The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Tank

Warpedpig

Just got 55.. Have my full set of super commando gear, conqueror weapon and about to get 1 of the conqueror relics .. Just curious as to which one I should get... Also Im not interested in full blown tank that only pulls 150k dmg in a wz.. Looking more along the lines of 300+ I've seen it done on a vanguard tank with 39k health so I know it's possible.. Just curious as to which augments I should go for and which spec I should run.. I'm assuming more of a tactics/shield tech build.. Going to try the one I've seen on here today.. Any help would be appreciated

tank hybrids are not good. While dps hybrids DO get some goodies, and skills that synergize, tank hybrid would lack both survivability to be a tank and dps to be a dps.

If you want to tank, then spec tank up to the top of the tree. If you want to DPS with bigger survavibility then go tactics, and spec into riot gas, or maybe with ceramic plating + shield cycler if you really want to.

300k dps with a full tank build is far from impossible, and i did it already several times - but it is only fluff damage, simply use mortar valley on cooldown and pulse cannon on proc + spam explosive surge.

Just got 55.. Have my full set of super commando gear, conqueror weapon and about to get 1 of the conqueror relics .. Just curious as to which one I should get... Also Im not interested in full blown tank that only pulls 150k dmg in a wz.. Looking more along the lines of 300+ I've seen it done on a vanguard tank with 39k health so I know it's possible.. Just curious as to which augments I should go for and which spec I should run.. I'm assuming more of a tactics/shield tech build.. Going to try the one I've seen on here today.. Any help would be appreciated

Mine is full tank partisan with conq implants and ear

I get 300k damage in warzone easily and have 37.2k hp. - hybrid builds are not the answer

I have done some pretty extensive testing with hybrid tanks and I will have to agree with thee above. How hybrids may give some bonuses overall u just lose too much however a decent hybrid if u want to try it out would be 32/?/? Just make sure u have guard cannon, more healing is always better the rest of the points are variable.

I have done some pretty extensive testing with hybrid tanks and I will have to agree with thee above. How hybrids may give some bonuses overall u just lose too much however a decent hybrid if u want to try it out would be 32/?/? Just make sure u have guard cannon, more healing is always better the rest of the points are variable.

No you have to have energy blast - it's off gcd (more burst) gives ammo and it provides a significant mitigation increase

No you have to have energy blast - it's off gcd (more burst) gives ammo and it provides a significant mitigation increase

it provides significant mitigation if your playing with sub par players (pvp wise) because most of the hardest hitting abilities in the game get crit bonuses and are either force or tech so that means it bypasses defence chance with being a force or tech attack and then is bypasses shield with crit. Energy blast does have a place and is good at certain things but as of right now and the game mechanics for pvp it isnt top tier quality.

and for that matter i might even say that going up the tank tree very much at all might even be a mistake for the same reasons... most of our defences from that tree is negated most of the time in top tier pvp and what little defenves u get from it u can get with 11 points

Edited by Is-ith