Quest: Stealing Thunder

This is a poorly designed encounter and it totally sux!

Ran around doing this for like almost an hour; get it down to like 10% and then it resets!

Twice now it's done that!

No reason to play if its gonna be nonsense like this!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

After a few tries and lessons learned.

You know to activate the two terminals on the lower level. I would then run to the turret controls above each computer. Couple of tricks is learning to stop short, wait a few seconds, when the ground around you is a red target, MOVE! Activate the turret...move away and wait a couple of seconds for the SMALL security droids to attack, then move when the red targeting circle shows up again. This will take out the security droids. When you have to activate the computers again, do the one furthest away from Quinn. Then run by Quinn for healing. I thought there was a way to get Quinn to follow and heal only, but I couldn't do it.

I know it is not clear, but after dying about three times, I figured it out.

Just remember, DO ACCESS ANY TERMINAL on the upper level; that is NOT above the computers you had to activate. Those small droids are easy to kill, the bigger ones are easy also, but not that easy.

• 2 weeks later...
with 12 x exp and lvl 55 after finishing Corella, i have no reason to go to makeb to do chapter 4 except datacrons and dailies for comms. i am skipping makeb to do sor. i mentioned my sound reasons in a previous response in this post. even if i was in a group, the droid boss gets stronger and harder by the scale up by being a group. i heard that in another post. maybe, at lvl 60 with 196+ rating mods, i will try that droid boss again. what tacted me off is the pub boss is straight forwardly beatable.

This fight is one of the dumbest leveling fights in the game, highly annoying and frustrating - especially if trying to figure it out the first time, but yet there is a very simple way to beat it every time.

All that is required is to click one ground floor console, cross the room and click other ground floor console, run up above click a box on poles, kill adds, move across room on catwalks to another box on pole, click and kill adds, then head down and start the cycle again, repeating until the boss is dead.

Oh and don't stand in circles.

At no point is the player required to engage in combat against the boss, nor does the fight require having an active non-bugged to hell companion (I usually leave mine on passive).

Again - the fight is stupid and annoying and can take a bit of time, but as long as players follow what is outlined above, it should not be a problem.

Edited by DawnAskham

• 1 month later...
This fight is one of the dumbest leveling fights in the game, highly annoying and frustrating - especially if trying to figure it out the first time, but yet there is a very simple way to beat it every time.

All that is required is to click one ground floor console, cross the room and click other ground floor console, run up above click a box on poles, kill adds, move across room on catwalks to another box on pole, click and kill adds, then head down and start the cycle again, repeating until the boss is dead.

Oh and don't stand in circles.

At no point is the player required to engage in combat against the boss, nor does the fight require having an active non-bugged to hell companion (I usually leave mine on passive).

Again - the fight is stupid and annoying and can take a bit of time, but as long as players follow what is outlined above, it should not be a problem.

Agreed, this works. I just did it, success first try. In sharp contrast to my first pass through here with my Sorc last week.

There is actually a third console on the second level, the one at the end. But clicking this console seems to screw up the whole process. You only want to click the two second level consoles directly above the first level consoles.

I have no idea what the designers of this botched-up mess were thinking.

old thread but im just here to clarify that this quest is still bugged. his health resets every time I release lava on top of him. I quit playing back in 2012 and re installed the game last night. i remember now why i quit.... poor design, buggy bosses.... i've played indie games that are written better than this game is.

• 4 weeks later...
old thread but im just here to clarify that this quest is still bugged. his health resets every time I release lava on top of him. I quit playing back in 2012 and re installed the game last night. i remember now why i quit.... poor design, buggy bosses.... i've played indie games that are written better than this game is.

it has an enrage timer. if you are not exceptionally fast enough, it enrage timer kicks in. why does a story boss has an enrage timer? because it was a stupid design, not poor design.

• 2 weeks later...

Horrible fight. Extremely frustrating. EXTREMELY frustrating. It exacerbates one of SWTOR's worst features, profoundly sluggish combat movement.

Here's how to easily beat this fight:

1. do NOT fight the big boss EVER, as in NEVER
  2. use both panels on lower level to order turrets to engage boss
  3. go up ramp and wait a fair distance from terminal for the red circles to spawn on your feet
  4. RUN! straight to the terminal, click and wait for red circles, run out of circles, dps the adds that die almost instantly
  5. head to another upper level terminal and stop short a fair distance away to wait for red circles to spawn
  6. RUN! straight to the terminal, click and wait for red circles, run out of circles, dps the adds that die almost instantly
  7. go to step 2, rinse and repeat until turrets kill boss

It would probably help to have a healer companion, mine always died almost instantly though. I imagine he didn't get out of the red circles or something. However, if you just keep going in circles repeating those steps, you shouldn't need healing, just don't get caught by the red circles.

Basically all you've got to do is keep dropping the boss' defenses and keep re-ordering the turrets to attack. You will take almost no damage in this process, save for a shot or two from the boss every now and again or perhaps a shot from a droid add before you kill it. So really the entire fight becomes entirely about the red circles, as they are pretty much the only thing that can hurt you and the only thing preventing you from pressing the buttons. After awhile it seems like more and more circles, but just stand and wait plenty far from buttons so that when the first circle forms at your feet and you start running, the last circle forms short of the button even though you were running for it. Do not try to push a button if there is a red circle at your feet, you won't make it.

Good luck!

Bioware: You should seriously fix this horrible fight. Just nerf it, at this point it makes no difference anyway.

• 7 months later...