Constant laughing?

Chiyeko

It's Operatives' Tactical Advantage proc. Concealment spec proc it from Lacerate, Medic spec procs it from a few different things including their HOT ticks, coming out of stealth, and using Kolto Injection. The laugh was in the game at launch, then they took it out because it happened on every TA proc, but they brought it back so that it only procs on the first stack of TA.

Powertechs giggle all the time too. :p

It would be great to have options to 1. toggle off the laugh and 2. have only the player hear it.

Other classes should have sound cues as well. It would be great if my marauder made a sound every time Slaughter procced.

It's Operatives' Tactical Advantage proc. Concealment spec proc it from Lacerate, Medic spec procs it from a few different things including their HOT ticks, coming out of stealth, and using Kolto Injection. The laugh was in the game at launch, then they took it out because it happened on every TA proc, but they brought it back so that it only procs on the first stack of TA.

Actually, no. The giggle only occured when Kolto Probes procced TA, and when Surgical Probe regranted TA from healing a target below 30% hp (thus the laugh spam). Lacerate procs caused the giggle as well.

Today, the giggle is worse, because it's not helpful in the slightest. It is just spam. I am fully aware that I'll get TA when I shiv or hidden strike someone. The tooltip said so and I learned through playing the game. There's a 100% chance of TA when I use these attacks, the laugh doesn't tell me anything I don't know.

However, the laugh could be useful if it only occured when you got a proc. For example, when kolto probes grants TA, then the laugh would be helpful. When lacerate regrants TA, that is also a good time for the giggle. When Shiv procs Fatality, that'd be a nice time for the giggle as well.

To make a comparison to other classes;

Vengenace Juggernaut giggles when they get Ravage proc from either Impale or Shatter. That is useful.

Pyrotechs gets a giggle when flame burst/rocket punch or power shot/unload procs a free railshot. That is useful.

Hopefully Bioware will change the giggle again. The only reason the giggle was spammy back in 1.1 was because it was applied to the Surgical Probe talent.

Edited by Majspuffen

Actually, no. The giggle only occured when Kolto Probes procced TA, and when Surgical Probe regranted TA from healing a target below 30% hp (thus the laugh spam). Lacerate procs caused the giggle as well.

Today, the giggle is worse, because it's not helpful in the slightest. It is just spam. I am fully aware that I'll get TA when I shiv or hidden strike someone. The tooltip said so and I learned through playing the game. There's a 100% chance of TA when I use these attacks, the laugh doesn't tell me anything I don't know.

However, the laugh could be useful if it only occured when you got a proc. For example, when kolto probes grants TA, then the laugh would be helpful. When lacerate regrants TA, that is also a good time for the giggle. When Shiv procs Fatality, that'd be a nice time for the giggle as well.

did you read the patch notes? its helpful because it lets the player know theres tactical advantage available.

Tactical Advantage: The “giggle proc” is back for Tactical Advantage, but we’ve toned down the frequency at which it occurs. Now this sound effect only plays when you previously did not have Tactical Advantage (it will not play when your stacks of Tactical Advantage increase).

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

did you read the patch notes? its helpful because it lets the player know theres tactical advantage available.

Tactical Advantage: The “giggle proc” is back for Tactical Advantage, but we’ve toned down the frequency at which it occurs. Now this sound effect only plays when you previously did not have Tactical Advantage (it will not play when your stacks of Tactical Advantage increase).

To make a parallel to pyrotechs (who also has a laugh) it's like saying that their giggle would be helpful each time you had a DoT on a target, just so you know that you can use railshot. That would be less helpful than if the giggle was tied to the railshot proc itself--which it is, fortunately. :p

I don't find the new giggle helpful in the slightest because I know when I get my first stack of TA. It is usually followed by hidden strike or shiv. However, the only animation I've got for my Fatality proc is some beeping noise + green waves by my character's ear :p ... I wish the laugh had been tied to that. Because that would be helpful.

Currently as lethality operative, my character giggles more than she ever did as healer back in 1.1.

Edited by Majspuffen

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. Yeah, I like the giggle too. Then again EVERYTHING Tellar Babel does is somehow sexy as hell. Including stabbing people or calling probes, both of which cause the sexy laugh.

You know what? Screw it.

ESPECIALLY when stabbing people. I naturally gravitated towards healing when choosing my talents, even though I intended to be a stabber. So I'm the stabhappiest healer EVER.

The laugh should come on a proc, not on the first application and not randomly. The laugh should be there to let you know that you got a TA from something not under your control.

Using Kolto Injection, Shiv, Stim Boost etc. should not produce a laugh. Ever. You know you'll get a TA from using those abilities (KI only if you're 2/2 Incisive Action), so the laugh is just noise. It completely defeats the purpose of an audible cue.

You'd think they'd give it just a bit more thought than "They want the laugh back, so let's make it proc on the first TA every time". It's like they're not even trying.

There should be an option to toggle it off. I think its disturbing and not really "RP". Have you ever heard an Imperial Agent laught all the time at conversations, it really bothers me when he giggles every time i gain first TA. Someone likes it, someone doesnt so it would be nice to have an option how to change it (the tech sound that was implemented before was ok IMO)

It's amazing that they brought it back. Nay sayers, choke on a long hard shaft!

I'll laugh all the way to victory! (and the bank)

Indeed. I was so sad when they removed the giggle that I rerolled my Scoundrel into a Gunslinger. Now I loooooooooooooooove playing my Operative.

Edited by Helig

I like the Merc's "giggle" when you proc the Rail Shot heat reducer in Pyro Spec. I have yet to hear a PT "giggle" though i would love it to happen every now and again when i do Flame Burst or Spin.