Republic might be better than Imp at PvP on JC....

YanksfanJP

...if you're in a premade. If you're just pugging, the level of skill on Republic side seems to be exceptionally low. Letting healers freecast, not playing objectives... it's pretty sad. Makes it hard to win for the weekly unless you are in a guild that runs premades. Edited by YanksfanJP

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... Negative.

I haven't gotten my operative to 55 yet, mostly b/c concealment is useless and I'm bad at it anyways, so I can't say for sure. The few I've done at 53 have been incredibly more coordinated than I've been used to in the past. Not as coordinated as I've seen on imp on POT5, but pretty damn good.

I haven't gotten my operative to 55 yet, mostly b/c concealment is useless and I'm bad at it anyways, so I can't say for sure. The few I've done at 53 have been incredibly more coordinated than I've been used to in the past. Not as coordinated as I've seen on imp on POT5, but pretty damn good.

Every sub-55 warzone I've been on my low level imperial has been not just a win, but an easy win vs. republic. But on my 55 republic toon, it's about 90% losses if you're in a full 8-man pug. Unless you're in one of the couple of republic guilds that is good and runs premades, it's a pretty steady stream of losses since you usually end up on the receiving end of the smackdown in the very-common republic vs republic "simulation" warzones.

I figure the explanation is that most of the baddie Imperials rolled republic for the expansion because they were tired of getting rolled. Made Imperials better as a whole by subtraction.

Edited by YanksfanJP

Throw my two cents in here:

First, no the imps are not dominant......getting better, more competitive.....but not dominant.

Second, I do agree that the imp's are playing more and more pug groups that are unorganized.

Finally, I think the bolster has helped to bring a balance to the pvp community. I really cannot believe I just said that because I was so opposed to it initially but, after being able to play both sides, I do think it has helped. PVP is not so gear dependant as it was in the past. The imp side, before 2.0, experienced an influx of new 50's in recruit.....no match for a well geared, experience pub group. With that factor taken out of the equation, now pvp is based more on skill, class knowledge, rotations, etc.....

If you better, you win!

Now, with that being said, I still do not support the bolster 100%. I am able to see the pros and cons of it now and, although I may not agree with everything, I can appreciate the balance which has led to a more competitive game play.

Edited by Nickodemous

Finally, I think the bolster has helped to bring a balance to the pvp community. I really cannot believe I just said that because I was so opposed to it initially but, after being able to play both sides, I do think it has helped. PVP is not so gear dependant as it was in the past. The imp side, before 2.0, experienced an influx of new 50's in recruit.....no match for a well geared, experience pub group. With that factor taken out of the equation, now pvp is based more on skill, class knowledge, rotations, etc.....

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what's ruining Pub PVP. It seems, to me at least, as if a multitude of PVE all-stars have crawled out of their Operation/Flashpoint holes and decided to queue up post-expansion. Just about every game there's consistently 1 - 3 PVE gear clad champions running about getting < 100k damage and/or heals in full length matches. DPS with 33k HP, stupidly high damage primary/bonus damage AND 1500 expertise whilst wearing not a scrap of PVP gear doing absolutely nothing.

I'd wager that some of them use MAYBE one ability/10 seconds.

Edited by piquERA

My level 41 scoundrel healer went somewhere around in just the past two nights. Completely undefeated Saturday night. My 55 sniper still only 2/9 for my weekly, so no... I'm not seeing it.

Then again, I pretty much only queue solo. Maybe I'm just not getting on these awesome imp teams.

Edited by ace_boogie

I guess I can't argue with that, though I didn't have much issue on Makeb since silvers were dying inside my first stun and golds would die inside the second stun. Larger groups could be somewhat tough if I didn't have my Orbital Strike though.

I guess I can't argue with that, though I didn't have much issue on Makeb since silvers were dying inside my first stun and golds would die inside the second stun. Larger groups could be somewhat tough if I didn't have my Orbital Strike though.

Oh, my bad. I was referring to pvp. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, they do quite well otherwise leveling, though my shadow took out packs of mobs way quicker.

Edited by randiesel

In my experience with PvP, pubs seem to gather groups and comunicate better than imps. When I run wz's with my guildmates it becomes much easier to win because we know half our team is decent and have at least 1 healer. Call outs happen and strategic moves are made.

Every server I have been on the pubs have been better than the imps. This includes all the server merges. Even some of those servers that got merged into CO had a "supposed" better imp side. That notion didn't last long.

There is a steady pattern here. Ill let you all figure it out ;)

On a side note. You can pretty much sum up the bad players as the imp side emo bieber kids who can't get a long and the pub side as 40 year old Luke Skywalker role players. You figure out which one is worse at PvP lol.

Edited by Utopii

really shouldn't discuss lowbie in this conversation. it always has been and always will be a complete crapshoot. yes, premades will run lowbie. and yes, they can be the most lopsided matches in the game. however, there is always a HUGE variation of players and skill levels in the lowbie pool. if you "never won" before as an imp or a pub, you either aren't very good or are extremely unlucky. there are far more poor players in lowbie (% wise). I don't consider this debatable. but...I'm sure someone will.

We have an open mumble chat for 55 and sub 55 pvp. We're on most sides, feel free to jump in and get with our premades. We're not the best, but the open communication helps a ton!

Swijr

Every server I have been on the pubs have been better than the imps. This includes all the server merges. Even some of those servers that got merged into CO had a "supposed" better imp side. That notion didn't last long.

On a side note. You can pretty much sum up the bad players as the imp side emo bieber kids who can't get a long and the pub side as 40 year old Luke Skywalker role players. You figure out which one is worse at PvP lol.

What's the most amazing to me is how the populations on both factions seem to be so similar (I have toons on both sides and the fleet populations are always comparable, with the same number of instances... some nights it even feels like Imps have MORE people), and yet there are sooooo many more Republic PvP'ers so that there are a lot of Pub v Pub games.

As to your question, I think I'll take the emo bieber kiddies over the RP Skywalker old farts in a close one for the ages.

Seen quite a bit of imp premades also so you really can't say that pubs HAVE to group queue to win. My team has won most of the time against imp premades. It is fine to hear you guys are winning more but just because you win a couple of games doesn't mean claims like this hold any truth lol. Edited by Daskillz

When we were on CO, and when I was actually pvp'ing regularly; i felt that there was a lot of going back and forth on the win/loss rate. Sometimes we would be up against a majority LD50 pre-made, and we would have a good time battling it out; win some, lose some. Back then I didn't mind solo Q'ing; now since the server merge I can't stand to solo Q on my operative or my SIN tank. I am still trying to figure out how a commando/merc can hit me for 11-14K as a tank with 1900 expertise lol. Forget about playing my operative, get 4 hits in with concealment and your dead. Heal spec is eh, pump out some 800k healing wz, but i get my *** handed to me 10x worse.

As to when to Q up on sub-55 pvp or lvl 55 pvp is really random. I have been off work the last month due to my wife had our son, and I have been jumping into WZ in both lowbie and lvl 55 PVP. Sometimes its a rick roll that goes both ways, others its a great fight to the end; which I enjoy those more than a straight *** kicking.

I don't mind going up against a pre-mades, or against LD50 for that matter. My problem is when people quit and give up. I've pvp'd against LD50 on our original server, and it's good to see them leading the pack here. I just wish the imp side had something going from our old server as I hardly see anyone I know anymore pvp'ing from CO now.

see you in a WZ in the future, Morce out

Still up to your old shenanigans i see!

My level 41 scoundrel healer went somewhere around in just the past two nights. Completely undefeated Saturday night. My 55 sniper still only 2/9 for my weekly, so no... I'm not seeing it.

Then again, I pretty much only queue solo. Maybe I'm just not getting on these awesome imp teams.

I can see where that would be a problem. I mean...if they're already Qing with 8. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.