*** Official PvE DPS Leaderboard ***

KeyboardNinja

Still stuck with a 66 hilt, so I haven't been looking for any big DPS increases lately. However, had a lucky one with Force Breach crits that took me over 2300:

2330.41 - Aerre (Infiltration: 5/36/5) #151

Infiltration Shadow

Willpower -- 2869

Power -- 994

Strength -- 155

24.19% melee crit (264)

67.65% surge (289)

99.67% acc (408)

1396-1657 melee damage

1295.3 force bonus damage

Edited by Damastes

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still stuck with a 66 hilt, so I haven't been looking for any big DPS increases lately. However, had a lucky one with Force Breach crits that took me over 2300:

2330.41 - Aerre (Infiltration: 5/36/5) #151

Infiltration Shadow

Willpower -- 2869

Power -- 994

Strength -- 155

24.19% melee crit (264)

67.65% surge (289)

99.67% acc (408)

1396-1657 melee damage

1295.3 force bonus damage

Story of my life. At least I'm stuck with a 69 main and a 72 off hands. Good luck getting your 69 at least!

The OP has now been updated. Sorry for the long delay (as I said, travel). I haven't yet updated the reply number links, though I know what's going wrong. Apparently these forums use a two id system for reply permalinks, which is really annoying. It'll take me a little while to update everything unless I can find a way to programatically predict the ids from the reply number (extremely doubtful).

Let me know if I missed anyone's parse!

As a reminder: please do not post cropped parses! Even if you're just cropping with torparse's tool, you're actually making it a lot harder for me. I can't see based on just the URL exactly what the time range is, so I have to recrop myself for fairness. In order to do that, I have to determine which (often out of several) dummy parse is the right one. It's much, much easier for me if you just link to the exact dummy parse and let me do the cropping. Hopefully that also makes things easier for you. :-)

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Mitt'irane'lokt - Sharpshooter Parse here. Spec here. This is still running a Basic mainhand and a Arkanian offhand. Using the Boundless Ages and the Damage proc relics and finally managed to get to appropriate accuracy, surge, and power (for the most part). Most of the gear is elite or basic, nearly fully augmented.

Red'october - Gunslinger: 2784

http://www.torparse.com/a/245115/2/0/Overview

(07:53:10 - 07:58:33)

Hybrid (DF/Sab) Spec: 5/18/23

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bcZrI0bRobZG0rkrMRoM.3

Other than one 63 enhancement and the armorings that stack 2 piece PvP bonuses, my gear is all 69/72 (69 MH and 72 OH) with skill augments.

EDIT:

Finally, check the crit chance. Loggus and Haka have mentioned to me that they needed to get their buffed crit to around 30% to make the energy regen work. Anything less than that and you'll probably have energy problems, thus resulting in delayed Wounding Shots, thus resulting in more energy problems… The hybrid spec is fun like that.

I actually did this parse with 0 crit rating, so it isn't necessary to have crit in order to run hybrid, but I would guess it probably helps if you are still learning the spec.

Also, this was done without stacking PvP SA relics. I used the UW SA and the Arkanian BA relics.

Edited by greg_biochem

Sooooo, this is really weird. Last night I moved into a 72 Main hand barrel. From a 69. My parse on the next boss went up, a good 300 points from what it used to be. I sat down to parse today. And am parsing 100-200 points bellow where I was. My gear is across the board better then where it was last time. Ummmmmmm, help?

Red'october - Gunslinger: 2975

http://www.torparse.com/a/247473/2/0/Overview

(12:46:30 - 12:51:37)

Sharpshooter Spec: 36/8/2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700rcrbbRkRrfkzzZbIZb.3

Same exact gear as my previous parse. And to be honest, I'm surprised my SS beat my hybrid parse... Perhaps I was using FoB too much and it really is important to have at least some crit gear to maximize hybrid. :o

Edited by greg_biochem

Red'october - Gunslinger: 2975

http://www.torparse.com/a/247473/2/0/Overview

(12:46:30 - 12:51:37)

Sharpshooter Spec: 36/8/2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700rcrbbRkRrfkzzZbIZb.3

Same exact gear as my previous parse. And to be honest, I'm surprised my SS beat my hybrid parse... Perhaps I was using FoB too much and it really is important to have at least some crit gear to maximize hybrid. :o

I was looking at your parse, how did you get off 2 aimed shots, a flyby, and 2 flourish shots in 0 seconds??? I'm thinking some serious cropping was going on here lol.

I was looking at your parse, how did you get off 2 aimed shots, a flyby, and 2 flourish shots in 0 seconds??? I'm thinking some serious cropping was going on here lol.

Probably a touch of lag too. xD

also, http://www.torparse.com/a/247657

[12:05:43-12:10:43]

so . . .I don't feel like as much of a failure. xD still don't know what happened yesterday. Parsed something like 30 times . . .and wasn't being hard pressed to maintain a 2550. Still not where it should be/I want it . . but . . .at least it proves that upgrading to the 72 barrel from the 69 one wasn't a mistake. xD

Actually, that's completely legit for Sharpshooter. You lead off with XS Flyby, Hit Aim shot, and then go straight into Flourish shot. The two hits are from the offhand, the delay on XS is what makes it possible to do this. Finally, as a casted skill Aim Shot will have no GCD, meaning that Flourish would activate immediately afterward. I don't typically start my parses like this, but that is an interesting idea.

Actually, that's completely legit for Sharpshooter. You lead off with XS Flyby, Hit Aim shot, and then go straight into Flourish shot. The two hits are from the offhand, the delay on XS is what makes it possible to do this. Finally, as a casted skill Aim Shot will have no GCD, meaning that Flourish would activate immediately afterward. I don't typically start my parses like this, but that is an interesting idea.

Ah . .. right . . .damn counting the main and off hands as two separate hits. xD I always manage to forget about that.

The flyby I understand but aim shot has a minimum gcd time of 1.5 seconds, even with the proc and even if you stacked alacrity which I doubt, you couldn't get it under a second. so the flourish would have had to go off after 1 second. But maybe the parser just messed up.

The flyby I understand but aim shot has a minimum gcd time of 1.5 seconds, even with the proc and even if you stacked alacrity which I doubt, you couldn't get it under a second. so the flourish would have had to go off after 1 second. But maybe the parser just messed up.

XS > AS > Flourish

XS has a 3 second delay before its first hit if you're in SS spec. Aimed Shot has a 3 second cast and Flourish Shot hits instantly. Thus, if you're on a lag-free connection, all three will appear to hit within a few dozen milliseconds.

In hybrid spec, I *always* open my parses with the following sequence:

XS > AS > Flourish > Shock > Shrap > Sabo > Vital > (Cool Head, Illegal Mods, Relic, Adrenal) Wounding Shots > …

The burst from the initial simultaneous hit from XS and AS is *insane*.

The gcd starts as soon as you begin casting Aimed Shot, so by the time the cast is completed, the gcd has expired and you can use another attack instantly.

One thing I did notice is that I got extremely lucky with crits on XS Freighter Flyby - over 37%. With my current gear, 0 crit rating, and 2% from spec, my crit chance is 22.84% (fully buffed). If you look at my 3rd parse though, I only got 11.43% crit on XS Freighter Flyby, so it does vary quite a bit.

Edited by greg_biochem

Still on the quest for a new hilt (need some more power behind your well wishes, Haka!), but some stats went up and the cropped parse will show 2408.1: http://www.torparse.com/a/251935/1/0/Overview

Infiltration Shadow: 5/36/5

I feel lazy not doing it all out for you, KBN :p

Willpower -- 2922

Power -- 995

Strength -- 155

24.30% melee crit (264)

67.65% surge (289)

99.67% acc (408)

1408-1669 melee damage

1306.8 force bonus damage

Hybrid Tactics/Assault Vanguard || 8/22/16

Gear's a little poorer than I'm liking but I noticed my DPS was high enough to land in the Leaderboard, yaaaay. Half my gear is Tanky stuff -- would love to see what I can do in the real stuff.

DPS 1,750.2

Aim: 2384

Cunning: 115

Endurance: 2213

Ranged Damage: 1070 - 1287

Bonus Damage: 635.6 / 1058.6

Accuracy: 98.27 / 108.27%

Critical Chance: 22.13 / 28.13%

Critical Multiplier: 69.23%

Alacrity 0.00%

The OP has been updated! Thanks for all who keep submitting parses even when I get busy and fail to update things. Keep it coming!

Jaberse,

spread and shred hybrid (18/0/28)

http://www.torparse.com/a/247316/time/1369403921/1369404229/0/Overview

this spec's damage will skyrocket when i get the set bonus, i dont even have the two piece ATM.

I hadn't seen the spec before. It makes sense though. You're trading the entire top end of the Balance tree for the Force regen benefits in the Kinetic tree. The 30% boost is worth 2.4/sec. Note that you're also dropping Shadow's Respite, which is worth 39 / 120 = 0.325/sec. Thus, you're increasing your regeneration by exactly 2.075/sec. This turns into straight-up Double Strike spam. Your Double Strike has a DPE (damage/energy) of 1203.46 / 23 = 52.32. Thus, the additional 2.725/sec regeneration translates into about 109 DPS. However, you're losing out on Sever Force in order to pick that up. In my parses, Sever Force is worth about 260 DPS, and my gear isn't as good as yours. On those merits alone, I would say that the hybrid is sacrificing too much for too little.

That's not really all though. You're losing the Balance execute talent, which is freakin' AMAZING on a real boss. It doesn't translate into the dummy, which is part of why Balance parses as low as it does, but you definitely see it in real-world fights. It's a 15% DoT+FiB damage increase below 30%, which is equivalent to a straight-up 8.5% damage boost below 30%: ((15.3 + 12.65 + 11.34 + 10.61 + 6.89) / 100) * 0.15 = 8.5185%. Naively scaling numbers, that gives us a net damage increase of about 56 DPS. Toss that into the bucket of things you lose going hybrid.

Even the 4pc bonus isn't enough to rectify this. 15% crit chance increase translates into a stochastic damage boost of 11.25% to Double Strike (assuming 75% surge), which is a DPS boost of 890.5 * 0.1125 = 100.18. Hardly skyrocketing.

Overall, I think you would actually *dummy parse* higher in full Balance, though it certainly would be more challenging to play due to the tighter Force management, and full Balance would utterly destroy the hybrid on a real boss.

Edited by KeyboardNinja