frustrating missions!

belhawk

u may be a Hard Core player, but I am NOT. I am a casual gamer looking for some fun. Leave the Hard Core Boss times to the Hard Core Ops & Flashpoints, NOT the main game. There are a lot more casual gamers than Hard Core gamers.

TOR is about as hard core as a bunny... sitting on a pillow... made out of clouds... shaped like Pandas.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to start adding more challenging aspects to EVERY video game. People need to start thinking again in actual video games instead of being carried to the end and acting like that's okay because they're a "casual" player.

It's okay for a game to be challenging and stimulate your mind. That's what they're there for. Whether you have 10 mins or 6 hours a day, you don't need to beat a boss the first try.

Hmm, for the underlined part above I see where you're going but the fact is, that's not how everyone thinks about games. As much as I disagree with the OP about the final Makeb boss he also has a valid point that many, many others would agree with. And that's they DON'T play games for challenge or to stimulate their minds, they play for fun and if it's not fun, they'll do something else. You can argue that fun and challenge or stimulating minds are the same but again, not how everyone thinks about it.

u may be a Hard Core player, but I am NOT. I am a casual gamer looking for some fun. Leave the Hard Core Boss times to the Hard Core Ops & Flashpoints, NOT the main game. There are a lot more casual gamers than Hard Core gamers.

So, did you get upset in Q-Bert every time you jumped the wrong way and had "insta death"?

Why has no one yet invented a game called . YOU WON!

It just takes you right to the end game and you win a prize. Like the title "Gaming Legend" flashing all over the screen...

EA should be all over this one, since you already won, people can't complain much....

Edited by Themanthatisi

So, did you get upset in Q-Bert every time you jumped the wrong way and had "insta death"?

I hear the new Q-Bert has safety nets around the pyramid that gently launch you back to the cubes. Also Coiley no longer kills you, he merely gives you a menacing glance and then quietly goes about his business.

I am beginning to wonder why i continue to play this game.

the 1 hit kills for the knight & sorcerer chapter 3 end boss was VERY frustrating.

the same thing for the end boss for Makeb also.

now, i am on a mission where there is an electricity trap that can't be turned off and it is killing me multiple times.

i play this game for fun, NOT to be FRUSTRATED by BW being clever.

They're encouraging you to be clever.

For the Knight the trick is to target the Emperor right before he spawns his clones and that way you'll always know exactly which one to focus on. The real Sith Emperor is the only one that can use the Force Blast attack, and it's on a 15 second cooldown so you can easily interrupt it if you focus on the real one. Just ignore the illusions (pre-nerf this fight was actually more challenging).

For the Sorcerer I must be forgetting something because I thought that that Baras had a 1-shot (Voice of the Emperor) but that Thanaton just spammed Death Field and Force Lightning.

TLDR? Interrupts are your friend.

Well, I'd like to point something out...

Number one, the game is meant to be played with others! Now, I personally don't think you need to group with other people to complete solo content, because the game gives you the tools to beat it yourself! If you don't look at the floor and make sure you're not standing in stuff, or if you can't interrupt the move that the boss keeps 1-shotting you with, what's the fun in the game? It doesn't really become a game if all you have to do is smash your one button and win every fight. Just my two credits on that.

Now, games in the old days often had the 'final boss' who you had to figure out how to beat. (I say old days because I haven't played a single-player game for real in many many years) You couldn't get anyone to help you, and oftentimes that was the most fun part of the whole thing! You got a real sense of accomplishment from fighting the bosses throughout the story, even if you died 10 times whilst trying. I remember putting some of my old games on the shelf for months before coming back to them and trying again. XD

Anyway, out of the thousands of quests in the whole game, I think it's pretty darn fair to have just a few that require some thought involved. You can pretty much sleepwalk whilst doing the content in this game, especially if you have a friend. I had ToR and windowed whilst doing Makeb with my boyfriend and guildmate last night, and we just ripped through things while I continued to browse the forums on the other side of my screen...that's how little thought it took to get through the basic content. Even if I'm not in a group, it's only slightly more difficult. I do have to choose which mob I CC, which mob I interrupt, not to stand in fire, etc, but it should come naturally to you at this point if you're already 50+.

Anywho, if you're having issues, try looking up a guide on the internet. That's what they're there for! To help people who can't figure out how to do it, or just simply don't want to try. Maybe get a buddy from your guild or from general chat. There's a lot of ways to handle the 'hard' content in this game; just keep in mind that most of it is designed to help you learn to play your class, and bringing a bunch of friends to do your story quest for you might rob you of valuable experience. :)

Ash, Thanaton had some sort of kill shot, got killed by it each time a fought him. Had to call for help each time.

Now Bar-as's 1 shot never hit me, didn't even know he had 1. my marauder & jug killed him no problem. I am running another jug, different skill tree to just kill him.

Edited by belhawk
add a name

Ash, Thanaton had some sort of kill shot, got killed by it each time a fought him. Had to call for help each time.

Now Bar-as's 1 shot never hit me, didn't even know he had 1. my marauder & jug killed him no problem. I am running another jug, different skill tree to just kill him.

That's funny because after I took the time to figure out how to fight Thanaton he wasn't that hard.

I really enjoy a good boss fight. It reminds me of single-player games where you know bosses are going to present a real challenge. I actually had to give up and return to the fight the next day to beat it.

Civilized conduct died decades ago, just look at the crime in the streets, schools, etc. and attacks on people that dare to disagree with others.

Yeah, the per capita violent crime rate (at least in the U.S.) actually dropped significantly in the 90s. Despite the increased reporting and news coverage, you're significantly less likely to be a victim of violent crime today than you were in the 70s/80s. But hey--keep spinning those myths to make yourself feel better!

u would make a good sith lord

*sigh* I am pretty sure, from the way this guy talks, that my large post was completely disregarded. Or perhaps you did not read it because it was too hard.

I tried posting something thoughtful and helpful, as did many other people in this thread, and you continue to miss the point. To the part where I'm beginning to think you're trolling us. XD

u would make a good sith lord

Lolwhat? You're not going to be spoon-fed everything in life with no effort. Maybe you'll realize that one day.

If you really want to bring this back to Star Wars terms... even Obi-Wan would chastise Annakin for his behavior from time to time... don't think anyone thought of his as being a good candidate for a sith lord.

*sigh* I am pretty sure, from the way this guy talks, that my large post was completely disregarded. Or perhaps you did not read it because it was too hard.

I tried posting something thoughtful and helpful, as did many other people in this thread, and you continue to miss the point. To the part where I'm beginning to think you're trolling us. XD

The truth is the guy just wants to throw his trantrum and wants to throw a pity party where people will coddle him and make him feel better that he makes no effort to improve himself. When he started seeing the fact that basically no one agreed with his behavior, he pouted.

Edited by Lostpenguins

there was some intelligent criticism of my position and a lot of insults from people who are suppose to grown up and civilized. Civilized conduct died decades ago, just look at the crime in the streets, schools, etc. and attacks on people that dare to disagree with others.

Where do you live, Somalia? "Civilized conduct died decades ago" :rolleyes:

I used to see threads where people would post, "I'm having trouble with X, do you have any advice?" Plenty of other players would respond with tips, strategies, etc.

Did it even occur to you to try this approach instead? Or do you have to immediately assume the game is the problem, it should be made easier, and let's go the forum and complain about it.

the top concerns in school in the 50s were smoking, skipping class, etc. Today u run into rape, assault, drugs etc.

yes, that is an improvement in society.

You know in the 50's there was plenty of assaults, they were called fights. And now that you mention it I work in a school and we have never had one incident of rape. Where is your school?