Republic might be better than Imp at PvP on JC....

YanksfanJP

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say alot of nubs choose G. Run in and fumble with tab targeting while standing in one spot as the enemy team interrupts your teammate capping the node with 1 second left on the cap.

it's even worse on the imperial side. H: watch people arrive, ignore them while your buddy is capping, get your buddy killed and then run away while you get stabbed in the back with a 10 foot lightsaber

Edited by Cent

I hate when people complain about 4 man pre-mades. Do they not realize that they also have the ability to form a 4man if they wanted to or ACTUALLY put some work into creating a guild. If you solo q that is by your own choice and you shouldn't be upset if you go up against 4man teams.

I hate when people complain about 4 man pre-mades. Do they not realize that they also have the ability to form a 4man if they wanted to or ACTUALLY put some work into creating a guild. If you solo q that is by your own choice and you shouldn't be upset if you go up against 4man teams.

I'm fairly confident that ~80% of the premade QQ isn't actually about "premades" but about premades with 4 UC/LD50/PD/whatever. you know...4 great players -- the best 4 in the WZ -- all on the same team. telling average joe to go form up his own premade is disingenuous. his 4m is going to get dragged across the floor and spawn camped just like his pug.

think what you will of that, just please let's not pretend that "you can form your own grp" in any way addresses the core imbalance that the premade QQ is on about.

I'm fairly confident that ~80% of the premade QQ isn't actually about "premades" but about premades with 4 UC/LD50/PD/whatever. you know...4 great players -- the best 4 in the WZ -- all on the same team. telling average joe to go form up his own premade is disingenuous. his 4m is going to get dragged across the floor and spawn camped just like his pug.

think what you will of that, just please let's not pretend that "you can form your own grp" in any way addresses the core imbalance that the premade QQ is on about.

From your post it's simply that the QQ is about having no talent... I will say that a 4 man group WITH VOICE COMMS that play together often WILL fair better.

Swijr

From your post it's simply that the QQ is about having no talent... I will say that a 4 man group WITH VOICE COMMS that play together often WILL fair better.

Swijr

it is. they just don't (all) know it. voice is a slight advantage. slight. it only comes into play when the field is relatively balanced to begin with.

Edited by foxmob

This is mind blowing.....

What's sad is that is for some. The fact that I have to say it pains me.

it is. they just don't (all) know it. voice is a slight advantage. slight. it only comes into play when the field is relatively balanced to begin with.

No, it's not slight, it's huge. There's zero delay and instant reaction. I don't have to type "How's West?" and get back "WE NEED HELP" only to run there as the damn node turns. Agreed, they could have called 'inc' but could have been blind ganked and didn't have time to type or they would have surely died.

Chat is a HUGE bonus to all team games...

Swijr

Edited by Swijr

Chuuch

What's sad is that is for some. The fact that I have to say it pains me.

No, it's not slight, it's huge. There's zero delay and instant reaction. I don't have to type "How's West?" and get back "WE NEED HELP" only to run there as the damn node turns. Agreed, they could have called 'inc' but could have been blind ganked and didn't have time to type or they would have surely died.

Chat is a HUGE bonus to all team games...

Swijr

no. it's not. an obvious difference between the elite players and everyone else is their output (dps/hps), but the fact of the matter is they know how to play (objectives, focus, and -- big one -- what to look out for). translation, they never need to say "how is west?" that IS a waste of time (we agree). they can look at the map and see who is up. they focus target the lone guard on the east door to monitor his hp. they can count the number of red and green plates at a "hot" node and move back to the off node when the green begins to outnumber the red. they manage their cds and positioning better. all of that trumps the hell out of 1s saved typing "2g." I'm sorry if you think it doesn't. I'm sorry that you think you have a fighting chance against them because you're in vent and save yourself that 1s. but you're wrong.

Edited by foxmob

"How's West" matters when you DON'T know your team and don't realize who's where. For me (if I'm healing) I may not have time to hit the map, see who's there and who's else where (since not everyone is where they should be) and figure out how West really is.

So if we have 4 in voice and can send 1/2 to one point and the rest to another, the's a huge help.

You can go on and on about how the big PVP teams will out skill you, and they will; but why? Find a group of people to play with and low and behold, you might actually find decent players that get better as a group and OMG>>> win games!!?!?!?!

*edit - I'm working on my scoundrel atm, but when I'm 55, (currently 41) feel free to jump in our mumble when I'm on or if you're in a game with me.

Edited by Swijr

so let's say eumelia, cates, dargos and...gimme a ranged...wooky are 4m'ing it. and let's give them pugs who can read chat and do what they're told...or just stealth guard. type 1g. and sap until big dps comes to kill the incs.

your 4m in voice with the same 4 pugs as the other team is going to get their clocks cleaned. on any map. now it's possible that you have a 4m of similar skill on your team or their pugs are terribad and you can continually take nodes from them. that's the only way you win. the fact that you're on voice has nothing to do with it. they don't need voice at all to crush you with even pugs.

ppl don't complain because they just lost a close game with a bunch of pugs vs. a bloodline 4m with some pugs. they complain about premades when they get utterly annihilated by a 4m from AD, RG, PD, LD, etc. they complain when they're in a pug grp and the other team obviously landed two 4m's (dif guilds). the former is skill. the latter is matchmaking. neither outcome is affected by voice.

Let's clear up something right now. These threads are a fallacy and fall victim to the self selection bias. The average player only participates in a fraction of all warzones played throughout a 24 hour period. Unless you have access to the win/loss records of every warzone or you can find a way to accurately sample the population, you will have no way to apply your subjective experience to the broader population.

As Swijr mentioned, our mumble is open to ALL PvPers, regardless of faction, to enhance and elevate the level of competetive PvP in Star Wars: The Old Republic. I encourage anyone interested to drop by or message one of us in game.

See you in game.

-Viphen