Time to settle this once and for all

stupidsyrup

I'm tired of going into WZ's with people who know no strategy, but THINK they know strategy. I don't mind solo guarding so much as my Tank or as my Scoundrel, when I can stealth or hold my own, but as my level 12 Sniper you tell me that we don't need 2 to guard, that's where I draw the line. You want a level 12 glass cannon to solo guard??? I know exceptions with needing 7 at Mid to overpower them but when you have someone good guarding. What if you get a smart Operative/Scoundrel? He sleep darts you and starts grabbing the node, you break the CC and he Flash Bombs you (I know to wait through the Dart) and grabs it.

So, my question, do you think it's better to have 2 guarding or 1 guarding?

I will count the votes (unless I get as many replies as the DPS Mercs/Commandos thread lol) and report back.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the class and player skill any stealth class should be able to solo guard

Another Classs would need to be confident in their abilities to be able to survive solo until help arrives

And it's awlays a gamble

Well see I did say I didn't mind SO MUCH as my Tank or Stealth, but I think it's still best to have 2 guarding.

Only stealthers should be solo guarding (especially Assassins). Otherwise you should have at least 2.

If you think leaving snipers to solo guard is bad, you should see some of these derps that leave HEALERS to solo guard.

Only stealthers should be solo guarding (especially Assassins). Otherwise you should have at least 2.

If you think leaving snipers to solo guard is bad, you should see some of these derps that leave HEALERS to solo guard.

Oh yeah! I can't wait to roll a Shadow Tank! But I agree 100% about leaving Healers. The moment a healer says they're guarding I will head straight there.

If the other team has multiple stealth classes, you probably want more than one node guard, or a good stealth defender will do, if you have one on your team.

Vanguard Tanks make great Guards. They have Stealth Scan and, if they put in the points, can stun the stealth for 3 seconds.

Kinda want your healers in the fight, healing people. Or put a healer over with the sniper. But yeah, neither of them should go it solo.

Possible exceptions:

Sniper with the new stealth detect, and a full toolbar full of powers may be able to solo in the sub 55, for a brief period. If they put their back to a wall and have 'help' pre typed into the chat window...

A merc healer has the armor, hps, and self heal to stay alive for short period against a single stealth attacker. But, with Sins and Ops being so popular... They rarely ever just send one.

One guarding but it should be someone who's comfortable with it.

I hate seeing "one inc" being called. Look, you don't freaking call out for one enemy. Don't be there if you cant beat one guy. And no, the possibility of there being another, stealthed, enemy is not an excuse. You could get jumped by three stealthers at any point in the game.

Personally I'm happy to solo guard a node on my GS. There are drawbacks but also advantages of solo guarding as most people will know but now the GS/Sniper is equipped well enough to guard a node I would say after about level 20.

30 stacks of the stealth detection means if you position yourself well, stealthers shouldn't be a problem. Also the DPS numbers I'm getting on my SS GS I can three/four shot someone, with Aimed shot hitting on average for around 7.5k, plus sabotage charge for around 6k and quickdraw for around 4k yeah they're gonna panic and do something stupid or bug out.

Personally I'm happy to solo guard a node on my GS. There are drawbacks but also advantages of solo guarding as most people will know but now the GS/Sniper is equipped well enough to guard a node I would say after about level 20.

30 stacks of the stealth detection means if you position yourself well, stealthers shouldn't be a problem. Also the DPS numbers I'm getting on my SS GS I can three/four shot someone, with Aimed shot hitting on average for around 7.5k, plus sabotage charge for around 6k and quickdraw for around 4k yeah they're gonna panic and do something stupid or bug out.

I love the stealth detection. I was sitting on one of the top rafters in Huttball by mid and my stealth was up to 18-20 and I clearly saw a Shadow sneaking around waiting for the ball respawn. It's awesome

sometime teams are just bad...

I know. But what's funny is when I asked for 1 more to sit with me, 3 of them started yelling at me telling me I suck at PvP and to L2P and that you never have 2 guarding, etc., etc., blah blah blah. When they said I suck at PvP I just laughed, especially since as guard I got more DPS than them for the WZ. I would have LOVED to have seen their faces!

Sniper with the new stealth detect, and a full toolbar full of powers may be able to solo in the sub 55, for a brief period. If they put their back to a wall and have 'help' pre typed into the chat window...

This ^ Snipers can defend solo but its not the preferable option, I think they are too important for attacking to be left on defence.

I also don't agree with MidichIorian, always call out incoming's no matter how many you don't know how good they maybe to say that you can always kill someone 1 on 1.

I also don't agree with MidichIorian, always call out incoming's no matter how many you don't know how good they maybe to say that you can always kill someone 1 on 1.
What will happen in 9 out of 10 cases (in normal warzones) is that five people will drop whatever they are doing and rush to your aid (on behalf of being tunnel visioned imbeciles) . You've now managed to give away one node because one enemy was attacking your other node.

What will happen in 9 out of 10 cases (in normal warzones) is that five people will drop whatever they are doing and rush to your aid (on behalf of being tunnel visioned imbeciles) . You've now managed to give away one node because one enemy was attacking your other node.

Yes but if you can't take him then by the time you respawn and wait on the gate/take the speeder he has it capped.

Depends on the situation. If your team is about to hit the "point of no return" where the enemy has twice the points and they have 2 turrets you should leave one defender and try for a last minute turn around.

Because if the enemy is smart they have no interest in taking a 3rd turret. They know that defending their two just a bit longer will lock in the win.

Yeah, I meant to say if its only 1 inc not to have half of the team to take off after him. I just like everyone to call incoming's so that I can get a picture of the enemy's forces and try to predict what their going to do.

I do agree with what you say and I wish people would pay attention to what their team is doing.

Seems ridiculous to me that anyone can assume solo guarding, even for a well geared tank, is good strategy. 2 non-stupidly played anything are likely to be able to get that solo guarder far enough away from a node to cap it. 3 would make it downright trivial.

Of course, the guarder can get lucky. But to count on it? Lunacy.

Leave a tank and a haeler on your 'gotta keep it' node. Let the other 6 players wreak havoc on the other team, and be fluid on where to go - 6 should be able to take out 2 guarders before they know it. If you spot a node with 2 guards - BUG OUT AND GET TO THAT NODE! If all the defenders kite with you to the new node, SEND BACK A STEALTHER TO CAP THE UNGUARDED NODE!

'Be like the Water.' - Bruce Lee.

'Hit 'em where they Ain't' - me. ;)

I hate seeing "one inc" being called. Look, you don't freaking call out for one enemy. Don't be there if you cant beat one guy. And no, the possibility of there being another, stealthed, enemy is not an excuse. You could get jumped by three stealthers at any point in the game.

This is only viable for the one guy on every server who is better at 1v1 than every other player on that server. In which case, his skills are probably wasted guarding.

people like this are the reason i hate CW. all it takes is one person to think he can solo and bam, lose snow/grass making the game 10x harder to win. I support the 1 inc call

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.