Keybinders vs Clickers

Lordmird

Neither. I use a steering wheel and stick shift for movement. I use three pedals under the desk for abilities, with CTRL and Shift modifiers.

My rotation is:

Gas Pedal

Shift + Gas Pedal

Clutch

CTRL + Brake

Clutch

Shift+ Brake

Then I drop it down to 4th gear and double clutch -> shift + gas pedal.

JK I use keyboard like everyone else who is gonna answer this thread

I saw you Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should. You are lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds off the fan intake on your computer.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, I want to know who uses which.

So..... State whether you're a clicker or a keybinder (During PVP) and why?

Wow... another keybinders vs. clickers thread. I guess a lot of people here need a thread like this periodically to rip on clickers and make themselves feel awesome.

The only things I specifically keybind are target selects and my HP potions, otherwise I'm a clicker. Some (many) will choose to classify me as "bad" because of this, but considering my individual situation, it just works best for me.

Regarding the OP question of "why," I suffer from Parkinson's disease and severe arthritis. My motor skills are therefore not as fast or reliable, and the simple act of reaching up and hitting F/number keys can be brutally painful.

Considering GCD's, i don't feel that clicking puts me at a disadvantage. Situational awareness (I play at 5760x1080 resolution, so I see everything around me) and knowledge/understanding of my opponent from having played all other classes evens the playing field.

I may not be as fast as some of theyounger players, but I consistently finish warzones in the top 2-3 overall for damage and/or kills. Not bad for a physically handicapped 68 year old grandmother. (really)

*snip* Not bad for a physically handicapped 68 year old grandmother. (really)

The little devil on my shoulder says you should type that in chat after kicking butt in WZs. The rage, the tears, the anguish.... they'll flow forth like the mighty Niagra. :rak_04:

Aha, I like this thread. I'm a clicker, I have two main bars and a half a bar on the side (vertically) for certain skills. I move around a lot with my left hand, and my right does all the clicking.

However, I do have my Target as Tab, and for when I'm on my Merc, I have a button on my mouse to switch to nearest teammate.

This is what is most comfortable for me, and by now I basically know where all of my skills are so its very easy for me.

I saw you Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should. You are lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds off the fan intake on your computer.

LOL awesome reply....

Dude, I almost had you!

I was going to say, you know you could totally play a trooper/PT well with this system, right?

If I find a RL friend with those accessories, I would so play a warzone with the most gimped setup of all time!! I'd record the screen and split screen it with footage of me manipulating the controls. Cracks me up just to think about it

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Neither. I use a steering wheel and stick shift for movement. I use three pedals under the desk for abilities, with CTRL and Shift modifiers.

My rotation is:

Gas Pedal

Shift + Gas Pedal

Clutch

CTRL + Brake

Clutch

Shift+ Brake

Then I drop it down to 4th gear and double clutch -> shift + gas pedal.

JK I use keyboard like everyone else who is gonna answer this thread

LOL

I actually click and have to KB turn due to fact I have a severe form of arthritis. But while the elites like to label me bad I tend to get top 3 or 4 usually and top charts for medals a lot more than I guess I should as a mouth breathing KB Turning clicker. Before I got this I was always a big keybinder and mouse turned.

I think everyone should try keybinding (or use a naga or G13) as it will help your reaction times but if you just cant do it then don't fear the labels, just play whichever way you feel the best at and learn to play smarter.

LOL

I actually click and have to KB turn due to fact I have a severe form of arthritis. But while the elites like to label me bad I tend to get top 3 or 4 usually and top charts for medals a lot more than I guess I should as a mouth breathing KB Turning clicker. Before I got this I was always a big keybinder and mouse turned.

I think everyone should try keybinding (or use a naga or G13) as it will help your reaction times but if you just cant do it then don't fear the labels, just play whichever way you feel the best at and learn to play smarter.

I don't see how a G13 keyboard is any better than a reg keyboard.

When it comes down to it!

As for the topic: Keybinds > all. Anything else is just wrong, unless it cannot be helped of course!

Edited by Scotland

Wow... another keybinders vs. clickers thread. I guess a lot of people here need a thread like this periodically to rip on clickers and make themselves feel awesome.

The only things I specifically keybind are target selects and my HP potions, otherwise I'm a clicker. Some (many) will choose to classify me as "bad" because of this, but considering my individual situation, it just works best for me.

Regarding the OP question of "why," I suffer from Parkinson's disease and severe arthritis. My motor skills are therefore not as fast or reliable, and the simple act of reaching up and hitting F/number keys can be brutally painful.

Considering GCD's, i don't feel that clicking puts me at a disadvantage. Situational awareness (I play at 5760x1080 resolution, so I see everything around me) and knowledge/understanding of my opponent from having played all other classes evens the playing field.

I may not be as fast as some of theyounger players, but I consistently finish warzones in the top 2-3 overall for damage and/or kills. Not bad for a physically handicapped 68 year old grandmother. (really)

Cool glad to see another person who does the best with the hand they are dealt

I don't see how a G13 keyboard is any better than a reg keyboard.

When it comes down to it!

As for the topic: Keybinds > all. Anything else is just wrong.

Some folks have a harder time with keybinds than they do a separate device which is why I mentioned it.

Although i am one for saying keybinds > clicking, i would never ever bring someone down who physically could not use binds due to an illness and/or disability.

When i went to play GW2 i came across this dude http://www.twitch.tv/aieron

total respect and i also donated to his stream as it was for charity!

I mean come on, this is the greatest stream i have ever witnessed.... http://www.twitch.tv/aieron/b/332733997

Edited by Scotland

I prefer clicking. I was never good at figuring out the locations of keys without looking down at my keyboard. The only time not keybinding has given me trouble would be when i play my dps classes and I'm trying to target someone. Tab targeting doesnt always work in my favor so i waste a good second or two trying to click the right enemy. But on my healer clcikcing the ops frame and my abilities has always been easier to me.

I prefer clicking. I was never good at figuring out the locations of keys without looking down at my keyboard. The only time not keybinding has given me trouble would be when i play my dps classes and I'm trying to target someone. Tab targeting doesnt always work in my favor so i waste a good second or two trying to click the right enemy. But on my healer clcikcing the ops frame and my abilities has always been easier to me.

Clicking your Raid window as a healer is kinda the norm, there is (unless they changed it recently) no way to target everyone in a group of 8 with keybinds, unless you're using cycle, which is just silly.

This topic of clickers vs keybinders is so irrelevant as I bet there are clickers who play better than people who keybind.

Now is keybinding better? I would say its way more efficient but bad players are bad it doesn't matter what you do.

Keyboard Turning Clicker

(Be sure to read the full description to fully appreciate the video, also I haven't really played corruption since 1.2 with the exception of a brief time on PTS/since 2.0 so have to get used to its intricacies again)

I play from a laptop, and have neither space nor inclination for an external keyboard. I have a standard mouse. Within these constraints, I find clicking to more suit me, with the narrow exception of interrupt, recklessness, and ground-target AOE abilities. Some abilities I technically have keybound, but click anyway most of the time because of the way my UI is arranged.

It saddens me how much clickers get trolled as baddies around here, even as I recognize that some classes benefit more from keybinds than others and show a greater disparity in the mean between clickers and keybinders. But some classes are quite flexible here and can be played at a high level regardless of preference. The really sad thing is how long I refrained from recording matches and sharing them, simply because I didn't want my "secret" to get out.

But when 2.0 came out, we had a brief window where the best players tended to be the first to ding 55, and on my server at least we had a few glory days of reprieve from the masses of bads even in normal wz. Every match became really competitive, and the opportunity simply became too good to pass up.

Wow that was terrible.

Just......terrible.

Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the case and replace the GPU you fried.

Cause they spam moves I assume, when it comes to classes that actually need binds to perform fast combinations then clicking wouldn't be as fluent as a keybound player.

Maybe I am being biased and its no pun intended, but I don't see how clicking could be more elite or even considered elite to a keybound player.

Not really, one plays vigilance guardian, one plays sorc (healer and dps) and Jugg (smash and tank). They are some of the servers top players on these classes.