Refer a friend Speeder

TprSkippy

Whats really nice about this speeder (and, of course, you and your friend both get it on all current/future characters on all servers on that account) is that it is a speeder 3 mount (110% speed, superior protection from getting knocked off) but only requires speeder rank 1...never have to buy the other ranks. I also like that it isn't as loud as some of the other mounts. If your friend purchases a 60-day gamecard you get rewarded instantly with the mount (not sure if you gotta wait out the 30-day subscription or not before you get it).

Whats really nice about this speeder (and, of course, you and your friend both get it on all current/future characters on all servers on that account) is that it is a speeder 3 mount (110% speed, superior protection from getting knocked off) but only requires speeder rank 1...never have to buy the other ranks. I also like that it isn't as loud as some of the other mounts. If your friend purchases a 60-day gamecard you get rewarded instantly with the mount (not sure if you gotta wait out the 30-day subscription or not before you get it).

You get it as soon as their first full month is paid for. So if they buy the boxed game and get a free month, you have to wait until after that initial 'free' time has run its course.

You get it as soon as their first full month is paid for. So if they buy the boxed game and get a free month, you have to wait until after that initial 'free' time has run its course.

Yeah normal sub has to wait the 30 day trial out... a game card will give it to you immediately.

Subtle difference, but game cards are applied to the account immediately, whereas normal paid subscription is not applied until after the free 30 days expires.

Yeah normal sub has to wait the 30 day trial out... a game card will give it to you immediately.

Subtle difference, but game cards are applied to the account immediately, whereas normal paid subscription is not applied until after the free 30 days expires.

Except there is NO box price anymore. You can create an account and sub without a wait. You don't have to buy the box anymore.

Except there is NO box price anymore. You can create an account and sub without a wait. You don't have to buy the box anymore.

There is still a box price. You can go down and buy the box and load it and get 30 days game play as part of the purchase. For the price of a 30 day subscription. So you can go either route.

Note to OP: if someone wants to refer a friend and wants the credit for the referral to get the speeder..do NOT let the friend create an account until they get the email initiated by your referal. It will mess it up.

Also, I'm not sure the refer a friend works with someone who already has an account that is F2P... so tread carefully on that... get confirmation from Bioware in writing first that it will work.

Edited by Andryah

I still feel the best features of this speeder are it's account wide - so any character you create gets it.

It's also Speeder 3 speed but only requires Speeder 1 skill. SO spend a few credits on legacy character perks and any character you create has speeder 3 "speed" from Level 10.

There is still a box price. You can go down and buy the box and load it and get 30 days game play as part of the purchase. For the price of a 30 day subscription. So you can go either route.

Note to OP: if someone wants to refer a friend and wants the credit for the referral to get the speeder..do NOT let the friend create an account until they get the email initiated by your referal. It will mess it up.

Also, I'm not sure the refer a friend works with someone who already has an account that is F2P... so tread carefully on that... get confirmation from Bioware in writing first that it will work.

Jupp, lost my speeder that way :( my silly friend who also wanted the speeder didn't wait.

Jupp, lost my speeder that way :( my silly friend who also wanted the speeder didn't wait.

What? The F2P route doesnt work?

What the frekk?!?! I got my friend to play the game but he started with F2P since he didnt have his paycheck yet.

So now i wont get a speeder if i refer him when he actually purchases the game?

What? The F2P route doesnt work?

What the frekk?!?! I got my friend to play the game but he started with F2P since he didnt have his paycheck yet.

So now i wont get a speeder if i refer him when he actually purchases the game?

I suggested SWTOR to my friend, he got to try it. Then he started his account and thought he could refer to me later on but it didn't work. We both sub, have no idea of the f2p-thing works.

But yes, I am a little sad that I don't have the speeder.

Edited by SilentKitty

Yup, I have this speeder and I only bother to buy the upper level speeder skills if I really want to use a different speeder. I have like 4 50+ toons that are still speeder rank 1 thanks to this, nice little credit saver.

THIS happened to me..

A friend I referred signed up. I then filled out the referral for them a couple of hours later, and never got the speeder. turns out they MUST wait for the email, then sign up or you are hosed.. I haven't bothered to call EA to try to get this resolved, and it is questionable if they will even resolve it. I had this happen in Rift, and a 5 minute phone call fixed it, and I had my mount.

Well technically you can still buy a box, though EA was smart and the box is 14.99. The price of one month of a sub. So you don't get 1 month free. They just lowered the box to the sub price. This is pretty much everywhere. Amazon, Eb, Walmart. Everyone has it set at 14.99.

Well technically you can still buy a box, though EA was smart and the box is 14.99. The price of one month of a sub. So you don't get 1 month free. They just lowered the box to the sub price. This is pretty much everywhere. Amazon, Eb, Walmart. Everyone has it set at 14.99.

Well, i guess you could argue that you're paying a 1 month sub and getting the disks for free? I guess that is a benefit -- having a physical copy.

Although -- most of the places around me don't have physical copies of the game anymore. . .

THIS happened to me..

A friend I referred signed up. I then filled out the referral for them a couple of hours later, and never got the speeder. turns out they MUST wait for the email, then sign up or you are hosed.. I haven't bothered to call EA to try to get this resolved, and it is questionable if they will even resolve it. I had this happen in Rift, and a 5 minute phone call fixed it, and I had my mount.

My friend tried to fix it as well, never worked out. Nice that it worked for you in Rift.

Edited by SilentKitty