Sniper stats 2.0

qilith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes 432 points to get to 99.97% ranged accuracy which is pretty much full Arkanian gear, including the companion buff and buff from the marksman tree talent.

It's pretty easy to get! xD

Start with:

Spending 3 point in the marksmanship tree for the accuracy for a Total of 3% accuracy increas.

Second

Get yourself the earpiece and implants with highest accuracy rating of grade ulimited (takes time ofcourse) Cost 100 ulimited coms from vendor. The also wil have higher endurance than the ones you can get with a unesambled pièce but the dont have a high enouf accuracy rating....allas

Third

Augment the earpiece and implant with the accuracy augment, this augment wil give 32 accuracy eatch.

Note you wil need to use 4 of the augments so for exemple augment also your bracer with a accuracy augment.

And finaly

You wil need a enhancement with 77 accuracy and 23 power and some endurance (this is a 30 enhancement).

The enchement i gave is a off one (A orB) it's not the best mabey with the ultimate gear the accuracy is high enouf to switch to a 32 but ATM i cant tell that yet.

And what do you have!!!

A total of 100.02% accuracy

And stil all your gear to mod augment and enchement to spend on crit surge and multie stats.

ATM i am running in full arkanian gear and am realy close to the old given stats of (unbuffed)

100.02% accuracy

28.45% critical rating

73.13% surge rating

I would have given my build but ATM askmrrobot is stil not up-to-dat to show my build

Anyway hope it helps

2 last thingy's

1st sorry for the bad english xD

2e accuracy is the MOST important stat for almost every class but for Sure for sniper!

What i alway's say Nice you can hit for a bazilion damage but first it wil need to hit ^^

Third

Augment the earpiece and implant with the accuracy augment, this augment wil give 32 accuracy eatch.

Note you wil need to use 4 of the augments so for exemple augment also your bracer with a accuracy augment.

I would have to disagree with the idea that anyone should use a secondary stat in an augment slot. There are places in your gear that are already restricted to providing secondary stats (implants, earpieces, enhancements) and you should use those to fill up any secondary stat needs that you have.

Augments are capable of having pretty much ANY stat in the game except for armor, force power, tech power and weapon damage (expertise I assume too, though I don't pvp so I'm not sure). With that in mind you should reserve augments only for the most powerful stats which after this long discussion we have determined to be your main stat, or Cunning in the case of Snipers.

I will agree that the 3% from the Marksmanship skill is highly valuable now. You can also pick up 1% more accuracy for your entire legacy through one of the companion max-affection, story completion buffs.

Yikes won't you be sacrificing too much power to get that 28% crit? Last time i checked on the pts, the math guys established that 20% is the new "soft cap". Whether you want to go further than that depends on your class / spec / playstyle. guys over at mmo-mechanics also did some math about this. I haven't read the newer posts though. http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-953-page-26.html Edited by paowee

Hey guys, Ive been slowly gearing up my sniper in 2.0 and testing on the dummy.

I run the standard engi/leth hybrid and was wondering if anyone had done the math on the ideal crit rating to have. In terms of DPS its obvious that crit is entirely useless however lethal purpose seems to be essential for energy management and as its dependent on critical hits, it looks like some crit is needed to maintain the rotation.

Im currently sitting on a crit rating of 220 which gives me a critical chance of 25.96, which seems high. What are the rest of you hybrids running and do you notice energy issues in raiding with lower crit?

I've done a couple raid bosses with 130 or less Critical rating, no energy issues with the Hybrid yet.

I've been running the hybrid with no crit and I have yet to have any energy problems. Even stacking 200-300 crit only gives you a measly 1 or 2 extra energy per rotation which is not really a big deal if you already manage your energy properly. I never have to use adrenaline probe without using an orbital before, and I only use 1 rifle shot per rotation. The only times where energy can be a problem is when you have orbital off cooldown and adrenaline probe is still 30 sec away, because it does not synchronize with orbital. Even then, an extra rifle shot can alleviate that, and with the hybrid, throwing in an extra rifle shot with orbital is not a dps loss, because orbital does so much damage.

Edited by bbare

after much silence, the Math Wizards on mmo-mechanics's marksman thread finally crunched some numbers, and almost every instance concluded a point of power always being more beneficial than any point of crit, even the first point. you should check it out.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I've seen a few people now that are recommending 108% force/tech accuracy instead of 110%. The reason they cite is the new 8% resist chance bosses have.

So, is this just for classes/specs that didn't bother with accuracy before? What is the reasoning to stick with 110% accuracy?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, it's definitely not 8%. However, depending on your spec and overall gear, it could very well be that it's simply not worth getting that last. 0.25% in place of another stat, it's really hard to say without looking at the whole picture.

Oke askmrrobot is updated for a part i can add my gear (stil need few Mods and enchements and the 2 relics

But it seems the didt update the new stats to see my current ones :(

here is the link: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/437d973e-2161-4294-993e-0b2b4a4e08ce

Hope it helps and my combat log i wil add soon checking what build i like most.

And beqeus it takes 100 minutes +/- to to it, it's realy boring, i have 4 build to test out

Marksmanship engineering lithality and a combo between engineering and lithality

And the p.s again

1st sorry bad english

2e 100% accuracy for the win (note to this how more accuracy how less a cap between min and max damage)

3e the dps also is incorectly displayed keep not before you say go stack power ^^

Edited by baskboy

• 2 weeks later...
I need your help on Sniper/Gunslinger stats. ATM full stuff 69 I do roughly 2300-2400 dps on dummy with MM or hybrid.

Anyone can help me on stats and cap for the 2.0 ? :)

2400 dps on operations dummy? You sure about that? Got a link to parse? Most parses i've seen are 2200 top end. Hard to believe youre rocking 200dps more than most server's record holders.

Edited by DesmoLegacy

Any new info on stat balancing for lethality/eng hybrid? Seems that there isn't a gold standard that has been established.

Nope none yet :-|. Everyone ran the numbers for Marks becuae it seems to be the most popular spec and forgot about lethality :( lol. I'm running some odd ~90 crit rating right now for no reason :p. I would test 300 Crit rating vs 0 Crit rating but I do not have enough high power-low enudrance cunning gear yet. The most i can get Crit rating up to was 185 and at that level i did not see any significant/consistent change in DPS. Sometimes it did more DPS... sometimes it did less DPS.. stuff like that. One thing i did notice though was the increased energy regen from the dot crits which was very welcoming.

Edited by paowee