The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tyrant / Liberator of Ilum

M_A_White

Hey,

I'm a bit of an achievement hunter and I've been on Ilum trying to track down the list of Elite / Champion mobs on both Republic and Imperial sides. I've scoured the web for the ones I can't find on my own but I thought this would be a good place for anyone that knows the locations to post them for any other achievement hunters like me to grab.

Personally, I'm kinda stuck on "Tyrant of Ilum" as I can't find the Imperial Armsmaster and the Imperial Field Officer ANYWHERE. Kind of hoping they're not in phases that I no longer have access to <_<

Anyone that wants to contribute locations should feel free. And just because the subject title specifies the Tyrant / Liberator of Ilum achievements, don't let that discourage you from posting similar lists for other planets if there are any.

I'm kinda in the same boat, aside of the bestiary of which I haven't found any of the three. THe field officer is indeed nowhere to be found.

Two friends and I went across the entire map, piece by piece. Even to the extend that we went dancing in the imperial cantina( happy we weren't flagged cause we had a huge peanut gallery of sith hoping we would use and AoE).

I wish I could tell you where you can find the imperial armsmaster, but cannot remember killing him then.

If anyone knows where to find him; let us know.

• 1 month later...

Im having trouble with the republic side of the mission, i found every single mob except for 1: Imperial Artillery droid (2).

In the list, you have to kill 2 with the same name. there is no guide for hint for it throughout the internet.

1 is the champion found in the starting-base of the imperials. Easy-peasy.. The secont one is a "rumored" elite with the same name on Ilum. This Elite one, i cannot find anywhere!

for anyone doing it as well, who is having trouble with some of them, try doing the Ilum "story" missions. there are a few that you have to enter a one-time-only instance to kill.

but the artillery droid is still nowhere to be found. Anyone got a clue, i'd be veeery happy!

The GOLD imperial artillery droid is a secret spawn. If you drive to the entrance of the imperial main base it will spawn!

Can anyone tell me, where you can find the imperial infantery captain? This is the last one I cannot find so far!

The GOLD imperial artillery droid is a secret spawn. If you drive to the entrance of the imperial main base it will spawn!

Can anyone tell me, where you can find the imperial infantery captain? This is the last one I cannot find so far!

I have been walking around the entrance, killed anything there, couldnt make an elite-difficulty atillery droid spawn.

You seem like you know how, as i get that you already did it. So please tell :)

For the elite imperial artillery droid you have to go the imperial main base in the North killing the mobs near the entrance staying on the road... The droid will spawn on the road... Did it three times today with guild members...

I do the achievement now on imperial side... Does anyone know how and where to find the SIS Watchman?

PS: Thank you for the Imperial Infantery Captain! Found him!

Edited by Laneral

Cool, it worked. between the shuttle to the orbital station. and the medical station. in the path between there stands a few weak soldiers. as soon as u attack them, and elite artilery droid will spawn from stealth!

thx for the help!

Edited by Henrik-Lindholdt

• 1 month later...
Yes. I just completed this republic side and 2 of them are inside the second and third mine during the story mission/quest. I do not remember fi it was the armsmaster and officer or not but they are in there. If your missing them your gona have to grab a guildie that's lvling and go with them or sit on ilum and spam for someone on those quest's so you can go with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you follow the directions from this link you should be able to find the Republic Sergeant and the Jedi Blademaster.

My problem lies elsewhere though. I recently started achievement hunting and finally made my way up to the Liberator of Ilum. On first look i saw that my achievement was listing the Artillery Droid twice. From my experience that only meant bad news:D

I managed to down all the mobs, including the Artillery Droid you find near the entrance of the main imp base. Of course the achievement was not completed since I had to kill the Artillery Droid (again :D).

After i killed every one of them in the base the achievement was still incomplete and after I searched the forums and other sites I didn't find anything helpful. So i decided to open a ticket requesting it to be fixed or to be granted the achievement since i have clearly killed the mobs listed. To no surprise, i got a reply saying that everything seems to be working fine, the achievement is fine and that i should first search the forums and especially noted this thread.:

Thus i am here :D

At least the m8 wrote me that he was clearly astounded by my dedication on the game and he would send me an experience boost to help me level my low lvl toon.:p Go figure

If you follow the directions from this link you should be able to find the Republic Sergeant and the Jedi Blademaster.

My problem lies elsewhere though. I recently started achievement hunting and finally made my way up to the Liberator of Ilum. On first look i saw that my achievement was listing the Artillery Droid twice. From my experience that only meant bad news:D

I managed to down all the mobs, including the Artillery Droid you find near the entrance of the main imp base. Of course the achievement was not completed since I had to kill the Artillery Droid (again :D).

After i killed every one of them in the base the achievement was still incomplete and after I searched the forums and other sites I didn't find anything helpful. So i decided to open a ticket requesting it to be fixed or to be granted the achievement since i have clearly killed the mobs listed. To no surprise, i got a reply saying that everything seems to be working fine, the achievement is fine and that i should first search the forums and especially noted this thread.:

Thus i am here :D

At least the m8 wrote me that he was clearly astounded by my dedication on the game and he would send me an experience boost to help me level my low lvl toon.:p Go figure

I can explain that - there are two Imperial Artillary Droids! It's kind of silly, but BW have made two different types of droid with the exact same name, both in the same area. Sorry, I can't remember exactly, but I think you'll find there is one lvl 48 strong (or something similar) and one lvl 50 elite. Both in the same area, so have a look.

But if you're killing the same one twice, that won't do it. Hope that helps!

Some of the mobs you have to kill (Imperial Arms Master, Imperial Field Officer, Republic Strategist etc.) are indeed in phases. However, after finishing Ilum on both sides and clearing all phases, I find myself unable to find 1 mob that is required for the Tyrant of Ilum, the Republic Tactician.

Can anyone tell me where to find the Republic Tactician please?

P.S.: The SIS Watchman was bugged and never existed. It was removed from the requirements in a previous patch.

Some of the mobs you have to kill (Imperial Arms Master, Imperial Field Officer, Republic Strategist etc.) are indeed in phases. However, after finishing Ilum on both sides and clearing all phases, I find myself unable to find 1 mob that is required for the Tyrant of Ilum, the Republic Tactician.

Can anyone tell me where to find the Republic Tactician please?

P.S.: The SIS Watchman was bugged and never existed. It was removed from the requirements in a previous patch.

He's at the Republic Waystation -51, 217 roughly.

i'm looking for liberator achievement too, gotten down to the armsmaster and the Apparently elite arty droid,, since the armsmaster is on loyat's phase,i'll get it eventually

but can anyone confirm you have to kill the imp guard to get the elite droid to spawn?

• 2 months later...
It's too late, i think so. But for future players... For Liberator achievment: 2 (different) Artillery Droids - on Empire Base (main base, not "waystation"). Here is really TWO DIFFERENT droids - Champion and Elite, count for achievment.

• 10 months later...
I'm kinda in the same boat, aside of the bestiary of which I haven't found any of the three. THe field officer is indeed nowhere to be found.

Two friends and I went across the entire map, piece by piece. Even to the extend that we went dancing in the imperial cantina( happy we weren't flagged cause we had a huge peanut gallery of sith hoping we would use and AoE).

I wish I could tell you where you can find the imperial armsmaster, but cannot remember killing him then.

If anyone knows where to find him; let us know.

He's inside a phase early on in the Crystal Ball planet story chain.

Edited by Telanis

• 10 months later...

Yes, I definitely necro'd this thread, because I didn't find anything more recent.

I'm trying to finish up planetary champion/elite achievements before KOTFE hits, and I've hit a snag on Ilum with both Tyrant of Ilum and Liberator of Ilum. As far as I can tell, at some point they made the Sith Monitor and the Imperial Artillery Droids on the Republic side and the Jedi Sentinel and Republic Defense Droid on the Imperial side into Level 60 Champions with about 500K hit points each, and left them in the achievement??? Have I got that right?

I can try to find a group to kill them but Ilum's got a pretty small population nowadays.

Yup - correct.

I believe there are a couple of imp & rep targets which are now 60 champions to complete those two achievements.

I'd decided a while ago that I was going to go and get all of the planetary achievements except the PvP ones (where I just have the odd few dotted around).

I'm a little low on Yavin achievements - due to groups and due to a bug meaning I cannot get "Grave Robber". I've got all of the other planets completed with the exception of Ilum and these two achievements. Frustrating :)