Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Hacking in PvP: An Unofficial Investigation

key-largo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of Voidstar matches where the gate drops (defending side) we drop down to the ledge to see which side majority of reds go, before they've even got half way to a door, bomb is planted. About 5 seconds from gate drop.

Doesn't happen. Let me guess, you think they are using some kind of speed hack...

"About 5 seconds from gate drop."

Please tell me you see what is wrong here..

In all fairness ive never actually timed it (too much of a random occurrence ), too busy watching which side, but i have tried it with shadow force speed and Trooper HTL and i can never get to the door in under 15 secs.

Some of this was pre- op roll aswell.

I dont know for sure, i just took it as such because i couldnt find any other plausible explanation outside of time dilation and black holes

There is a jedi knight ability that requires 30 stacks of centering and grants a speed boost to everybody in your group. I've been in a voidstar match where that ability was active on my side for practically the whole time (although it was the shortest voidstar victory I have ever experienced). I couldn't explain it. We just outran the defenders all the way to the end. Is it possible to keep that ability active all the time? Lots of knights using it in a coordinated manner perhaps? I was just PUGing, so perhaps I got in with a pre-made group that were cycling that ability extremely effectively. This was about 2 weeks ago, so I can't remember many details. The match was extremely brief.

There is a jedi knight ability that requires 30 stacks of centering and grants a speed boost to everybody in your group. I've been in a voidstar match where that ability was active on my side for practically the whole time (although it was the shortest voidstar victory I have ever experienced). I couldn't explain it. We just outran the defenders all the way to the end. Is it possible to keep that ability active all the time? Lots of knights using it in a coordinated manner perhaps? I was just PUGing, so perhaps I got in with a pre-made group that were cycling that ability extremely effectively. This was about 2 weeks ago, so I can't remember many details. The match was extremely brief.

Yes, that is possible, especially if you are rolling the other group.

There is a jedi knight ability that requires 30 stacks of centering and grants a speed boost to everybody in your group.

Transcendence. 50% speed boost, can be talented up to 80% in the combat tree. Lasts 10 seconds. Great ability, also gives a buff to defence.

Additionally, Valorous Call (I think it's called Rep side) gives instant 30 stacks. So it's Valorous Call > Transendence > Go! And it's easy to get back up to 30 when you're fighting to reapply.

Transcendence/Predation - chief source of speedhack complaints since December 2011.

Edited by Wainamoinen

I don't think this is a troll thread. I think it is a real problem that needs to be addressed. I see speed hacks and data hacks almost every day in PvP (sometimes more often)...Speed hacks are really obvious in Huttball, for example.

Op/GS roll 4 times while stealth and your capping in voidstar first door. If you have carnage speed boost can roll there in 3. yea bout 3-4 seconds I would guess.

I've done exactly this on my op...

I don't think this is a troll thread. I think it is a real problem that needs to be addressed. I see speed hacks and data hacks almost every day in PvP (sometimes more often)...Speed hacks are really obvious in Huttball, for example.

You are probably just desyncing.

I have played around 4000 regs, and around 500 rated games and have never seen any hacking. The closest thing I have seen to hacking is a few people exploiting bolster this patch, but even that is relatively isolated.

Transcendence. 50% speed boost, can be talented up to 80% in the combat tree. Lasts 10 seconds. Great ability, also gives a buff to defence.

Additionally, Valorous Call (I think it's called Rep side) gives instant 30 stacks. So it's Valorous Call > Transendence > Go! And it's easy to get back up to 30 when you're fighting to reapply.

Transcendence/Predation - chief source of speedhack complaints since December 2011.

Also FYI since 2.0 as combat/carnage spec there is a talent you can spec into which builds up 30 stacks as they use there regen (channel hatred/introspection) which can be used on a pred/trans. This makes double predation/trans possible by a single carnage mara/combat sent at the start of say a huttball. So ye it is possible when rolling a team for a carnage mara to keep pred up for a long time..

Edited by AngusFTW

there are so many bugs and sporadic lag lately, how can anyone by sure hacks are being used? In AG yesterday, i was capping a node, and a marauder leap to me from the rez spot, all the way to the node, with the rezgate still up. He did it twice. I was first thinking 'hack', but it could have been lag. In any event, i just left the WZ to not deal with either..

I am going to go out on a limb here and say 99.99% of "hacking" is people not understanding mechanics. Have you ever seen an operative "speed hack" aka roll with a full pred? Have you ever seen a jug "warp" up to the goal in huttball when actually they were jumping to a friendly stealther? Have you seen a marauder take "no damage" when getting hit by multiple people when really they used their defensive cool down?

I am not saying hacking doesn't happen, there is videos on YouTube I know, but it is very rare compared to simple misunderstandings.

Edited by Elboc

I've seen exactly one definite hacker in my time playing SWTOR, and that person was a moron who said they were "making a point" about how people "care more about speed hacks than 1 hit kill and invulnerability hacks", so in otherwords, they were a moron who couldn't kill people or stay alive and thus thought speed hacking would somehow help. I presume they are banned now given they were reported by pretty much everyone in the WZ.

There are 2 very rampant exploits (no not the augment one) that will cause the people in the WZ to de-sync and make everybody but the person doing it think they've hit a huge lag spike. Everybody already knows about the print screen one but the other one involves changing color crystals in your weapons. They happen ALL THE TIME and this may not be considered 'hacking' but it's a definite attack on the server and wz stability which may as well be considered a hack.

^^^ This is a hack. and no amount of mincing words or semantics will change that. I play on Jedi Covenant and cheating is commonplace now in all wzs on that server.

Bioware needs to do something or they will see more unsubs...pretending there isn't a problem, never works.

^^^ This is a hack. and no amount of mincing words or semantics will change that. I play on Jedi Covenant and cheating is commonplace now in all wzs on that server.

Bioware needs to do something or they will see more unsubs...pretending there isn't a problem, never works.

I have played a lot of games on Jedi Covenant, more then I would like to admit in public. There are very few cheats on the server. Most issues are bugs, I think I have only seen one or two cheats ever. Honestly, most complaining about cheating is L2P issues.

Cheers,

Hobi

Prime Defense

Jedi Covenant

I also play on Jedi Covenant and have reported about 8 cheaters to Bioware in April alone. I don't know if reporting does any good.

For those who don't think it's a problem: http://www.***********.com/forum/swtor-hacks-bots-cheats-exploits/index2.html or this http://www.**********.com/

or just do your own google search

Noto bene...speed hacks are ubiquitous.

If you do not believe hacking is rampant then either you have been extremely lucky in your wz experience, or possibly you are quite naive.

Edited by Cole-clark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.