, but you don't get the ability before level 51... So why ?

Until now, all the talents I've seen so far have at least a side effect so that no talent is a dead weight while leveling, when you do not have the main ability yet.

Don't you think like me that this talent misses something ?

I don't know if the spec need something badly (I'm lvl 22 at the moment), but I think that the talent need something, even a weak thing like a heat cost reducer on Flame Sweep or Unload in order to not make it a "dead talent" while leveling.

I'm okay that a talent increases Shoulder Cannon, but there is one thing I don't understand : "Why it has to improve only Shoulder Cannon ?"

Basically, when you get acces to it while leveling, you're level 40, but you don't get the ability before level 51... So why ?

Until now, all the talents I've seen so far have at least a side effect so that no talent is a dead weight while leveling, when you do not have the main ability yet.

Don't you think like me that this talent misses something ?

I don't know if the spec need something badly (I'm lvl 22 at the moment), but I think that the talent need something, even a weak thing like a heat cost reducer on Flame Sweep or Unload in order to not make it a "dead talent" while leveling.

it bugged me too... it should also increase the damage of something else, like rail shot or rocket punch.

it needs to do something... its just bad planing to have a talent that you MUST spec into to get your top talent that you gain nothing from.

Power loaders is a good talent it simply needs something added to it to make it useful before 51 as well as after.

I have seen people hate on the shoulder cannon, but you an throw out tons of damage when you pair it with explosive fuel. They honestly both line up very very well... You pop explosive fuel you hit FT then fire all all 7 rockets as fast as possible when they are done your FT should be coming back off cooldown to get a few ticks in before the fuel is gone... and the connons will be ready to fire again by the time the fuel is back off CD

It used to buff our Ranged Critical chance by 3% on PTS - we asked that it should be made Tech Critical as this was clearly more useful to us (off of the top my head we maybe have 2 regularly used Ranged abilities?).

In response they just got rid of all Critical so it's now useless before 51. :)

My solution on a Vanguard was to take talents further down the tree and just leave this one out.

It used to buff our Ranged Critical chance by 3% on PTS - we asked that it should be made Tech Critical as this was clearly more useful to us (off of the top my head we maybe have 2 regularly used Ranged abilities?).

In response they just got rid of all Critical so it's now useless before 51. :)

Said like this, it becomes clear that someone at BW messed something, either in coding, or understanding.

I'm not fan of the idea of taking something I don't plan to spec into before to respec once lvl 51 is reached... Now level 23, I have time to think about it, (and maybe that with a miracle, the talent will be improved before I reach 42)

Yeah Power Loaders implies anything you have to load IMO, so every projectile attack maybe? Like 30% crit bonus? Every other class has something like that. Maybe 20% so people don't start whining again because we're "OP"

Yeah Power Loaders implies anything you have to load IMO, so every projectile attack maybe? Like 30% crit bonus? Every other class has something like that. Maybe 20% so people don't start whining again because we're "OP"

We have 30% on Immolate, RB and Rocket Punch. Maybe 15% on Flame Burst, Shoulder Cannon and Flame Thrower?

We have 30% on Immolate, RB and Rocket Punch. Maybe 15% on Flame Burst, Shoulder Cannon and Flame Thrower?

I'm afraid it would be too much. Especially the Flame Thrower part : a 3-stacked Flame Thrower with Explosive Fuel and +15% extra surge will be a mass murder weapon.

Other option : "In addition, the damage done by Missile Blast to ennmies nearby the main target are equivalent to 20/40/60% of main target's damage (damage modifiers apply separately)."

Or : "Increases the damage done by Shoulder Cannon by 2/4/6% and by Flame Sweep by 10/20/30%". When you activate Shoulder Cannon ... "

30% on Flame Sweep may sound a lot, but it would still need to hit 3 ennemies to be worth the cost when comparing to the damage per cost of Flame Burst, of course when adding the damage on the 3 targets.

(even though hitting 2 ennemies with Flame Sweep only would be just behind Flame Burst by only a little)

Edited by Altheran

I think someone screwed up by not completing the Power Loaders skill. As was said above, there used to be an increase to ranged crit (on test). That was completely assinine, and was eventually removed and not replaced with anything useful. An increase to flame thrower crit, even a small one, would be a really nice bonus for this spec.

While they're at it, Prototype Cylinders for HEGC is laughable. 1% increase to elemental and internal damage. 1%?? REALLY? Come on, BW. Throw AP, the red-headed stepchild of the advanced classes (since launch!!), a friggin bone here.

While they're at it, Prototype Cylinders for HEGC is laughable. 1% increase to elemental and internal damage. 1%?? REALLY? Come on, BW. Throw AP, the red-headed stepchild of the advanced classes (since launch!!), a friggin bone here.

My gosh, it's true... Wasn't it 3% few times ago ? (before 2.0)

More Surge talents are also a bit overlapping. If they wanted us to have more Surge on certain abilities, they'd have left Flame Burst on Prototype Weapon Systems.

Power Loaders, by name, sensefully increases our missiles as well as their damage. It would also makes sense that it increases a stat like Crit or Surge that improves our DPS quite directly. +% for Tech Crit would be very welcomed by me. Perhaps something a bit more unique though would be +15% Crit on Flamethrower & Immolate or something along those lines. But those are not particularly abilities that are 'loaded', which is just a small name-related barrier.

And yes, it used to be 5% + 3% talented; then on PTS it went to 8% + 3% talented; and now it is 5% + 1% talented. I, like everybody else, don't understand it either.

A buff to dot damage, with some sort of execute mechanic on one of their attacks would really improve AP's day to day performance.

Increased crit on flamethrower seems reasonable, and more interesting then a global passive stat increase. I would prefer this option.

With what you'd tell me about how things went with Power Loaders, and now with the cyllinder, I start to believe that the guy who was in charge of Advanced Prototype spec wasn't in a normal state when working on it (fever, alcohol, drug ?)

A buff to dot damage, with some sort of execute mechanic on one of their attacks would really improve AP's day to day performance.

AP has only 1 DoT and is already buffed by 30%. Increasing further DoT damage, if I take your word and is not restricted to Retrecable Blade, would be only a minor improvement to AP, but huge one for a AP/Pyro hybrid more or less like this one...

That is a valid concern, but considering that retractable blade is a comparably mundane dot, there is plenty of room for adjustment. I feel like the dependency on flamethrower having 100% success rate in raid and pvp environments are dubious assumptions that bioware have in mind when balancing the overall output of AP.

That is a valid concern, but considering that retractable blade is a comparably mundane dot, there is plenty of room for adjustment. I feel like the dependency on flamethrower having 100% success rate in raid and pvp environments are dubious assumptions that bioware have in mind when balancing the overall output of AP.

^

I've been having much the same feeling Marb has described.

My gosh, it's true... Wasn't it 3% few times ago ? (before 2.0)

when it was at 3% we did not get 3% more damage from attacking the target with RB on it... so we did not lose anything it was simply moved.

however its not like if it was still 3% we would be OP... not with the things marauders can do with the PvP trinkets right now.

Edited by Hizoka