• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kleric

Sorcerer

Lightning: link

3129 dps

Madness: link

3097 dps

Overall a little irked by both parses. My latency is higher since I'm on the West Coast with worse internet to boot, and I noticed some abilities ghosting every now and then, though I doubt it was significant enough to cost more than a few dps. Lightning should be higher, but I only made two attempts at it, the first of which was abysmal. Second one was ok, though not great either. Madness parse was super weird, with a spike in damage from the opening rotation and relic/alacrity boost for the first 30 secs, and then a really weird and large drop in dps for the next 60 or so seconds. This weird drop does not follow the typical curve for madness parses, so something must have gone super wrong.

Deimon - Lightning Sorcerer

Parse - 3153.25 DPS by Time to Kill

Standard Lightning spec with basically all Ultimate Comm Vendor gear mods except for 4 piece set bonus armorings (2 Arkanian, 1 Underworld, 1 Dread Forged), PVP relics, and 72 Main Hand hilt.

There is room for improvement because I know at least once I tried to squeeze a Thundering Blast in just before Affliction dropped off and I missed it :D

I am sad that Lethality/Dirty Fighting Sniping isn't even on the honorable mentions... not surprised given how they nerfed it but sad... I still hope for the return of this once great spec ;)

In the mean time I am still on my personal quest to break 3k with a full Lethality (5/5/36) my best attempt so far is

2938 on the 1.5m dummy on my ship as measured by torparse:

http://www.torparse.com/a/517488/1/0/Overview

(character Thexi on The Ebon Hawk)

not sure if that rates an honorable mention or not but figured I would post it anyway. I might try again this weekend and who knows maybe finally break that 3k barrier.

EDIT: forgot to link spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bcZbcZGbbkrMRRMsuR.3 and as for gear, mostly 72s with 78s thrown in.

Edited by Elfindreams

I am sad that Lethality/Dirty Fighting Sniping isn't even on the honorable mentions... not surprised given how they nerfed it but sad... I still hope for the return of this once great spec ;)

In the mean time I am still on my personal quest to break 3k with a full Lethality (5/5/36) my best attempt so far is

2938 on the 1.5m dummy on my ship as measured by torparse:

http://www.torparse.com/a/517488/1/0/Overview

(character Thexi on The Ebon Hawk)

not sure if that rates an honorable mention or not but figured I would post it anyway. I might try again this weekend and who knows maybe finally break that 3k barrier.

EDIT: forgot to link spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bcZbcZGbbkrMRRMsuR.3 and as for gear, mostly 72s with 78s thrown in.

I think that will go on HM...I'm no positive how Tam does it, but I thought he put the highest parse of each spec not represented in the top 3.

Exactly this. Lethality isn't up there now because no one had parsed in it yet! :-)

Call me a rebel with a really pathetic cause ;) I just love lethality and took a long (several month) break right after they nerfed it (for unrelated reasons) and still haven't fully gotten it out of my thick skull to just let it die and switch fully to MM for pete's sake.

Hey guys, I run a df gunslinger and had some questions about my rotation.

http://www.torparse.com/a/533155/1/0/Damage+Dealt seems to be the best i can do with my current gear.

Does this seem to be on track for the most part? Have about 1/2 my gear in blue cunning augs (3270 cunning stimmed)

Have 78 offhand and 72 mainhand. Mostly 72s w/ 69 set bonus armorings.

How much accuracy are you guys running with? I have 99.7% ranged and 109.7% tech. Seem to be missing a lot more than the old df parses. Thanks for any feedback.

Hey guys, I run a df gunslinger and had some questions about my rotation.

Rotation should be:

Shrap Bomb > Vital Shot > Hemo Blast > Wounding Shots > Quickdraw > Speed Shot > GCD Filler > Wounding Shots > Quickdraw ... repeat

There's no room in Dirty Fighting for Aimed Shot other than the opener. You have 1 GCD between Wounding Shots to be creative, and you can move it around a bit; using Sab Charge, Charged Burst, Flourish Shot, Incendiary Mine (Roll), or Flurry of Bolts... and of course substituting Flyby between Wounding Shots will be a DPS boost as well.

There's no room in Dirty Fighting for Aimed Shot other than the opener. You have 1 GCD between Wounding Shots to be creative, and you can move it around a bit; using Sab Charge, Charged Burst, Flourish Shot, Incendiary Mine (Roll), or Flurry of Bolts... and of course substituting Flyby between Wounding Shots will be a DPS boost as well.

The only time I've seen people using Aimed Shot outside the opener as DF is if you don't get the Quickdraw proc from the first Wounding Shots, which turns the middle part of the rotation into WS > SS > AS > WS > QD, very similar to the hybrid.

Rapid-Phyre

Scoundrel - Dirty Fighting - 3/7/36

Decided to parse with my meh gear.

BiS 69's with 4 piece set bonus + Comms 78's mods and enhancements, no BiS pieces, all endurance heavy (yes I know the 78 enhancements are technically not better than BiS 72 enhancements but I have not the time or money to afford those so every one of my enhancements is 78 comms, since they are arguably better than the BiS 69's).

Earpiece is just 72, have one 72 implant and one Arkanian implant.

Finally got that Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution (alongside my SA Relic).

Played with trading my accuracy for some cunning and dropping it down to 99.98%.

7m 36.152s

"3275.07 DPS" says Torparse, Ry told me its glitched to where it doesnt count the killing blow so 1.5mil divided by 456.152 seconds = 3288.38 DPS.

http://www.torparse.com/a/534006

I've never been raiding the higher difficulty raids in this game (haven't even touched DF/DP HM or anything higher) so my gear set is always behind the more serious raiders. Makes it tough for me to even get near the parses of the more serious raiders on the leaderboards (which slightly depresses me) but considering that I'm pretty happy with that parse.

Let's see how long before "Nimri" beats me again, already, eh Tam? :p

Edited by DaiKaede

You have a protégé now? :eek: If he can pass you up I'll be very afraid. That's what happened with me and Slaffen lol... he was already good then told him how to beat me a while ago and he got way more geared than I am he now he far out-parses me every time >_< but the good thing about all this is now it is more than conclusively shown that operative/scoundrel DPS is beast.

I've been playing Operative DPS since 1.2 all the way up through just before 2.0 back when it was by far the lowest DPS and hardly anyone even thought to play an operative as DPS. I was the second highest parsing Operative DPS on the leaderboards for the longest time, and the only one to use Lethality (back when it was reverse and concealment was the "better" spec). Switched servers from The Harbinger to here and switched from operative to scoundrel.

I've never been raiding the top content and hardmodes in this game, so my gear is always at least a full token set away from the top, so I've always been behind on that competitive edge compared to other serious raiders. I must say, though my spot on the leaderboards here is coming and going, I'm still happy to see people slamming high numbers on Scoundrels/Operatives. We deserved the break :D

Edited by DaiKaede