*** Official PvE DPS Leaderboard ***

KeyboardNinja

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a side note incase you didn't know, Ebon Hawk boards don't allow speccing into an unnecessary heal for DPS increase. (IE: Vital Regulators)

I thought that was only with the kell dragon relics, because of the bugged double procs? I'm just in obroan

EDIT: Derp, just reread the rules. I'll put up another one.

Edited by Archaetorrhi

Bleh and in process of fixing launcher I broke it more. Guess I'll use Kit's computer. Might get a better connection on her desktop anyways.

And you'd be surprised with the luck I get in my parses. It'll probably take a few hours before my parses give me any decent luck (had one where an ability had like 5% crit once <.< )

Edit: -_- I hate the training dummy. Keeps resetting itself every 8 seconds. Tried logging out and back in, leaving and re-entering ship, etc.

Edited by MiralukaJedi

Bleh and in process of fixing launcher I broke it more. Guess I'll use Kit's computer. Might get a better connection on her desktop anyways.

And you'd be surprised with the luck I get in my parses. It'll probably take a few hours before my parses give me any decent luck (had one where an ability had like 5% crit once <.< )

Thats like the few DF parses I did with a 15% crit on wounding shots and a 3% crit on quick draw. Its spirit breaking

Finally replaced my last 72 armoring..

Too bad I ran out of adrenals before this one >.<

http://www.torparse.com/a/619329/1/0/Damage+Dealt

18:25:00.244 - Slaffen enters combet.

18:31:25.949 - Slaffen kills dummy. 6min25.705sec

= 3888.98 dps

Beastly! Do you think Scoundrels could use a small downward adjustment, making them on par with Sentinels/Gunslingers? Because I certainly feel that way about Guardians now.

Beastly! Do you think Scoundrels could use a small downward adjustment, making them on par with Sentinels/Gunslingers? Because I certainly feel that way about Guardians now.

I'm not sure that would be an great idea, with our lack of gap closer and positional requirements, I think both melee classes are pretty on par for most fights the way they are. Also, melee should be able to get higher numbers than ranged imo.

With scamper losing it's energy cost, and with the most recent changes to K.O., gap closing and positioning is going to be problems of the past. At most, only unique terrain problems (can leap, can't run/roll to the target) will prevent a Scrapper Scoundrel from doing it's rotation any less than a Guardian/Sentinel.

Well, unless you don't think two scampers can't get you the same distance as a leap. At most you're losing one global cooldown.

With scamper losing it's energy cost, and with the most recent changes to K.O., gap closing and positioning is going to be problems of the past. At most, only unique terrain problems (can leap, can't run/roll to the target) will prevent a Scrapper Scoundrel from doing it's rotation any less than a Guardian/Sentinel.

Well, unless you don't think two scampers can't get you the same distance as a leap. At most you're losing one global cooldown.

Yeah I was talking about pre-2.7, but agreed, the change to scamper is fantastic. The positional requirements is still going to be essentially the same, except you can use 1 back blast every minute and a half or so on average from any position. Still don't think it deserves a nerf tho. At this moment, the difference between the scrappers, sents, and guardians is less than 5%.

Edited by KantOrMill

I believe the most recent changes just straight remove all positional requirements to backblast, with no cooldown and no triggering off Shoot First.

If only believing something made it true.

"Knockout will now allow a Backblast from any position for 10 seconds instead of 1 minute and 5 seconds."

"Jarring Strikes will now allow a Backstab from any position for 10 seconds instead of 1 minute and 5 seconds."

Considering there is zero point into speccing into jarring strike in a raid setting its not even useful for PVE anyways. There are better things to invest points in. So the positional requirement is still there and a good operative/scoundrel wouldn't spec into it anyways. 10seconds is only going to help if you pulled on Hidden Strike and the tank didn't know how to get aggro back.

And I don't think many will agree that scamper is equal to a jugg or marader's jump. The free roll is definitely nice, but its not going to make any change in the transition.

Edited by MiralukaJedi

And I don't think many will agree that scamper is equal to a jugg or marader's jump. The free roll is definitely nice, but its not going to make any change in the transition.

This. I mean, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever to give Scoudrels some sort of grappling hook that brings them to their target. You could argue that it makes no sense for a healer, but that's exactly why it's a plausible idea. Because no healer WANTS to be right in the bosses face.

I dunno, it just makes sense to me, both from a gameplay, QoL, and common sense perspective.

This. I mean, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever to give Scoudrels some sort of grappling hook that brings them to their target. You could argue that it makes no sense for a healer, but that's exactly why it's a plausible idea. Because no healer WANTS to be right in the bosses face.

I dunno, it just makes sense to me, both from a gameplay, QoL, and common sense perspective.

Or a HK-style roll or something. Jump at the target.

Now, I'm not saying the current roll is useless. It has uses a normal jump won't (kinda like how force speed has advantages a normal jump doesn't). But as a gap closer instead of a movement device? Jump is way more useful for transition into a raid, even with the roll being free.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.