Hey developers! What changed?

SithVeritas

Their time has come..:csw_shuttle:

Since 1.5 they prepared, they grew greedier..

While we played, on our servers...

Believing our wallets were safe, and protected...:wea_09::wea_01:

They were trusted to lead The Old Republic...:t_biggrin::hope_08:

But we were deceived..:wea_02:

As their promises of no additional costs have blinded us...:csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

We assumed no force would jeopardize our experience...

But now...:hope_02::csw_redsaber:

Finally...:hope_02::csw_redsaber::hope_02::csw_redsaber::hope_02::csw_redsaber::hope_02::csw_redsaber:

They have monetized.

As their promises of no additional costs have blinded us...:csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

Finally...:hope_02::csw_redsaber::hope_02::csw_redsaber::hope_02::csw_redsaber::hope_02::csw_redsaber:

They have monetized.

I have been playing this game since beta. Started my subscription on the second day of early access December 16th 2011. I play on the 6 month recurring subscription plan which equates I think to $12.99 a month.

Other than the additional purchases of...

A - The Collectors Edition $149.99 back in July of '11

B - The Rise Of The Hutt Cartell $9.99 back in January of '13

I have had no additional costs imposed upon me by Bioware. Exactly what is BW forcing you to purchase that is not a part of your regular subscription model... or was a part as I see by your sig that you unsubscribed?

Edited by Brittaany_Banks

I have been playing this game since beta. Started my subscription on the second day of early access December 16th 2011. I play on the 6 month recurring subscription plan which equates I think to $12.99 a month.

Other than the additional purchases of...

A - The Collectors Edition $149.99 back in July of '11

B - The Rise Of The Hutt Cartell $9.99 back in January of '13

I have had no additional costs imposed upon me by Bioware.

Same here, except I use game cards for my subsrciber time.. so you are getting a better deal then me. :) But that's on me as I made the choice.

Exactly what is BW forcing you to purchase that is not a part of your regular subscription model... or was a part as I see by your sig that you unsubscribed?

My guess here is that OP was not and is not able to keep his fingers out of the cartel pack bin in the CM. If this is true.. the only thing forcing the OP here is OPs impluse control challenges IMO.

Edited by Andryah

They have monetized.

hey dude didnt they tell you? its all Fluff and has nothing to do with game content so calm down and pretend everything is great.....are you relaxed now? great then we want to tell you about our new upcoming update which you can only access through Cartel Market...Enjoy!

I do miss my older MMO games. You paid for your subscription and your full fledge expansions and you were good to go. When the company decided to add in little content updates over the course of time, they didn't charge you for them.

The cash shop works because people like that. They are going to keep doing it and add more to it because they can. As along as people pony up the money, they won't stop. I do not agree with them adding the barber shop and color dyes to it, that does burn me wrong but nothing we say will change that.

I wish they had gone the way of Guild Wars 2 with their color dyes. Once you acquire them with your character, you can change the color of your gear at anytime. I really loved that system. Plus you can discover more colors as they drop off mobs during the game or crafters can make them.

For months, The Old Republic stood as a beacon of hope for the stagnant MMO genre.

But the EA came...

And with one savage strike, they put Bioware at their knees.

Now, the time is running out as few loyal subscribers are left to face the free to play.

For all that remain there is one choice... We must pay! For Cartel Coins! Or /unsub.

And while the charges are heavy, we pay knowing that even a single dollar, paid with hope, will never restore the greatness to this game.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

hey dude didnt they tell you? its all Fluff and has nothing to do with game content so calm down and pretend everything is great.....are you relaxed now? great then we want to tell you about our new upcoming update which you can only access through Cartel Market...Enjoy!

The update that's all fluff? :t_tongue:

My guess here is that OP was not and is not able to keep his fingers out of the cartel pack bin in the CM. If this is true.. the only thing forcing the OP here is OPs impulse control challenges IMO.
No one cares about your "guess," as it is highly insulting. You know what they say about assumptions... except in this case it makes nothing out of me.

Same here, except I.. ...control challenges IMO.

Andryah my good friend, many others and I still wonder to this day why your posts aren't in gold.

I wish they had gone the way of Guild Wars 2 with their color dyes. Once you acquire them with your character, you can change the color of your gear at anytime. I really loved that system. Plus you can discover more colors as they drop off mobs during the game or crafters can make them.

Yes, but SWTOR is more succesful than games like Guild Wars 2, that is why they can afford to alienate chunks of their player base! /sarcasm

I must admit this post really made me laugh.

Then I have accomplished my mission, dear Tommot. :tran_wink:

Edited by SithVeritas

Yep. Your subscription affords you access to all game content*.

* - definition of game content subject to change

Same here, except I use game cards for my subsrciber time.. so you are getting a better deal then me. :) But that's on me as I made the choice.

My guess here is that OP was not and is not able to keep his fingers out of the cartel pack bin in the CM. If this is true.. the only thing forcing the OP here is OPs impluse control challenges IMO.

These sort of posts are why some people don't like you. Why did you reply in this thread? You have contributed nothing other than your assumptions about somebody. Your turn of phrase ("...not able to keep his fingers out of the cartel pack bin...") only serves your ability to alienate people. You posted simply because you could. You have offered nothing - at no point when reading your post did I think " yeah, that's relevant and well said".

You're very confusing. You post as though you have a thesaurus sat next to you, but you're unable to articulate a sensible argument. Your posts do not offer anything constructive. I've not checked your post history (I'm really not that bothered to look you up) but it seems to me that all you do is reply in other peoples' threads with a view to telling them that they are wrong. You baffle me. I realise that I'll probably get a warning or something for this post, but that's on me, I made the choice to post.

I do not wish you any ill feeling - you are within your rights to post whatever you want on the internet. I would say, however, that your attitude and phrasing could be improved.

To OP - sorry to have derailed your topic.

Oh, one final thing before I'm banned from the forums - any educated person would know that although "I could care less" is an idiom Americans use, it does not excuse a person from understanding what it does not mean. You could not care less. The point of the phrase is to indicate that you have no more care to offer, A lack of care, not the ability to care less. It's meant to suggest that you really are not able to be bothered about something. You really couldn't care less. Your level of care has bottomed out and there is no further place for your care to go. Using "I could care less" really doesn't mean what you want it to mean. This maybe strikes people as random, but I've noticed you using the phrase "I could care less" in some of your more..how should one put it...passive aggressive posts.

LOL OP that was pretty clever I have to admit.

I don't understand why how some people feel has become wrong or incorrect.

As a subscriber, my subscription has given me access to all the basic and premium content and features at no ADDITIONAL charge outside of my 6 month recurring subscription for the entirety of the games existence up until 2.1.

With the conversion to F2P BioWare was aware that the perceived value of subscription would fall as people would have access to a large chunk of the game for free that subscribers once had to pay for prior, along with the fact that they would now have to pay additional money for some of the best perceived armor in the game as cartel exclusive items. So what did BioWare do? They added value back to our subscription buy giving us monthly cartel coins. Thank you BioWare, this was very kind of you. Now if I choose, I can save up my monthly coins, as those armor sets cost way more then a months worth of coins, to get those items. They even were kind enough to keep features and content that was in the cartel market free to subscribers! Man, my subscription sure feels valuable! I'm really ok with this! I feel like a subscriber and not a F2P player!

Now here comes 2.1. A barber shop type feature AND armor dys have made it into the game! FINALLY! A basic feature that has been missing from this game since it's launch, that is core most all other MMO's that ad increased costumization has FINALLY made it!.

Lets see what we have here:

-New race Cathar. Hmm, kinda cool. These are usually a part of a paid expansion. They left this out of ROTHC but are here now. And they are going to price it so that as a subscriber I can purchase it potentially at NO additional cost? SWEET!

-Change your species! WHAT!? This is quite the premium service. Going to cost some CC if I want to do this but I dig it. It's crazy cool I can even do this without having to re-lvl a WHOLE new character for it. I'll pay for that.

-Change your body type! This is pretty cool, I'd gladly drop some coin for this rather then re-lvl my character. I'll drop coin for that.

-Change yoru hair cut. Wait...I have to use cartel coins for this basic feature as a subscriber?! That doesnt seem right. I'm not a F2P player. My sub feels a little less valuable.

-Change yoru facial hair. You have got to be kidding me.....Did I hit unsub by mistake??

Well hopefully some of you made it through my cool story that literally described my response to 2.1.

This is the first time, since launch, as a subscriber that I have felt like a F2P player. At no point, straight from BioWare's mouth from the launch of F2P, did they want their subscibers to ever feel like anything else but subscribers. With some of the things offered in this 2.1, some of us are starting to feel this and are voicing this.

Can I jump through hoops to still get most of this stuff? Wait month after month after month after month of saving, which while I'm saving they are still putting out Cartel Exclusive stuff? Sure I can. But aren't the F2P people suppose to be the ones having to jump through hoops? Shouldn't they be enticed to subscribe? Shouldn't they be the ones paying for features since they aren't paying a sub? Is there a subscription beyond the subscription I have that I should be enticed to get since I have every intent to pay for and enjoy this game?

What if when hood toggle comes out, for this feature, you would have to pay 500 CCs to unlock the option on EACH chest peice as a subscriber? I mean, it's a cosmetic feature right? You could do a chest every month with the cartel coins the give you?

What if as a subsciber, you had to pay for the color match feature with cartel coins like F2P did when it was released? I mean that is a cosmetic feature right?

Anyway, I know I've ranted a aweful lot but hopefully my point is somewhat clear and at least you readers can grasp why I for one am starting to feel like a F2P player as a subsciber. The thought of where this can lead from 2.1 is concerning. I'm all for paying for expansions and beyond premium features like character transfers and such as a sub, but are going on months with nothing but additional cost contents and features on the horizon.

I do miss my older MMO games. You paid for your subscription and your full fledge expansions and you were good to go. When the company decided to add in little content updates over the course of time, they didn't charge you for them.

The cash shop works because people like that. They are going to keep doing it and add more to it because they can. As along as people pony up the money, they won't stop. I do not agree with them adding the barber shop and color dyes to it, that does burn me wrong but nothing we say will change that.

Sadly, you are correct. And after having subbed from Early Access all the way to now, I'm going to stop giving them money.

Hopefully they can fix this stuff and fix PVP and manage to get some new content out that amounts to more than a new 1.5 levels every 12 months. Not interested in 7 hour raids, sorry.

Good luck, everybody! Be well!

These sort of posts are why some people don't like you. Why did you reply in this thread? You have contributed nothing other than your assumptions about somebody. Your turn of phrase ("...not able to keep his fingers out of the cartel pack bin...") only serves your ability to alienate people. You posted simply because you could. You have offered nothing - at no point when reading your post did I think " yeah, that's relevant and well said".

You're very confusing. You post as though you have a thesaurus sat next to you, but you're unable to articulate a sensible argument. Your posts do not offer anything constructive. I've not checked your post history (I'm really not that bothered to look you up) but it seems to me that all you do is reply in other peoples' threads with a view to telling them that they are wrong. You baffle me. I realise that I'll probably get a warning or something for this post, but that's on me, I made the choice to post.

I do not wish you any ill feeling - you are within your rights to post whatever you want on the internet. I would say, however, that your attitude and phrasing could be improved.

She actually did contribute. She was on topic, and offered her opinion on the matter... even if it wasn't the majority opinion, it's still relevant. She brought up the point that they were not actually raising costs and the fact that you might have spent more money on the game is your fault, not Bioware or EA's... which is a relevant point and one that contributes to the conversation... even if it was blunt and/or aggressive.

Your post however did not contribute to the discussion, in fact all it really accomplished was belittling another poster.

And looking at her post history ( I did this as well, in fact.) she has actually helped others and contributed to discussions plenty.

I will stop now, because I don't want to further derail this thread, (as my post doesn't really address the OP.) and I do hope the conversation will continue.

Edited by Swissbob