Agents/Smugglers getting the ball first in Huttball

DarthWoad

Sorry a smuggler got the ball first, lol.

Smugglers are the most squishy class in the game, they have no leap, not sudden burst of speed like consular/inquisitor. The roll is brilliant for huttball, they can now get to the ball first, but they have probably used up 75% of their energy doing that and so are unable to roll to the finish line. Its good for positioning and a small run, but can be countered by simply knowing when to jump them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because a game of Huttball is purely determined on who got the ball first at the start of the match..... :rolleyes:

This.

Oh, and someone has to get the ball. Many move's limiting factors (like shiv and backstab) are their CDs. Other move's limiting factors are resource cost (maul and snipe - I dont see BW giving that a CD).

Roll's limiting factor is energy and Speed's is cooldown. Want a cooldown based limiting factor? Fine, think of it this way: The scoundrels need to use Cool Head to cool down if they want to roll a lot more.

Stop whining because you have no clue how to snare. Thankyou for playing.

K... we're talking an operative. The class that DOESN'T want to be out of stealth. So, if they roll forward and get the ball, they're screwed. Insert Jedi Knight force leap = Dead Operative. Not only that, they get the ball and now they're empty on energy, so no heals for you.

They grab the ball because they get there first, and throw it to a well positioned tank or atleast more solid class, they may die, but in my experience (playing as a sintank last night) im lucky to be able to get close enough to force pull them before they can grab and throw...

I was just in a game, some smuggler on their team used their speed roll thingy and grabbed the ball... our team hadnt even got past the pool yet...they won of course...

Remove that ability from huttball please, or put a timer or cooldown on it...

Remove that ability from pvp period! The WZs aren't designed for that ability. I can accept that they use it once and it goes on a loooong cooldown. That way it will fill the intended purpose of a quick life saver roll, but won't be abusable.

so what were complaining about here is an operative- who now has no energy and no energy regen from spamming roll 3 to 4 times -can grab the ball faster than you?

clearly, we need to nerf operatives.

Maybe I misunderstood you, maybe I don't.

It takes no energy to pass the ball, it takes no energy to interrupt a cap and it takes minimum energy to force camo and wait for rest of team to catch up. So what if you are out of energy, you did what you were supposed to and can recover energy in no time, mind you. So I fully agree with your last statement that it is clear we need to nerf Operatives, not only Operatives but Operatives need to be nerfed.(and yes, I do play an Operative and enjoy the überpower they'e been given very much thank you.)

Edited by Kaerwolf

Because a game of Huttball is purely determined on who got the ball first at the start of the match..... :rolleyes:

In normal warzones, if you score fast in Huttball, you will likely win the match cos people will start leaving after that. And most of the warzones in this game are normal, not ranked.

So yes, is a big factor.

Anyway, lolroll with no cooldown has no sense.Just think an Assassin using Force Speed with no cooldown even if the force would drain the force pool after 3/4 sprints, would be absolutely retard. This is more or less the same.

In normal warzones, if you score fast in Huttball, you will likely win the match cos people will start leaving after that. And most of the warzones in this game are normal, not ranked.

So yes, is a big factor.

Anyway, lolroll with no cooldown has no sense.Just think an Assassin using Force Speed with no cooldown even if the force would drain the force pool after 3/4 sprints, would be absolutely retard. This is more or less the same.

I really don't get it. You are complaining that assassins, the most overpowered hutball class (Tank) can no longer get the ball first. INSTEAD a squishy operative is able to get the ball first. I say good, maybe people will value actually having a scoundrel on their team.

Also to get the ball they gotta sacrifice their whole energy bar.

When you have the ball you can only roll 6m. That's not even enough to jump a fire pit it is barely faster than walking.

Operatives are now very mobile WITHOUT THE BALL. However WITH THE BALL our roll is near useless, compared to other classes who still have thier fully functional leaps, immunes, speed boosts and defensive cd's etc.

Also Mercs now has a closer with the net. But that has a 90 second cooldown that lasts 10 seconds.

Wait a minute, mercs have closers? Why the bloody hell would mercs want a closer? If anything, I'd say they want/need/have abilities that maintain separation.

I really don't get it. You are complaining that assassins, the most overpowered hutball class (Tank) can no longer get the ball first. INSTEAD a squishy operative is able to get the ball first. I say good, maybe people will value actually having a scoundrel on their team.

Also to get the ball they gotta sacrifice their whole energy bar.

Man, i got a scoundrel so i know how stupid is that skill with no cooldown.

Poor Op that is squishy and needs a lolroll to be important. Lets be serious, pls. That skill needs a cooldown. Everyone with a brain knows it.

Man, i got a scoundrel so i know how stupid is that skill with no cooldown.

Poor Op that is squishy and needs a lolroll to be important.

Why do you even have a scoundrel if you think it's abilities are so stupid? Or are you just pretending to have one so that you can make a point?

Because yes we do need the roll to be more important in warzones, those few of us who don't want to be shackled to the healing tree.

Please see

first. And if you still have concerns, see
. Edited by Prabhunath

I've been in a couple of Huttball games recently where the other team (premade from same guild every time) has had the ball even before we got halfway up the ramp. It was suggested to me that it was roll in combination with a knight/warrior speed buff. Not sure if roll is affected by that but even with every ability and buff in the game it has struck me as being too fast to be legit because as we've dropped from the ramp they've already had like 5 people in mid. My team, which has been a pug every time, has used the speed buff too on atleast one occassion and they still had the ball before we were high enough on the ramp to see mid.

I'm not 100 % sure on this but I have some weak memory of atleast one game like this taking place pre-2.0, when the roll didnt exist.

Either way, it's discouraging from start and people usually quit within the first 30 secs when it happens. I can't control the quitters when this happens so I consider it to be a problem.

Edited by MidichIorian

In patch X assasin was grabbing the ball first.

In patch Y operative grabs the ball first.

I understand assasin is not satisfied. What i really do not understand: why assasin thinks the situation in patch X is normal, and situation in patch Y is not normal.

Again what the problem with change of class who grabs the ball first?

Someone has to get the ball first. Similarly someone must be fastest to the side nodes in Civil War. The big question is - why make it the class that already has great utility and the best PvP healing subclass in the game? Seriously BW, why are you always buffing the classes that are already the strongest. Ranged dps? Let's buff snipers! LOL.

I understand assasin is not satisfied. What i really do not understand: why assasin thinks the situation in patch X is normal, and situation in patch Y is not normal. Again what the problem with change of class who grabs the ball first?

Look, I think Assassins are OP, but there was at least some logic in having them have that advantage. Amongst the 3 tanks, the Jugg is clearly the preferred subclass in Huttball. By having that one time first mover advantage for Assassins, it at least has some counterbalancing effect. In contrast with healers, operative healers are already the preferred healer subclass in Huttball. Why give them the extra advantage?

Edited by Macroeconomics

In patch X assasin was grabbing the ball first.

In patch Y operative grabs the ball first.

I understand assasin is not satisfied. What i really do not understand: why assasin thinks the situation in patch X is normal, and situation in patch Y is not normal.

Again what the problem with change of class who grabs the ball first?

On behalf of both the Operative and Assassin communities, I'd like to formally apologize for our self-entitled behaviour. :p

pre 2.0

who got the ball first?

Sin specced for less CD on force speed and marauder with prederation on his team

if no marauder on team

Sin with specced force speed.

who gets the ball post 2.0

operative with marauder prederation on his team

if no marauder on team

operative with no energy to do anything else.

what happens to the first person who got the ball? they die 3 sec later, stunned.

your team lost cause they were better. getting ball first has nothing to do with winning.

I was just in a game, some smuggler on their team used their speed roll thingy and grabbed the ball... our team hadnt even got past the pool yet...they won of course...

Remove that ability from huttball please, or put a timer or cooldown on it...

Isn't it time for your weekly unsub again?

Well, to be honest, the problem isn't for Consulars/Inquisitors. It becomes a problem for baseline warriors/troopers: all other things equal they effectively end up behind the Op/Smug by 40 metres in the first 5 seconds of the game - in other words, half the population doesn't even get an opportunity to use a closer.

Same goes, to a lesser degree, for ACW, where a clever Smug/Op who uses LOS is impossible to counter by classes without a speed boost or a distance AoE before they cap the side turret on opening (and then they can lock you for quite a while...)

I wouldn't quite put a CD in, but I -would- make the skill cost 33 or 35 Energy. Class remains much faster than any others to get to an objective at game start (or later on) that way, but with three rolls instead of four all other classes can get within 30 metres before the objective can be clicked, all other things equal.

Edited by Kelebria