The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What is your Vengeance/Rage DPS?

KaleTogras

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are essentially identical numbers to what I get if I cut off the residual bleeds/time to exit combat from my best parse (I really need to start using /stuck lol). I certainly don't think I'll see an increase to 3k either.

2678 when I clip to my last activated ability damage

The downside to using /stuck is that my parses don't show up on Torparse without tabbing over to the 'deaths' filter. :confused:

2865 DPS

I'm mostly 72s now. Verpine Implants instead of UW so 44 power short there, DG relics w/22 augs still, and legs are 69, 2 other 69 enhancements.

Stats (w/stim)

3215 Strength

1333 Power

52 Crit Rating (20.45%)

368 Accuracy (99.17%)

395 Surge (71.08%)

Used 2 adrenals, and had a pretty damn high Ravage proc rate.

Here's my best 5min Ops dummy parse so far, need to get rid of some crit still. Rage spec, reusable stim, all buffs (who doesn't have all the buffs by now?)

http://www.torparse.com/a/209880/72/0/Damage+Dealt

If you guys are going to link parses they need to be at least 5min long to show sustained DPS, or if not then they need to stop right at the 3min mark. Otherwise its easy to pad with relics/adrenals. Also, lets hope no one is shady enough to cheat by grouping with a mara for BL.

You guys should check out statistics page on torparse while you're there, 8M HM Cartel Warlords ;)

Astellon - The Shadowlands

"Your friendly neighborhood rage jugg"

2865 DPS

I'm mostly 72s now. Verpine Implants instead of UW so 44 power short there, DG relics w/22 augs still, and legs are 69, 2 other 69 enhancements.

Stats (w/stim)

3215 Strength

1333 Power

52 Crit Rating (20.45%)

368 Accuracy (99.17%)

395 Surge (71.08%)

Used 2 adrenals, and had a pretty damn high Ravage proc rate.

damn that's a sexy parse. I really need to get rid of my CR. keep up the murder!

Astellon - The Shadowlands

"Your friendly neighborhood rage jugg"

Any parses out there showing the difference between a "zero-Crit rating/all Power" build vs. a "some-Crit rating" build? Wanted to know if using all Deft Mods makes better DPS or should I be mixing in some Potent Mods?

Guy here is compiling dps for each classes.. it'd be great to see how much Vengeance is pushing right now from you guys ! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=637291

Within the rules of that board, I'm at 2851, as posted on the Harbinger forums.

Keeping up with one of these is more than I care to really do, and I expect the other good Juggernauts and Guardians on Harbinger will start posting some competitive parses, so I think I'll be sticking there.

Edited by ssfish

I'm having alot of issues dealing DPS over 2100 and considering some of you claim to have gear worse than mine and still do better DPS i'm posting my stats and log, hoping someone will figure out what i'm doing wrong.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/30kcdx0.jpg

power = 1065

bonus dmg with stim = 864

acc = 426

crit = 183

surge = 295

Most of my gear is 69, i only have 2 or 3 66 mods left, and i also have some 72. I use the nano-infused attack adrenal when attacking ops dummy on fleet. Relics are serendipitous arkanian/partisan.

http://www.torparse.com/a/237359

2083 DPS is my best so far.

I'm having alot of issues dealing DPS over 2100 and considering some of you claim to have gear worse than mine and still do better DPS i'm posting my stats and log, hoping someone will figure out what i'm doing wrong.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/30kcdx0.jpg

power = 1065

bonus dmg with stim = 864

acc = 426

crit = 183

surge = 295

Most of my gear is 69, i only have 2 or 3 66 mods left, and i also have some 72. I use the nano-infused attack adrenal when attacking ops dummy on fleet. Relics are serendipitous arkanian/partisan.

http://www.torparse.com/a/237359

2083 DPS is my best so far.

Ok, there are a couple of things that immediately stand out.

1st - Your APM (actions per minute) is very low. The GCD is 1.5 seconds, meaning that an expected APM using all instant abilities and not accounting for server lag would be 40 APM. Because of lag and the use of Ravage, most Juggs are going to be at 35-36 APM. You're at 30 APM. Just using your average damage per hit according to that log you're leaving 100 DPS on the table just in that.

2nd - This might tie into the 1st, but you have a pretty large delay in getting your bleeds on the target. They're still doing the right percentage of your damage, they just don't have nearly enough uptime. On average; you used Shatter every 18.17s (12s CD), Impale every 13.33s (9s CD), and Force Scream every 11.76s (9s CD). You need to be using these abilities as soon as possible. The best parses out there average using Shatter every 13.5s, and Impale and Force Scream every 10.5s - in other words they are delayed by 1 GCD maximum instead of the 4 GCD delay we're seeing in your log.

3rd - You clipped a tick of Ravage twice, and likely the final tick. This isn't a HUGE loss, but it's a loss.

There's a Vengeance/Vigilance guide on the Guardian forums you might want to look over just to make sure you're doing a couple of the basic things right - like using Ravage at the correct time after it procs and what not. But provided you're doing those things already, the above issues are what is limiting your DPS. Doing some quick napkin math using average damage per ability, etc., by making those changes your DPS would have been around 2350 on that parse.

I think i need to buy a dummy on my ship, the lag on fleet is just horrible and i'm sure that's a big part of my problem.

I try not to use shatter or implate when there are just 2-3 sec before Ravage is usable again, cause i don't want to waste a Rampage proc.

I'll practice some more and see how i can improve my moves.

Thanks for the input.

le: bought dummy on ship and started using shatter and impale on CD = 2180 DPS

Edited by ipagex

I think i need to buy a dummy on my ship, the lag on fleet is just horrible and i'm sure that's a big part of my problem.

I try not to use shatter or implate when there are just 2-3 sec before Ravage is usable again, cause i don't want to waste a Rampage proc.

I'll practice some more and see how i can improve my moves.

Thanks for the input.

le: bought dummy on ship and started using shatter and impale on CD = 2180 DPS

Personal opinion, and Ark may view it differently than I here, but I don't care in the slightest what my Ravage CD is at. If Shatter is off of CD, then it gets used. Barring those lovely strings where you proc Ravager every 9-12 seconds and Ravage turns into 26% of your total damage (which is great), Shatter + its bleed should be your top damage (in your parse it is).

My "rotation" doesn't even consider Ravage. If it's off of CD, it gets used. If I proc Ravager on Shatter and Impale is off CD, Impale (and ideally Scream) go out before I ravage.

As far as the Ravage clipping - I've found that lag will do that to me at times as well and there's nothing really to be done for that, other than getting a ship dummy as you said.

On your parse, one thing stood out to me immediately - you don't use Shatter until 19 seconds into the fight. My personal opener is Enrage - S.Throw - Leap - Ravage - Shatter - Impale (hopefully Ravager has procced off one of these) - Scream - Ravage (if procced) - V.Throw.

From there, Sunder and Smash will see me to Impale coming off CD, then it's Impale - Scream - Shatter - Ravage (if it procs again). From here, it's a matter of timing cooldowns and making on the fly decisions (ie:is it worth bailing out and leaping back in [which I usually only do as a time-waster, not a rage generator], or does my Rage pool allow for a V.Slash as filler?)

Edit: one other thing - you used Sweeping Slash and Force Choke (6 Chokes). Sweeping Slash doesn't need to be digested in detail, as I would chalk that up to a misclick. Your average choke did 3870 damage over 4 seconds, meaning you did 967.5 DPS while channeling Choke. To put it in perspective, you could have Assaulted three times in that same period and done 823.06 DPS. Either route is less than half of your current average DPS, and less than a third of the top parses, which means they are a loss. If you run into a situation where you have 4 seconds to burn before anything of value comes off of CD, it's time to use Push and Leap to kill some time, maybe a V.Slash or one Assault as filler.

Edited by ssfish

I won't use Shatter or Impale if Ravage comes off CD naturally, or if it only has 1 GCD left to go before it comes off CD naturally. Anything over that and Shatter/Impale are being used.

Otherwise I prioritize Shatter over Impale, but I'll prioritize Force Scream over both if it's@2 stacks. I try not to "waste" stacks unless it would cause too much of a delay on reapplying bleeds.

My opener is identical to Lift's.

1 more thing I was thinking of involves Rage management, as that is the biggest hurdle to applying your bleeds on CD. The biggest thing there that is such a change over pre 2.0 is to not use Sundering on CD. It builds 7 Rage, so if you happen to have 6 or 7 Rage and use Sundering, that's a waste of resources. It would be better to Saber Throw or Assault in that situation and save Sundering.

BTW

Saw you hit a 2900 parse Lift, grats! How in the hell do you even find the best 5 minutes out of those damn 45 minute parses you do? :p

I only ever run 5-6 minute parses. It's a little easier for me to pick out problem spots/test new configurations and I think gives me a clear idea of just how much RNG affects our class (give me a bad run on procs and I'll only hit 2600 DPS).

Here is my highest log so far- 2338.51. So, I'm getting there. Would be nice if I had better luck in terms of gear drop so I can get the set bonuses. So... should I only use destroyer as a proc and simply let it go if I had to choose betwen Force Scream and Vicious Throw?

Here is my highest log so far- 2338.51. So, I'm getting there. Would be nice if I had better luck in terms of gear drop so I can get the set bonuses. So... should I only use destroyer as a proc and simply let it go if I had to choose betwen Force Scream and Vicious Throw?

Not sure if I get the question. Destroyer has a huge duration, so you have plenty of time to get V.Throw in at some point. You certainly don't need to use V.Throw as soon as Destroyer procs. You will probably hit a point where you have nothing else to use while Destroyer is up, and that's where it fits in. I don't generally worry about the number of Force Scream stacks; though there are times where I need to use V.Throw to get that second stack.

BTW

Saw you hit a 2900 parse Lift, grats! How in the hell do you even find the best 5 minutes out of those damn 45 minute parses you do? :p

I only ever run 5-6 minute parses. It's a little easier for me to pick out problem spots/test new configurations and I think gives me a clear idea of just how much RNG affects our class (give me a bad run on procs and I'll only hit 2600 DPS).

The way I see it, the way our rotation/priorities work, we can have a good 5 minute run at absolutely any point - whether it's the first 5 minutes, or minutes 25-30, or minutes 45-50. I don't like starting and stopping, so I just run until I start to fall off and make stupid mistakes. While I was parsing, I could see where I was on a good run, so I had an idea of where to start looking in the logs.

I didn't feel like that 6+ minute window was that high, and was shocked when I started to actually trim it down to the best window. Probably the most frustrating thing about it is looking at the breakdown. 11% Shatter crit, a missed V.Throw (with 99.91 accuracy), and it still came out where it did. The math says that with a .09% chance to miss, the odds of that 1 miss out of 1111 uses landing within the 18 V.Throws I used during that parse is about 1.8%.

Edit: Honestly, I'm more excited by being able to sustain 2700+ over 45 minutes - that's more about actually playing it right than getting stupid lucky on Ravager procs in a 6 minute window.

Edited by ssfish

Not sure if I get the question. Destroyer has a huge duration, so you have plenty of time to get V.Throw in at some point. You certainly don't need to use V.Throw as soon as Destroyer procs. You will probably hit a point where you have nothing else to use while Destroyer is up, and that's where it fits in. I don't generally worry about the number of Force Scream stacks; though there are times where I need to use V.Throw to get that second stack.

I see... I guess I was asking how to prioritize Vicious Throw in my question. Sorry I asked it weird.

Also, congrats on making it to the 2800 mark! My goal is to get there and then some.

I see... I guess I was asking how to prioritize Vicious Throw in my question. Sorry I asked it weird.

Also, congrats on making it to the 2800 mark! My goal is to get there and then some.

I figured that's what you meant. On a dummy - it's pretty much the lowest priority attack (amongst Ravage, Scream, Impale and Shatter, that is) we have, so long as you get it in within that 15 second window that Destroyer lasts for. In a boss fight, however, it becomes priority #1 at sub-30% to ensure that you aren't giving away procs (nothing worse than proccing Destroyer when V.Throw is already off of it's natural CD).

I figured that's what you meant. On a dummy - it's pretty much the lowest priority attack (amongst Ravage, Scream, Impale and Shatter, that is) we have, so long as you get it in within that 15 second window that Destroyer lasts for. In a boss fight, however, it becomes priority #1 at sub-30% to ensure that you aren't giving away procs (nothing worse than proccing Destroyer when V.Throw is already off of it's natural CD).

Yeah, Vicious Throw is my favourite move during that time. Should my priority during burn phases be Ravage, Scream, Vicious Throw, and Shatter then?

Yeah, Vicious Throw is my favourite move during that time. Should my priority during burn phases be Ravage, Scream, Vicious Throw, and Shatter then?

Personally, I go Scream > V.Throw > Ravage > Impale/Shatter (I prioritize Impale higher during sub-30% burns because of the cheaper force cost that allows me to easier manage the not-free V.Throws).

Edited by ssfish

Are you guys sure crit isn't worth it? Made a few modification to my gear with an end result of 100 extra DPS.

20% crit > 25% crit (with op buff)

860 bonus damage > 810 bonus damage

I couldn't get past 2200 DPS with all power mods, but when i added some extra crit i hit 2300, several times.

I'm planning to drop a few STR augs and put in some surge ones for more powerful crits. I only have 66% crit multiplier in Vengeance spec.

I am still not sure how you guys manage to do 35+ APM, i can't even get to 32 and i spend alot of time on that dummy...

Edited by ipagex

Are you guys sure crit isn't worth it? Made a few modification to my gear with an end result of 100 extra DPS.

20% crit > 25% crit (with op buff)

860 bonus damage > 810 bonus damage

I couldn't get past 2200 DPS with all power mods, but when i added some extra crit i hit 2300, several times.

I'm planning to drop a few STR augs and put in some surge ones for more powerful crits. I only have 66% crit multiplier in Vengeance spec.

I am still not sure how you guys manage to do 35+ APM, i can't even get to 32 and i spend alot of time on that dummy...

I'll eventually test a higher crit rating build, spend some ultimate comms on crit mods or something.

As for your APM, try going into your preferences and locating ability queue. You can set this as high as 1.0, which means you can queue up an ability 1s in advance (i.e. during the GCD). This is one of the huge benefits of dummy parsing - building muscle memory and getting yourself thinking in advance and ready to adapt because you'll be pressing a button every half a second or so.