My friends. I'm afraid I must take a break from this wonderful game...

I have too much vested in this game and I need to take a step back. Last night I broke down emotionally and cried for several hours after I lost a player versus player duel. After I was done crying, I realized that I needed to take a step back. There is something wrong if I'm letting something that happened in game affect me this deeply.

After I left my wife and daughter so I could play more, I was as happy as could be. I would log on average, 17 hours of game time per day. I have twelve level 55's who are all valor level 100. I felt accomplished. I felt like I was bigger than the game. After last night's defeat and emotional downfall that followed it, I realized that this isn't necessarily a good thing.

I know a lot of the younger gamers look up to me as a role model. I am here to tell you that there is more to life than this game. Don't get so immersed in your characters that you forget that as I have. I don't recommend playing for more than 7 hours straight at any time. I know this may sound weird coming from a gaming legend and a professional gamer, but take my word for it. You don't want to feel how I felt last night.

I don't know when I'll return.

May the force be with you all.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest bringing a groupie harem on vacation someplace distant and exotic. On second thought don't bring any groupies, you'll surely be found by a bunch wherever your destination is. A week of leisure and debauchery'll get you back on top of the pyramid.

I have too much vested in this game and I need to take a step back. Last night I broke down emotionally and cried for several hours after I lost a player versus player duel. After I was done crying, I realized that I needed to take a step back. There is something wrong if I'm letting something that happened in game affect me this deeply.

After I left my wife and daughter so I could play more, I was as happy as could be. I would log on average, 17 hours of game time per day. I have twelve level 55's who are all valor level 100. I felt accomplished. I felt like I was bigger than the game. After last night's defeat and emotional downfall that followed it, I realized that this isn't necessarily a good thing.

I know a lot of the younger gamers look up to me as a role model. I am here to tell you that there is more to life than this game. Don't get so immersed in your characters that you forget that as I have. I don't recommend playing for more than 7 hours straight at any time. I know this may sound weird coming from a gaming legend and a professional gamer, but take my word for it. You don't want to feel how I felt last night.

Why do I care?

I am very confused. My understanding was that this individual is a "Professional Gaming Legend." My understanding was that this individual was the greatest MMO player who has ever lived. I know he is a "Professional Gaming Legend" because he has said so himself.

Yet how is it that this "Professional Gaming Legend" could lose a simple player versus player duel?

It is clear that many of the truths we have taken for granted simply are not truths at all. We must come to grips with the fact that there are no "Professional Gaming Legends." There are only men who live in darkened basements who have not bathed since the Clinton administration.

I pulled a hamstring while running from a large flaming NPC i flirted with by accident, now i have a stalker constantly sending me ingame mail i tried to call the imp police dept but i keep being put on hold by a corrupted sith lord in the dark temple but of course this is not THE First... time