Expertise... gone?

Airsucker

Someone explain to me why my War Hero set, which I worked on for months and months so I could survive in world pvp, is now expertise-less. I understand that there was an issue with War Hero gear and its expertise not behaving properly in warzones, but why penalize my world pvp? How is that fair?

Months? o_0

Logging in for 3 hours each month?

3 hours per day and in less than a week you'll have full partisan. With the change expertise got, you will be able to massacre people wearing pve gear while not in WZ's. We're talking about 13k mauls and 10k assassinates...

Edit: Unless you got WH set pre 1.7, but still geting partisan = less than a week.

Edited by Yelloweyedemon

You mean you manage to play three hours every day. Isn't your life enviable? I wasted many hours of my life getting full war hero and elite war hero set for Bioware to pull this **** again so if the guy wants to complain about it he is within his rights. Edited by Jurakan

Someone explain to me why my War Hero set, which I worked on for months and months so I could survive in world pvp, is now expertise-less. I understand that there was an issue with War Hero gear and its expertise not behaving properly in warzones, but why penalize my world pvp? How is that fair?

Because the game has been expanded, the level cap increased and lvl 50 gear is no longer used in endgame. Therefore expertise is not needed on gear pre 55.

Pve gear is bis pre 55 (arguable but still) just as it was bis pre 50 before the expansion was launched.

Only idiots farmed wh/ewh right up till 2.0s launch and only idiots actually thought there wh/ewh gear was going to be optimal at any point at 55.

As far as world pvp goes...... that is a marginal set back... how often are you getting into pvp exchanges on makeb until you hit 55?

Answer. Not very many.

Edited by Exeeter

Must be your first MMO.

Outdated gear isn't as useful. I know Shocker...........:eek:

You mean you manage to play three hours every day. Isn't your life enviable? I wasted many hours of my life getting full war hero and elite war hero set for Bioware to pull this **** again so if the guy wants to complain about it he is within his rights.

why do you need to play 3 hours a day?

if you wanted to be effective in PvP right away at 55, you should have prepared by maxing out comms before you hit 55.

and it doesnt take 3 hours to do the PvP daily quests. between just the dailies you should be able to average a new piece of Partisan gear every 1-2 days, and that is playing 1-2 hours a day tops (there are some days where i can finish the daily in under and hour).

what people *do* have a right to complain about is the time required to augment stuff. PvPers have a tough time making credits, and it is a very, very large investment to fully augment your gear. you can get a full set of Partisan gear in 1-2 weeks with very casual play. it will take at least a month to fully augment that gear with the same playstyle, if not longer

OP.........Expertise is gone because those too lazy to grind for the elite WH gear complained they were getting killed too easily in war zones. I know...big f'ing surprise that someone with 800 expertise was getting wiped out. Good news is , now it's all about how well you can handle your toon now. Bad news is , those that get out played will start complaining about getting the **** kicked out of them, bioware will nerf bolster and then patch some new handicap for those pvp challenged. Edited by skincarver

cashogy_reborn good point but on that same line of thinking you can't complain when you finish augmenting all of your conqueror gear (i did already) and then the gear gets removed or has expertise taken out of it on the next update. The only difference is that EWH gear was much cheaper to augment than lv 55 gear but it's the same principle. Besides what is the point of the bolster system if their gonna be doing that crap ? Might as well pvp in pve gear and not spend a freaking hour of your life farming ranked coms. Edited by Jurakan

.......... and it is a very, very large investment to fully augment your gear. you can get a full set of Partisan gear in 1-2 weeks with very casual play. it will take at least a month to fully augment that gear with the same play style, if not longer

Hmmm....large investments, only because the MK-9 components and augments corresponding are insanely priced by those who make them. That might be a reason.

However I HARDLY see any incentive to buy the Partisan gear. The stats are lower that EWH (except the expertise) and since there's this bolster, my PVE gear is working better than any Partisan. Currently it is useless for me.

The only reason to buy it is to be able to exchange it into Conqueror set, but that's not much incentive.

I think most people missed what I was annoyed about. I'm not annoyed about the warzone aspect. I'll just use my pve set for now or something. I'm annoyed with WORLD PVP. As it stands, I have no Partisan gear because I'm never on. I'm 55, but when I wanna do dailies or something, I have no defense against griefers in full Partisan gear. I could care less about the warzone part of the expertise removal on lower gear. I'm annoyed they took the quick fix rather than actually addressing the real issue.

TL: DR

Gimme my damn expertise back for world pvp until I can get Partisan gear.

Edit:

Or let me turn my war hero stuff in for Partisan pieces at a credit cost.

Edited by Airsucker

I think most people missed what I was annoyed about. I'm not annoyed about the warzone aspect. I'll just use my pve set for now or something. I'm annoyed with WORLD PVP. As it stands, I have no Partisan gear because I'm never on. I'm 55, but when I wanna do dailies or something, I have no defense against griefers in full Partisan gear. I could care less about the warzone part of the expertise removal on lower gear. I'm annoyed they took the quick fix rather than actually addressing the real issue.

Edit:

Well, this situation isn't fundamentally different from fully PvP-geared opponent stomping people with lesser gear. Warhero basically has Campaign PvE stats (mainstat, Endurance) post 2.0, and I sincerely doubt that your War Hero 12k Expertise would improve your chances considerably vs a Partisan-geared player.

Edited by Helig

Edit:

No and no.

What part of "your ewh gear is obsolete vs end game gear at 55" do you not understand.?

This is not just a basic update with a new tier of gear, if that were the case, then sure, but its not, its an expansion,

Also, I'm up to date on the patch notes and reasons why it happened. I just find it hard to believe that they couldn't have fixed it so that they didn't need to remove the expertise.

Ermmm.....?????:confused::confused:

This thread sure contains new and exciting information.

Seriously though, I'm super tired of these kinds of complaints. Get over it already, level to 55, and get some new PvP gear. If you're worried about lowbie world PvP, news flash: no one else has it either.

Never on a PVP server. Ran into some pubs a few times but they avoided any PVP.

Because the game has been expanded, the level cap increased and lvl 50 gear is no longer used in endgame. Therefore expertise is not needed on gear pre 55.

Pve gear is bis pre 55 (arguable but still) just as it was bis pre 50 before the expansion was launched.

Only idiots farmed wh/ewh right up till 2.0s launch and only idiots actually thought there wh/ewh gear was going to be optimal at any point at 55.

As far as world pvp goes...... that is a marginal set back... how often are you getting into pvp exchanges on makeb until you hit 55?

Answer. Not very many.

The solution to all of this nonsense is:

1. Remove bolster until it's sufficiently tested.

2. Re tier warzones as 10-49, and 50-55.

3. Remove expertise from the 10-49 bracket and scale it like before 2.0..

4. Re-introduce WH and EWH gear. Allow players who had their prior sets lobotomized to trade their old WH/EWH shells for a new set of WH/EWH gear. WH/EWH would take over as the new "starter gear" in the higher bracket, similar to the role previously filled by recruit gear.

5. Make WH/EWH gear purchasable via WZ commendations starting at level 10, but not usable until level 50. All PVPers would/should then have a full set by the time they get to level 50, allowing them basic protection in the 50-55 bracket. Once they hit level 50, they could then use their remaining saved WZ commendations to begin purchasing partisan and/or conqueror gear.