Why bother with WZ comms ... or even winning?

Just a thought.

If the bolster in 55 means that PvP gear isn't as good as PVE ...... Why bother to try and win? All winning gets you is more comms, and they are useless now.

I mean, I can quite happily PvP against other players in WZ now, but I don't have to care about the objectives while doing so.

Chase the huttball? Why bother?

Guard a node? Why bother?

Cap a door? Why bother?

Collect orbs? Why bother?

All you win is a different coloured banner - a red one says defeat, a green one says victory. Who cares?

Edited by UltimateKrucible

Worf asked Captain Picard once:

"If it doesn't matter, who is winning, why keep track of the score ?"

This happened after Picard scolded Worf for wanting to win above all, when Picard said, the game were just played to have a fun time together.

The urge to win is hardcoded in our genes. We want to win and winning in itself is a reward, much greater than any item or points could ever be.

The urge to win is hardcoded in our genes. We want to win and winning in itself is a reward, much greater than any item or points could ever be.

Exactly I play to win period, f the coms, f the scoreboard win it all costs. This is how I approach everything when you got them down step on their throats and force choke them!

I find it sad the community thinks you need something idk but I play for the nail bitters and the heart crushing loses and last second wins!

Exactly I play to win period, f the coms, f the scoreboard win it all costs. This is how I approach everything when you got them down step on their throats and force choke them!

I find it sad the community thinks you need something idk but I play for the nail bitters and the heart crushing loses and last second wins!

I love the feeling I get when I stealth behind an Imp Sniper and shoot first followed by blaster whip and the DIRTY KICK then Back Blast followed by disappearing act just to do it all over again.

Worf asked Captain Picard once:

"If it doesn't matter, who is winning, why keep track of the score ?"

This happened after Picard scolded Worf for wanting to win above all, when Picard said, the game were just played to have a fun time together.

indeed

so you cant roflstomp ppl under 55 anymore, that doesnt mean you gear is useless. it just means you got to start over in lvl 55 pvp to get that roflstomp ownage powers back.

The amount of crying over this is mind boggling to me.

I for one am glad Bioware isn't listening to you people anymore. Leave PvP to the people that like PvP, and that want to PvP. If you don't want to PvP for the fun of competition, the enjoyment of teamwork and the glory of the win. Then you don't love PvP, you love getting stuff (or griefing noobs).

Besides... PvP gear > PvE gear which is just where this gets silly. EWH is BIS for the lower bracket and the new sets are BIS for the 55 bracket... You still have your advantage but it's lower now... so you don't even feel like winning? or ever trying? Watch while I don't cry over you leaving PvP. :jawa_cool:

I've never found an amount of comms or even credits that could have replaced the utterly awesome experience of being down 100-40 in a Novare Coast match, then battling back and forth for nodes and ultimately squeaking out a 0-2 point victory at the end as we held off the last big push against the Southern node.

Electric, man. Electric!

You guys that are saying PvP gear is better than PvE gear in Warzones are not keeping up with the discussion. The top tier PvE gear has way more "base" stats on it than the top PvP gear. The Warzone will bolster the expertise stat to be competitive expertise wise, while the other stats on the PvE gear will overpower the PvP gear. This isn't that much different than everyone changing out their barrel/hilt to the 63 PvE mod pre-2.0. Now we are talking about every piece of equipment. Let's not lose sight of the fact that expertise is suppose to differentiate PvP gear from PvE gear, so the fact that this is happening completely defeats the purpose of the system.

Leave PvP to the people that like PvP, and that want to PvP.

You misunderstand me! This was what we had with the gear grind. And it worked fine.

Now anyone can wander in, ignore objectives, ignore teamwork, ignore chat and any attempt to direct the flow of battle and just fight for the sake of it. Because there's nothing at stake.

This is an extreme example, but not the only one. The other night I was on NC and we held east and west. We lost east, and I called out in chat we should re-take.

Answer: "who cares."

And I have to admit he had a point. Just chuck yourselves into mid, fight till you die, respawn, repeat.

Just a thought.

If the bolster in 55 means that PvP gear isn't as good as PVE ...... Why bother to try and win? All winning gets you is more comms, and they are useless now.

I mean, I can quite happily PvP against other players in WZ now, but I don't have to care about the objectives while doing so.

Chase the huttball? Why bother?

Guard a node? Why bother?

Cap a door? Why bother?

Collect orbs? Why bother?

All you win is a different coloured banner - a red one says defeat, a green one says victory. Who cares?

With this attitude please don't even bother queuing for pvp.

You guys that are saying PvP gear is better than PvE gear in Warzones are not keeping up with the discussion. The top tier PvE gear has way more "base" stats on it than the top PvP gear. The Warzone will bolster the expertise stat to be competitive expertise wise, while the other stats on the PvE gear will overpower the PvP gear. This isn't that much different than everyone changing out their barrel/hilt to the 63 PvE mod pre-2.0. Now we are talking about every piece of equipment. Let's not lose sight of the fact that expertise is suppose to differentiate PvP gear from PvE gear, so the fact that this is happening completely defeats the purpose of the system.

Actually No.

Bolster at 55 will only bolster a slot if it is lower than a certain item rating. Once that slot passes that item rating, that slot will not get bolster applied to it. So once your gear passes that "base item rating", bolster is not applied.

So if you go into PvP in PvE gear that is lower than that item rating, you will have bolster applied. If you go in with full PvE top gear, you will not have bolster applied, because your items rating will be higher than the base item rating.

So to that end, PvP gear > PvE gear for PvP WZ, espcially as your gear item ratings rise.

The amount of crying over this is mind boggling to me.

I for one am glad Bioware isn't listening to you people anymore. Leave PvP to the people that like PvP, and that want to PvP. If you don't want to PvP for the fun of competition, the enjoyment of teamwork and the glory of the win. Then you don't love PvP, you love getting stuff (or griefing noobs).

Besides... PvP gear > PvE gear which is just where this gets silly. EWH is BIS for the lower bracket and the new sets are BIS for the 55 bracket... You still have your advantage but it's lower now... so you don't even feel like winning? or ever trying? Watch while I don't cry over you leaving PvP. :jawa_cool:

Except, it isn't quite like that. It might've been the intention, but PvE gear > WH and EWH. The TOP PvE set > the partisan set, those stats aren't exactly bolstered down to make place for expertise or anything. They might as well get rid of expertise if it has to be such a one way barrier. I'd rather see them ditch bolster though, or simply replace all non-PvP gear with some kind of recruit equivalent while in warzones. Not visually, just coded under the hood. So if you're wearing a non PvP armor, no matter the quality or whatever, even if it happens to be the top PvE armor, the game regards it as some default sub-partisan recruitgear statwise, and your damage/health/healing/etc are adjusted accordingly.

PvP gear should be better than PvE in any PvP situation.

Right now the only PvP gear is at level 55, and I have no problem with it.

I was just pointing out that Partisan is better than the best PVE gear for PVP.

Except, it isn't quite like that. It might've been the intention, but PvE gear > WH and EWH. The TOP PvE set > the partisan set, those stats aren't exactly bolstered down to make place for expertise or anything. They might as well get rid of expertise if it has to be such a one way barrier. I'd rather see them ditch bolster though, or simply replace all non-PvP gear with some kind of recruit equivalent while in warzones. Not visually, just coded under the hood. So if you're wearing a non PvP armor, no matter the quality or whatever, even if it happens to be the top PvE armor, the game regards it as some default sub-partisan recruitgear statwise, and your damage/health/healing/etc are adjusted accordingly.

That's how I read it as well. In fact they went out and even said "REMOVE the EXPERTISE CRYSTAL" or it would treat the entire piece of gear as a "PVP" based gear and not bolster that gear. Based on that tidbit I would say the likelyhood of dropping ANY Expertise Mod/Enh/Crystal into your gear would be a BAD idea until it's a full piece of gear. (New Gear)

Why bother to try and win? All winning gets you is more comms, and they are useless now.

This is why BW's attempts at World PVP always fail. Too many players who will just trade objectives to grind out better gear faster than actually try to beat other players and, ya know, PVP.