The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ion pulse 30% extra crit damage? bugged?

Quantemoq

i know that from the 2.0 description of "assault trooper" one should recieve a 30% extra crit damage boost to : "plasma cell, high impact bolt, ion pulse, incendary round, and assault plastique."

but my ion pulse doesn't recieve it when i crit.

is that a know a bug ?

Edited by Quantemoq

I'm calling it right now.

Patch 2.2 this will be adressed like this:

"Ion Pulse has now been removed from the Assault Trooper talent, and the talent should now work as intended."

You all know it's going to happen.

They just recently added IP to Assault Trooper, don't think they will remove it if they just added it.

We've also got confirmation that it is working on the Pyrotech side but not working properly for Assault VG's. I highly doubt they will take the nerf bat to Pyro's/Assualt VG's again...I hope.

I agree that they will fix it in either 2.1 or 2.2 but they will make it apply the surge properly to IP, not update the tooltip.

Why this is not listed as a fix in patch 2.1? This is not a hard fix, and it is surely AGAINST the favours of republic side, because it perfectly works for EMPIRE but DOESNT WORK FOR REPUBLIC.

Again, we would like to see that changed sooner than in a month.

well the feat that gave arsenal mercs 30% extra crit damage was bugged and did not work back in the days.

even though since the very beginning people were posting in the forums about that bug , it took about 4 months to fix it.

Notice that the bug report in the Bounty Hunter forum gets answered directly by a designer, eight days after the initial complaint: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=622439. This trooper thread has been active for about 15 days. I don't want to discourage developers/designers from posting in the forums, but I gotta say... I have never seen Troopers treated better than Bounty Hunters.

Here some historical examples of systematic bias in favor of Bounty Hunters. I realize about half of these have been fixed, but they do still serve my point.

• Plasma Cell DOT damage used to tick twice on Republic side, three times on Imperial side
  • Bounty Hunter ammo regen effectively was always one tier higher than Trooper ammo regen, thanks to their effective +4 ammo cells
  • Mortar Volley had an enormous delay in time between channel onset and damage onset, while Death From Above began dealing damage almost instantly
  • Grav Round's projectile traveled significantly slower than Tracer Missile; this pushed back Full Auto procs and made Commandos even weaker in PvP by delaying the time before they can actually start dealing damage in a fight
  • The Commando healer's free heal is animated as a bright green beam; at one end is a weak/low-health target in need of healing, and at the other end is a healer. If you follow this green beam to either end, it is hard to not find a soft target. The Mercenary free heal is much harder to trace back
  • Not sure about this one: I know that the Vanguard taunt has a delay of a few tenths of a second because it is also a projectile. I'm not sure if Powertechs also experience a taunt delay, but I have seen about 3 threads on the Vanguard taunt delay and I've seen 0 threads about Powertech taunt delays

Edited by MGNMTTRN

The strangest thing, I respecced to assault again and the skill seems to hit for 3+k pre-plasma cell. Either a stealth fix or I don't know what.

Well IT DOESNT WORK. You do the parse please and stop wasting time and missleading.

Well IT DOESNT WORK. You do the parse please and stop wasting time and missleading.

Listen, man. I don't get so anally technical with my gaming and am perfectly content to go by the seat of pants, as it were. All I know is when I initially redistributed points on 4/14 IP was critting for the same ~2k as before the patch. Now its 3+k before the dot. Maybe I am seeing things, getting something wrong. But full assault seems to be performing better with 0 equipment change.

Edited by Aelaias

• Dev Post

Hi there folks,

I can confirm that there is a bug with Assault Trooper; it's not increasing the crit bonus damage for Ion Pulse, just like the OP stated. This issue is slated to be fixed in Game Update 2.1.1, but we also have not completed testing, so there's always a chance that the patch number could change. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Hi there folks,

I can confirm that there is a bug with Assault Trooper; it's not increasing the crit bonus damage for Ion Pulse, just like the OP stated. This issue is slated to be fixed in Game Update 2.1.1, but we also have not completed testing, so there's always a chance that the patch number could change. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Yay! :)

Hopefully, that bug gets fixed as well in the next patch. It affects all vanguards, commandos, powertechs, and mercenaries.

I thought it was working on the powertech / merc side, but was not working with Assault Trooper on the Rep side, so the fix would not impact the Imp side.

I thought it was working on the powertech / merc side, but was not working with Assault Trooper on the Rep side, so the fix would not impact the Imp side.

I was referring to the bug report mentioned by the individual in the text I quoted.