Eric Musco please enlight me

Warrgames

But the value of the updated content is in effect $0, because it's also available to F2P.

That is not true.. They have to pay extra to get access to that content..

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Seriously.. Go read the restrictions.. They have to buy every coin they spend.. They do not get a monthly grant.. So for a F2P person to run Ops.. They have to buy the unlock.. So they have to buy the coins with real money, and then use the coins to buy the unlock for Ops.. The Unlock only lasts a week.. To keep playing Ops, they have to purchase the unlock each week.. The same is true for Warzones and space missions..

All updated content is free to subscribers?? When was the last time you had to pay extra to do an Op or a warzone?? Subscribers also got 50% off on the Makeb Expansion.. Again, that is value.. A F2P player doesn't even get Makeb unless they buy the expansion at twice the amount we did.. Even still, they won't have access to the new OP unless they purchase the unlock with the coins that they had to buy..

We get complementary coins for free.. Other than our subscription, we do not have to pay for anything..:)

Edited by MajikMyst

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if there was any way for subs to earn extra coins besides the normal allotment, achievements and the security key it should probably be limited to 100 coins a month. I propose they allow a max of 100 in game coins a month earned by either crafting or conversion from EC...1000 EC for one coin.

I get 700cc a month.. I am on the 6 month subscription, and I have a security key..

People that don't have the security key can increase the amount of CC they get 100 for just getting a security key.. Which is a free download to smartphone users..

We really don't need any more coins than what already get.. If people wasn't to blow their coins on packs, that is their choice.. Bioware does not need to accommodate people who just want to blow their money.. If they even attempt that, there will never be an amount that people will agree too.. Some folks will even demand that everything just be free... Oh wait.. They already have.. :rolleyes:

People would be better off just making the assumption that all new content is going in the Cartel Market.

Everything.

And if it isn't there it will be in DLC packs like 2.0.

By now, most people should understand this.

I will go out on a limb and say that eventually you probably won't be able to sell items out of cartel packs.

Calling out Eric...he does not make these decisions. He's only here to take the heat.

The ones deciding these things probably never open these forums. Ever.

This thread is just bait for people who sit on the forums 24/7 to defend Bioware.

If you don't agree with it; don't pay for it.

Edited by Tiaa

It just absolutely blows my mind. The psychology behind it is fascinating. People are actively coming out and saying "Take advantage of me." "Make me pay for new races" "Make me pay real money for character customization changes" "Do all this and I will still pay you every month."

I don't quite understand it. I can only link it back to brand-loyalty, which is another thing I don't understand logically speaking. What I do understand is the idea of being contrary for contrary's sake. It's just sad when that seeps into the actual personal philosophy of the person who's bored and looking to start a fight.

We can actually say the same about you.. I fail to see how we are paying for a new species.. We get complementary coins for free.. That makes the new species free..

Again, our coins can be used to pay for the use of the Kiosk.. But again.. People are just QQ'ing to QQ here.. Nobody knows how much it is going to cost or how much our discounts will be.. So what is the point complaining about things we don't know??

I would actually link it to a better understanding of economics or business.. The business model here is no different that what is being used in other MMO's.. The idea of complementary goods is as old as business itself.. There is nothing new here.. Nothing fancy.. Giving stuff away to attract new customers is as old as the hills... Seriously.. There is no issues here.. :)

Your talking about purchasing everything on the cartel market now, and im a lifetime subber on tsw, they dont give you enough coins to buy everything on the market and you have to purchased new missions and as a lifetimer i only get a 20% discount compared to full f2p peeps so that doesnt even qualify as close. Also tsw have a cap on bonus coins you can have so after a while it stops building and you have to spend them.

There is no limit on swtor or how long you can be a subscriber and the minimum cap on coins with a key and sub is 600, the max is unknown because you can get 600 a month alone from 6 month subs, you get the 100 for the key and you also get them for raffing people.

So like i said you want everything now or you would never have muttered "You'd be talking YEARS of saving to even put a dent into the content available at the Cartel Market at 500 Coins per month."

On that note you dont even require the bulk of things on the cm as a subber, you dont need the unlocks, you dont need the passes, the coins are a nice bypass for legacy and piloting but you dont need them either as you can get those ingame via currency. We dont have to pay for hk nor section x and other content like that.

Why should I pay $14.99 for two months to get 1000 coints needed to unlock Cathar when I can just be F2P and pay $9.99 once to get more than that amount at 1050 right away?

Why should I pay $14.99 for two months to get 1000 coints needed to unlock Cathar when I can just be F2P and pay $9.99 once to get more than that amount at 1050 right away?

Costs 600cc to unlock the Cathar.. I get 700cc per month as a subscriber.. I think your math is off.. :rolleyes:

At the very least, a subscriber gets 500cc.. They can add 100cc by just getting a security key which is a free download for smartphones users.. For a total of 600cc per month..

Again.. Check your math...

Edited by MajikMyst

Costs 600cc to unlock the Cathar.. I get 700cc as a subscriber.. I think your math is off.. :rolleyes:

The base amount is only 500 for having a subscription. You may have a security key or other stuff.. not everybody is you.

By all means yes, go buy yourselves passes and authorizations everyweek at the modest prica of all a preferred player's credit cap :)

The base amount is only 500 for having a subscription. You may have a security key or other stuff.. not everybody is you.

That still doesn't change anything.. Your post is somewhat pointless.. So you have to wait an extra month to get the Cathar.. Big deal.. It is still free.. If you honestly think it would be better to unsub and then purchase to coins from the store.. Be my guest.. Don't forget to buy all the extra coins to unlock everything that a subscriber gets and enough to have your 500cc slush fund to do what you want with.. You then let us all know who actually pays more.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

That still doesn't change anything.. Your post is somewhat pointless.. So you have to wait an extra month to get the Cathar.. Big deal.. It is still free.. If you honestly think it would be better to unsub and then purchase to coins from the store.. Be my guest.. Don't forget to buy all the extra coins to unlock everything that a subscriber gets and enough to have your 500cc slush fund to do what you want with.. You then let us all know who actually pays more.. :rolleyes:

Everything can be unlocked via the GTN. You don't have to spend a single coin to get to the same status as a subscriber.

I realize your trying to insult and downgrade people in your posts but that is beside the point.

The only real reason to subscribe to this game is to show your loyalty to the product. It's not because it's 'better' to do so.

By all means yes, go buy yourselves passes and authorizations everyweek at the modest prica of all a preferred player's credit cap :)

Which validates the point that getting free coins a month means nothing when you can unlock everything you need via in-game credits. So why subscribe?

Everything can be unlocked via the GTN. You don't have to spend a single coin to get to the same status as a subscriber.

I realize your trying to insult and downgrade people in your posts but that is beside the point.

The only real reason to subscribe to this game is to show your loyalty to the product. It's not because it's 'better' to do so.

If you feel that way then please.. Cancel your sub and be done with it..

All the unlucks on the GTN were purchased on the Cartel Market by someone.. A smart move by Bioware.. People will buy them to sell and make credits.. You can thank subscribers for that.. We are the only ones with the lack of need and the extra coins to do that..

You are welcome.. :D

Edited by MajikMyst

hows about you pay 1 months sub and get a key, problem solved.

Which validates the point that getting free coins a month means nothing when you can unlock everything you need via in-game credits. So why subscribe?

And if you feel like thats right then go for it and fill your boots, work out how much its gonna cost you to get all your unlocks that come with subscription and all the char slots your going to have to unlock, then your passes and dont have the discounts that come with the sub or the exp bonus and priority q'ing to get on the server when the servers if on heavy setting from subs.

If you can get around all this with in game credits then like i say go for it. Thats is of course if you can afford all that with the credit cap. And then feel the pleasure of when things come onto the cm that your gonna have to get your wallet out and buy more coins then you need to buy em.

Edited by Shingara

Your point is not validated and your views are somewhat naïve at best..

You are not taking into account how those things got on the GTN.. The only way your point is valid if Bioware is stocking the GTN.. We all know that isn't true.. Don't we??

As I said in my previous post.. Someone had to purchase them.. Bioware got their money.. They were most likely purchased by subscribers.. We have the cash to burn, and we don't need them.. Makes perfect sense.. Consider it a public service.. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of things that you should consider before making your grand statements.. Like the credit cap, as stated above..

I am not trying to downgrade or insult anyone.. But your posts are actually quite amusing.. You are making statements without an understanding of how things work..

If you honestly think there is no point to being a subscriber.. Then by all means go unsub and enjoy life as a Preferred player.. Be my guest.. We will see how you feel when you have to buy every cartel coin you want to spend.. We will see how you feel when you have to use all your 250k credits just to get all your unlocks..

Edited by MajikMyst

hows about you pay 1 months sub and get a key, problem solved.

And if you feel like go for it and fill your boots, work out how much its gonna cost you to get all your unlocks that come with subscription and all the char slots your going to have to unlock, then your passes and dont have the discounts that come with the sub or the exp bonus and priority q'ing to get on the server when the servers if on heavy setting from subs.

If you can get around all this with in game credits then like i say go for it. Thats is of course if you can afford all that with the credit cap. And then feel the pleasure of when things come onto the cm that your gonna have to get your wallet out and buy more coins then you need to buy em.

I have already purchased most of these things. Extra character slots, Section X access and equipment authorization.

I don't do space missions or pvp but have done some Ops now and then. You may be right in that subbing is not something that is worth it for me at this point, which is what I was trying to understand. Thank you.

It hasn't changed and you have offered no evidence that it has.. F2P had no impact on the value of our subscription.. Absolutely none!! Nothing has changed for us.. We still have the same access, the same benefits, for the same price.. If anything, value was added in the way of complementary coins..

The concept of Free Trial has no impact on the value of the product or the price to get it.. :rolleyes:

Of course we still have the same access that we always had. The devalue comes from everyone else having free access to 80% of that.

I have already purchased most of these things. Extra character slots, Section X access and equipment authorization.

I don't do space missions or pvp but have done some Ops now and then. You may be right in that subbing is not something that is worth it for me at this point, which is what I was trying to understand. Thank you.

well good luck then, you just enjoy paying more for repairs, having that credit cap, not having medical probes and having to buy fleet passes, paying for respecs, 10 gtn sales spots and longer cool downs and your ingame credits going no where near as far not to mention the 350k in game credit cap that doesnt refill when you empty it from any money you didnt spend before becoming prefered. I did notice you didnt mention title unlocks, unify colurs etc so im guessing you best buy them now too.

Edited by Shingara

So its OK to take away features from sub as long as you updating the pages that tell us we get said features. Since this is the case let me guess at the next few updates.

2.2 Sub will get 20 WZ and FP anymore and you'll have to buy a pass off the CM. Its OK we updated the listed for sub features and who really needs to do more then 20 WZ or FP a week.

2.3 New OP but Sub will have to buy a pass week pass for it. Its OK we update list of what Sub get. You already have an Op you can run.

So Eric how long before you take away all "benefits" of being sub?

I will admit i havent been loging on as much lately but i can asure BW if they did something like this making subers buy passes it will be the hair that broke the camels back for me.

What if he doesnt care about warzones and flashpoints?

well good luck then, you just enjoy paying more for repairs, having that credit cap, not having medical probes and having to buy fleet passes, longer cool downs and your ingame credits going no where near as far not to mention the 350k in game credit cap that doesnt refill when you empty it from any money you didnt spend before becoming prefered. I did notice you didnt mention title unlocks, unify colurs etc so im guessing you best buy them now too.

Not really sure why your still badgering me about this... as I stated you helped me decide and thanked you.

Those other things don't interest me (titles, colors and so forth) but thank you again for your contribution.

Your point is not validated and your views are somewhat naïve at best..

You are not taking into account how those things got on the GTN.. The only way your point is valid if Bioware is stocking the GTN.. We all know that isn't true.. Don't we??

As I said in my previous post.. Someone had to purchase them.. Bioware got their money.. They were most likely purchased by subscribers.. We have the cash to burn, and we don't need them.. Makes perfect sense.. Consider it a public service.. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of things that you should consider before making your grand statements.. Like the credit cap, as stated above..

I am not trying to downgrade or insult anyone.. But your posts are actually quite amusing.. You are making statements without an understanding of how things work..

If you honestly think there is no point to being a subscriber.. Then by all means go unsub and enjoy life as a Preferred player.. Be my guest.. We will see how you feel when you have to buy every cartel coin you want to spend.. We will see how you feel when you have to use all your 250k credits just to get all your unlocks..

Interesting... you say you dont pay for cartel coins but yet say someone has to pay for the unlocks to put on the GTN. Way to contradict yourself :)

Secondly, it doesnt matter if someone else purchased them. All that matters is the person buying it on the GTN didnt pay a penny.

Not really sure why your still badgering me about this... as I stated you helped me decide and thanked you.

Those other things don't interest me (titles, colors and so forth) but thank you again for your contribution.

whos badgering, im simply stating good luck with all those limitations that your going to have to spend either your ingame credits on or real currency, which you might aswell do cos you cant have more then 350k on prefered and none of the discounts or bonus's from being subbed.

Edited by Shingara

Of course we still have the same access that we always had. The devalue comes from everyone else having free access to 80% of that.

But that is not a devalue.. There is where your mistake is.. Free trials are in every MMO one way or another.. Be it F2P or just to level 20 or 25.. They in no way detract from the value of the game as a subscriber..

That would be like saying that millions of magazines that companies send out to attract new customers devalue their product with their current subscribers.. It is just a silly statement..

It is also a false statement to say that they have free access to 80% of the game.. Their access is extremely restricted.. They don't even have access to the entire UI..

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

80% of the game is not leveling.. I am surprised you are actually trying to make that claim.. :rolleyes:

Interesting... you say you dont pay for cartel coins but yet say someone has to pay for the unlocks to put on the GTN. Way to contradict yourself :)

Oh give me a break!! Seriously?? Yes they are bought with Cartel coins.. Even free cartel coins.. There is no contradiction.. Dude?? What about this do you not understand??

Subscribers get free coins.. Free coins used for buy unlocks to put on the GTN.. Where is the contradiction?? This is simple stuff here!! :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

whos badgering, im simply stating good luck with all those limitations that your going to have to spend either your ingame credits on or real currency, which you might aswell do cos you cant have more then 350k on prefered and none of the discounts or bonus's from being subbed.

I've decided to try the game on preferred status whilst paying $9.99 a month for 1050 coins and see how that goes.

If I find the limitations you describe as too frustrating then I will consider subscribing again, though that does feel like I'm just going to be paying to NOT be frustrated.. which seems odd for a game.

Edited by Avatarless