Subscription: Advertisement vs Truth

MisterMuse

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the issue that you wanted to have addressed is that currently it states "Full access to all character creation choices." As of this moment this terminology is still correct as subscribers do have full access to those choices. We will be updating that page (along with any others that make similar references) once Game Update 2.1 goes live.

-eric

How about the advertisement inaccuracy on the CE/Digital Deluxe Training Droid? It was advertised as following us on our adventures, but it does no such thing. All it is is a melee-range global cooldown eater.

Must... resist....

It's no use....

While attacking me for making an exaggeration you do a super leap to this.... "...all of these people complaining want it handed to them on a silver platter and blatantly disregard...."

At least my mistake was in poor wording of "the majority", even I wouldn't be so bold as to presume ALL people who disagree with me are whiners with entitlement issues. Classic.

I have little tolerance for people who complain for the sake of complaining. If there was no CC market, no monthly stipend, all of those CM items were not in the game, and they raised the price of the expansion by $10 and threw in the Cathar race, would you guys still be complaining? Because that's what I'm hearing is that's what you want... while I see the CM outfits as more options for some, the Cathar race is a race that you don't even have to use your free coins to obtain, and I don't have to pay a bloated fee on an expansion for them either.

I care very little for what you say, CosmicKat, because everything you say is grossly out of context. Every little vanity thing from the CM is all doom-and-gloom and you can't even acknowledge that the Cathar race is still free if you save even 2 months of Cartel Coins... and you'd still get change back. To me, that's just terrible where you're being so obtuse that you can't even see the forest through the trees.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Really? So when we were paying $15/month before and getting 0 coins what happened then? Were you overpaying at that point?

Pre-F2P, there was always the other subscription option.

Um, yes... we will get new operations and new FP's... and probably new WZ's... so... derp derp?

And that's my point. They're not going to release a new expansion or quest pack or whatever they choose to call it and then say to subs "Oh, by the way, if you want to actually run any of the content, you'll have to pay CCs for that." Adventuring content will never be gated behind the CM for subs because adventuring content is the point of the game.

Really? So when we were paying $15/month before and getting 0 coins what happened then? Were you overpaying at that point?

Lol. I don't like this comparison. TOR before f2p was a totally different story and no one would even think of cartel coins. They weren't there, how were we even meant to get them? They weren't part of the deal - simple as that.

They became part of the deal after f2p. It's clearly said that if you subscribe you get coins. It's part of the subscription offer - they are included in the price. If they are free then why I can't get them as a preferred player? I need to pay.

Wasn't also subscription fee lowered since f2p? It might as well look that coins where thrown in to fill the gap.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Pre-F2P, there was always the other subscription option.

You mean, to cancel and not play at all? My point is that someone is taking the rewards program of the CC per month and now saying they pay for it so now the coins aren't free? But that's really biting the hand that feeds you. Because even if the CM didn't exist, I'd still be paying $15/month. So I don't like it when people try to twist it and say the Cathar aren't free for subs because we're paying for our CC coins. When you buy the Happy Meal at Mc D's, the toy is a bonus. You don't get to say that you don't want the toy so you'd like a discount.

And that's my point. They're not going to release a new expansion or quest pack or whatever they choose to call it and then say to subs "Oh, by the way, if you want to actually run any of the content, you'll have to pay CCs for that." Adventuring content will never be gated behind the CM for subs because adventuring content is the point of the game.

Okay, I must misunderstand because I think you and I think the exact same thing. I thought what the person said was that the cm market has stagnated the adventuring content.

Lol. I don't like this comparison. TOR before f2p was a totally different story and no one would even think of cartel coins. They weren't there, how were we even meant to get them? They weren't part of the deal - simple as that.

They became part of the deal after f2p. It's clearly said that if you subscribe you get coins. It's part of the subscription offer - they are included in the price. If they are free then why I can't get them as a preferred player? I need to pay.

Wasn't also subscription fee lowered since f2p? It might as well look that coins where thrown in to fill the gap.

Um, no... sub fees are still the same in my neck of the woods. And, as I just stated above, they're a rewards program for being a subscriber. You can label is as "you're paying for these", but then you're saying the discounted our sub fees and I don't believe they ever said that.

However, even if that's the case, you've saved money every month on the sub fees and you've been buying the coins, so you're still spending the coins on the Cathar race. And you're complaining that you're "forced" to buy them instead of paying a bloated price if they were included in the expansion? And no where did you thank them for lowering the cost of your sub fee so that you could buy 500 coins a month. Lolwhat?

I believe the issue that you wanted to have addressed is that currently it states "Full access to all character creation choices." As of this moment this terminology is still correct as subscribers do have full access to those choices. We will be updating that page (along with any others that make similar references) once Game Update 2.1 goes live.

-eric

This has to be one of the most blatant "Go @#$% yourselves" I have ever seen stated by a company representative in any MMO I've ever played.

We're basically being told that, in the future, BW/EA will shift more and more stuff to the Cartel Market in order to force all players to spend more money on the game outside of a monthly subscription fee...and that BW/EA isn't going to update their stance until AFTER they have changed it.

More and more, being a subscriber won't mean anything when it comes to new content (according to the above statement) and apparently BW/EA doesn't give a rat's backside how we feel about it.

Way to show those true colors...

I dont care about Catharr, I'd want to change my character's hairstyle and it's colour. All other mmos which do it - they don't charge :p

Um, they aren't charging you if you have coins already saved up. Or you can say they're charging you a higher subscription fee since you seem to think the CC's are part of your sub.

This has to be one of the most blatant "Go @#$% yourselves" I have ever seen stated by a company representative in any MMO I've ever played.

We're basically being told that, in the future, BW/EA will shift more and more stuff to the Cartel Market in order to force all players to spend more money on the game outside of a monthly subscription fee...and that BW/EA isn't going to update their stance until AFTER they have changed it.

More and more, being a subscriber won't mean anything when it comes to new content (according to the above statement) and apparently BW/EA doesn't give a rat's backside how we feel about it.

Way to show those true colors...

This has to be one of the best posts ever.

Very well said, I'm still hoping they'll change their minds about this.

BioWare. Instead of making this free for subscribers and charging F2P, thus making subscription look better and getting more people to subscribe long term, resulting in a healthier and higher quality game while at the same time making your subscribers happy, you decide to put everything behind a paywall for everyone to make fast, probably less money as soon as possible at the risk of losing subscribers and leaving a bitter taste in everybody's mouth.

Launching a content update and charging subscribers lowers the value/incentive of subscribing, be it 2.1 or any other content update in the future.

This has to be one of the best posts ever.

Very well said, I'm still hoping they'll change their minds about this.

BioWare. Instead of making this free for subscribers and charging F2P, thus making subscription look better and getting more people to subscribe long term, resulting in a healthier and higher quality game while at the same time making your subscribers happy, you decide to put everything behind a paywall for everyone to make fast, probably less money as soon as possible at the risk of losing subscribers and leaving a bitter taste in everybody's mouth.

Launching a content update and charging subscribers lowers the value/incentive of subscribing, be it 2.1 or any other content update in the future.

I still don't get this. You get 500 coins a month. Save for 2 months and it's free, hence you aren't being charged. What's the problem? I still do not understand how all of the complainers roll over on this.

Edited by Lostpenguins

I still don't get this. You get 500 coins a month. Save for 2 months and it's free, hence you aren't being charged. What's the problem? I still do not understand how all of the complainers roll over on this.

Why can't you get it that we're all paying for those 500 coins a month? Even if he saves up, it's not gonna be free since he paid for it.

Because people ***** loud enough and want everything double free.

I still don't get how some people think that we are paying for Cartel Coins each month. IF we are then my subscription would have gone up by $5-7 each month.

Edited by Sprgmr

Why can't you get it that we're all paying for those 500 coins a month? Even if he saves up, it's not gonna be free since he paid for it.

So that means everything he was paying for before he now has a discount on since he's paying for the 500 coins. He's been doing that since CM came out... he should already have the coins. What is he spending them on? Packs? Unlocks? So, instead of using an in-game feature of 500 CC coins / month for a 2 packs he uses it to get the Cathar race.

I just don't get it. You can argue that the coins cost part of your sub, but not once are you happy that your sub fee didn't go up. Not once are you accepting that you have these coins you're getting per month that you can use them for the Cathar race... which means you don't have to pay add'l money for the Cathar because you already pay for it with your subscription.

Seriously, what if BW just told you that they're not giving CC/month anymore for coins. Would you be okay with that? What if they did that for 2 months, gave everyone the Cathar that's a sub, then reintroduced the Cathar race? Would that be enough of a cloak of delusion to make you happy?

I still don't get how some people think that we are paying for Cartel Coins each month. IF we are then my subscription would have gone up by $5-7 each month.

The fact that they give away 1-50 reduced your sub value by that much, they added the cartel coins so they wouldn't have to actually lower their price. But if you want to see it as a gift then by all means, I suppose it makes your SWTOR experience more fun in a way.

Edited by SithVeritas

Exactly, it's like buying something and someone says, "Buy this and I'll throw in this, for free. And then Alec_Fortescue is trying to come back and say, okay, since you're giving me this item for free, but it sells for X dollars, just give me what I want minus the extra item and reduce the price by X dollars." That's not how it works...

The fact that they give away 1-50 reduced your sub value by that much, they added the cartel coins so they wouldn't have to actually lower their price. But if you want to see it as a gift then by all means, I suppose it makes your SWTOR experience more fun in a way.

No, you can't even compare F2P with subs. If you tried to buy everything a sub has with CC coins, you'd be spending a lot more money. F2P don't get all of the action bars, they are limited to what race they place, limited to how many 50's they get, how many perks they get, and what gear they can wear. So, there's a lot of stuff along the way from 1-50 that they aren't getting as a subscriber.

The only thing they are "giving away" is the quests. F2P and Preferred still have to buy loads to be on par with a sub, and even then aren't 100% equal. If you think your sub is worth less, than that's a shame you have a negative outlook on it. The 600CC I get a month are probably nothing to them. As far as I'm concerned it's a once a month treat to some random thing on the market that tickles my fancy. And I know the next 600 is going to Cathar.