TTK is Way Too Short and No Fun

DroidDreamer

I'm in augmented min/maxed EWH and suddenly I feel like I am back in Recruit gear in 55 WZs. I don't mind the new tiers. I don't mind having to re-grind. I know this is an MMO. Hell, I want something to grind out. But I would have hoped that min/maxed and augmented EWH would have counted for something in 2.0 at least for a while. I'm disappointed.

I am HOPING that getting new gear will bring to end the run in and die run in and die run in and die monotony that 55 WZs have become. A guildie asked if I still had my breaker because I was solo guarding a node. Why would I use my breaker? I don't survive any stuns. It's not like I can break a stun and stop the cap. There's no time for that before I am dead.

I love this game and don't mind grinding new gear but TTK is way too short and no fun at all.

I'm in augmented min/maxed EWH and suddenly I feel like I am back in Recruit gear in 55 WZs. I don't mind the new tiers. I don't mind having to re-grind. I know this is an MMO. Hell, I want something to grind out. But I would have hoped that min/maxed and augmented EWH would have counted for something in 2.0 at least for a while. I'm disappointed.

I am HOPING that getting new gear will bring to end the run in and die run in and die run in and die monotony that 55 WZs have become. A guildie asked if I still had my breaker because I was solo guarding a node. Why would I use my breaker? I don't survive any stuns. It's not like I can break a stun and stop the cap. There's no time for that before I am dead.

I love this game and don't mind grinding new gear but TTK is way too short and no fun at all.

1st of all WH/EWH isnt what it was and it isnt providing you with that much boost as it was before. U are now a low level in the bracket of lvl 30-54. Start using your survivability abilities more often.

Before there was a big gap in the metrics when we compared high tiers with low tiers, now a days that gap was shortened and putted PvP in a pretty well balanced state, like u said TTK might have been shortened for you but it was as well shortened to them.

I dnt agree that TTK as been shortened that much tbh.

Before there was a big gap in the metrics when we compared high tiers with low tiers, now a days that gap was shortened and putted PvP in a pretty well balanced state, like u said TTK might have been shortened for you but it was as well shortened to them.

I dnt agree that TTK as been shortened that much tbh.

I'm wasting guys too fast as well. Resolve is pointless because it never builds up in time before you die. You don't need your breaker because you don't survive. I can't even use my long-cast abilities because people die to quickly. The complaint around TTK applies to everyone (except healers who seem to have gotten a big boost in healing abilities).

Edited by DroidDreamer

I don't find it that short but I play a guardian(DPS) perhaps that is why... If I have a healer around then I am not even going to die lol (unless some 5 people are focusing me).

Now of course I am going to die really fast if 2 shadows jump me and I don't have my CD's up but that its only natural if you ask me.

Edited by Xanas

I don't find it that short but I play a guardian(DPS) perhaps that is why... If I have a healer around then I am not even going to die lol (unless some 5 people are focusing me).

Now of course I am going to die really fast if 2 shadows jump me and I don't have my CD's up but that its only natural if you ask me.

Tanks are living longer than others, it's true. But TTK is down for tanks too. A buddy of mine who is a great Huttball ball carrier has not been able to make it to the goal line like he used to. And it's also true that heals have gotten a boost, in my experience. So in summary:

1. TTK is down for everyone, including tanks.

2. Tanks live longer than most (to be expected) but TTK is also down for them.

3. Heals got a major boost.

TTK needs to go back up, otherwise:

1. Resolve is pointless because it does not build up.

2. Stun-length is often fatal.

3. Breakers are also pointless because you don't survive long enough to use them or for it to make a difference after you use them (because you're dead).

From what I've gathered playing 55 Regz in the past week, TTK actually isn't that bad if you have competent healers and roleplayers in your team composition.

More often than not in losses, however, players are not filling roles based on the needs of the map and objectives. At this point, everyone in PvP should have Field Respec and be respeccing based on the defensive/offensive needs of the WZ map you are playing. In particular, Sorcs/Sages, Ops/Scoundrels and Mercs/Commandos are becoming linchpins in every WZ with the outcome of the match depending almost entirely on them.

From what I've gathered playing 55 Regz in the past week, TTK actually isn't that bad if you have competent healers and roleplayers in your team composition.

More often than not in losses, however, players are not filling roles based on the needs of the map and objectives. .

Essentially, this. Queue with no healers and the other team has two? Almost a certain loss. If those healers have a dedicated guard? Again, GG.

In 1.7 I would go after healers and be able to take down many of them, even as ranged. Even if they were guarded (pug guarded, not like a ranked pair of guys) Now? Forget about it. They have to be distracted by someone else, and I get a well timed root on them when they are under 40% health. Even then they can always go into iceblock mode or stealth out.

Edited by islander

If you look at the way the abilities work in this expansion it's hardly surprising. We can assume health/damage/heal all got increased by some relatively constant factor. The new abilities for DPS classes tend to be utility. There's no real 'kill them extra fast' ability or talent in general for DPS. On the other hand the healing classes clearly got several additional ways to stay alive. So the net result is that healers are harder to kill. This results in shorter TTK for the side without healing because before, you increase your TTK by killing their healer, which allows you to kill their DPS, which makes you take less DPS. Now, since that healer isn't going to down easily, your TTK is shorter because killing the DPS is no longer a viable option as you can't even kill the healer.

I'd think lowering heals by say another 5% would paradoxically increase TTK overall, as in now that healers and DPS do die, the ones who survive will find themselves living longer.

Yes, TTK is extremely short without good tanks and healers. However, a good tank-healer team can still keep a LOT of people up for a long time.

IMO this patch just emphasized the rolls of tanks.

Exactly I have being having a blast playing my vanguard tank, matches with healer who knows to stick close and I get 300k protection, match with no healer or one who wanders off I die fast. I am enjoying this where tanks and healers are actually needed and are essential to winning. My favorite match so far was a 10-0 win in CW and a Voidstar on my healer we lost by 15 secs but highest kills by anyone was 8. lol both side had 2 healers and tanks that guarded. They beat us in that one cause they used their slows better to allow them second door 15 secs faster than we did.

I am certainly not denying that healing got a boost but it's also true that TTK is down for everyone. Yes, a heals + tank combo is hard to stop because of the boost to heals but so what? You're not going to post your healer with a guard out on a node. As Islander notes, if you don't have heals and the other team has one or more, it's almost certainly a loss. And, finally, the boost to heals does nothing for you if you are far down the list of healing priorities as a lot of DPS are.

Run in, die, run in, die, run in, die, run in, die, run in, die, run in, die and so on is not my idea of fun. It doesn't feel strategic.

One example: I LOVE the cat and mouse games that I play with my sniper against stealth DPS. I used to keep my cool, wait to get up from the knock down, pop a cooldown (often evasion) and then proceed to the rest of the fight. Sure, the stealther got the alpha opening strike. That's how the game is structured and it was fun. Now? The fight is basically over by the time the stuns/knockdowns are done. There is no way to win that DPS race that far down.

I love this game, but it's latest incarnation is no fun because of TTK. The solution is to re-tune it to bring TTK back to MMO-land and away from the FPS zergfest it has become.

I have one of each class at least to 50 and I do fine in all the classes in PvP. I had to make adjustments to my play style a bit but TTK doesn't seem that bad. The only thing I really had to get used to was the high crits on execution abilities. That's really the only thing that feels off to me. Maybe a bit more HP for tanks but for the most part it's ok.

I have one of each class at least to 50 and I do fine in all the classes in PvP. I had to make adjustments to my play style a bit but TTK doesn't seem that bad. The only thing I really had to get used to was the high crits on execution abilities. That's really the only thing that feels off to me. Maybe a bit more HP for tanks but for the most part it's ok.

Spoken exactly like someone not 55 yet.

I thought TTK was short in sub-50 as well, though I did not get a chance to test it after the latest bolster changes since my main is 50.

I actually think that, at least in normal warzones, TTK is about right at 55. Maybe slightly fast. I feel like TTK isn't as bad as it was before this at 55. Maybe I'm crazy.

I can't explain it, but since the new bolster (post war hero gear obliteration) went in, the game 'feels' a lot like 1.7 again from this sniper's perspective. It's only been a couple days, but just my observation so far. I've done about 20 or so warzones now over the past two days - three more partisan pieces to go.

Edited by islander

Sounds like a bunch of people that run solo as dps are having a tough time not rolling over everyone. Team composition has always been important but is even more so now. The only shame is tha the matchmaking doesn't try to ensure you at least have healer on each team. With a healer or two and at least one tank, TTK isn't a problem at all. Also, need to use your cooldowns more strategically now...give you healer a chance to switch to you.

Sounds like a bunch of people that run solo as dps are having a tough time not rolling over everyone. Team composition has always been important but is even more so now. The only shame is tha the matchmaking doesn't try to ensure you at least have healer on each team. With a healer or two and at least one tank, TTK isn't a problem at all. Also, need to use your cooldowns more strategically now...give you healer a chance to switch to you.

I agree. Composition was always critical in huttball, but now it pretty much is everywhere. It's why I'd love to see a warzone group finder put in...so there'd be at least one tank and heal per warzone. 1 tank, 1 heal, 4 dps, 2 utility (any)

Edited by islander

I agree. Composition was always critical in huttball, but now it pretty much is everywhere. It's why I'd love to see a warzone group finder put in...so there'd be at least one tank and heal per warzone. 1 tank, 1 heal, 4 dps, 2 utility (any)

It would for sure slow things down but it would make things fairer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.