The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you ever feel sorry for that one guy who's trying to actually play HB?

Banderal

Had probably the quickest win in HB last night I've ever been in. We routinely had at least two people standing in their goal, and several up on the ramps for intermediate passes, and controlled mid. I mean... my **sniper** grabbed the ball off the stand and ran through the pit and passed up for a score. :) The other team... I don't know what they were doing. But then I saw that one guy, he grabbed the ball off the stand and tried to run it towards our goal. Then threw it away when he was about to die. I felt kind of sorry for him. Because I've been the one guy, from an entire team, trying to actually play HB. It totally sucks.

So here's giving some props to (generically) "that guy". Nice try. Sorry we still had to stop you. If I could vote other-team MVPs, I'd have picked you.

Once I got sh*ts from my team for playing HB... I was running with da ball (which I had to retake from enemy, as no one passed while dying), and got capsclocked on ops chat 'why FFS you run away u *****, kill that enemys'

shame I lost that print screen...

So here's giving some props to (generically) "that guy". Nice try. Sorry we still had to stop you. If I could vote other-team MVPs, I'd have picked you.

Anyone remember those " Real Men of Genius" commercials that bud light did awhile back? These last few sentences made me think that this topic should be one :D

On topic though, I always respect that guy. Was playing CW the other day and we three capped for a majority of the game so the score was pretty one sided. When they finally capped a node, their entire team sat on it to get some defender medals. Well, their entire team except for one lone sentinel who charged mid over and over. I would have MVP voted him

Yeah, know that feeling. Only one trying to score or trying to actually kill the ball carrier while getting repeatedly gang banged into the ground. You lose 6-1 where you managed to score your only point and end the match with 100k damage, only one over 1000 objective points, and like 15 deaths and the sentinel chasing people into the pit just to kill gets all the votes cause he ended with 400k damage, 2 kills, and 0 objective points.

That's class!

I've been "that guy" - and there were times where I was the one standing at the ledge, praying the enemy ball carrier would leap to me. Some games, you're just better off cutting your losses...like when you're down 4-0 after 3min and you watch 6 guys fighting off to the side against that one enemy player while the ball carrier and 3 others run in unscathed.

Anyone remember those " Real Men of Genius" commercials that bud light did awhile back? These last few sentences made me think that this topic should be one :D

On topic though, I always respect that guy. Was playing CW the other day and we three capped for a majority of the game so the score was pretty one sided. When they finally capped a node, their entire team sat on it to get some defender medals. Well, their entire team except for one lone sentinel who charged mid over and over. I would have MVP voted him

+1000000

Good to know I'm not the only one out there... even if we are all on different servers.

I'm always that guy. It really sucks. I hate when I grab the ball take 6 steps realize I need to pass and see no one. Then when I respawn there is 2 or 3 people fighting a tank/healer combo in the end zone.

What's even dumber is half the time they have KB's they aren't using to just clear them off and and get back to mid. No they have to fight every single person they come across. Or they stay behind you when you have the ball. Seriously it's ridiculous how many times I have the ball and get the 30% slow from the ball and people are way behind me. When I stop they stop, no one goes ahead for a pass.

So yes I do feel bad for myself a lot. I totally feel for the other guy too if should happen I get on a good team.

LOL, it's painfully true. I used to be that guy but I've learned over time that if you can't beat em... join em. Of course I have had those HB's where both teams are oblivious and I literally win it single handedly. Not too hard on a jug.

I find myself caring less and less about regs.

Edited by Baedwulf