Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Group Finder queue position

Tachenko_Yuri

It is required, specially for the dps people as they're the ones who wait the most..

All that's needed it's a little queue number in the interface.. I'm sure in many would appreciate it.

Also, fix the crashes.. it is fairly annoying waiting 20 minutes, getting in a PUG, game shutting down, log back in and ( rightfully ) find yourself kicked from said pug. :)

• 2 years later...
This has been suggested before, I would appreciate a queue position aswell.

and what good will that do? if you queue for tacticals its a pretty quick pop, if queuing for hms, the number of dps is irrelevant as its the tanks and healers that matter. you could be #1 on the list and still sit there for an hour.

and what good will that do? if you queue for tacticals its a pretty quick pop, if queuing for hms, the number of dps is irrelevant as its the tanks and healers that matter. you could be #1 on the list and still sit there for an hour.

The only heads up we actually get is if we get the pop and someone declines, then we know we are in front of the queue. Then I stay online until the pop, if I knew that I was third or even fourth in line it is worth waiting aswell, but we get no notice of that.

I agree with this. Something such as "X number of dps ahead" or healers or tanks.

I've had times when I've waited hours for a pop and sometimes as a healer.

Sometimes I've queued as a tank and waited for a while, then logged and got my healer and popped right away.

Sometimes I've popped right away as a dps.

Sometimes whether or not I'm about to pop helps make my decision of whether or not I'm about to log and either play an alt or just do something else.

Total tanks and healers waiting in the queue is rarely going to be greater than zero (for non-tactical FPs) unless they are the only character in the queue.

This isn't completely true.

I've had waits as a tank, and I've had waits as a healer. Hell, I've even been queued with a guildie, bringing the tank/heal combo myself, and had to wait for DPS (fairly rare, but it happens). Ignore lists aren't a factor as the only times I've had other people put me on ignore is when I do something like call out a loot ninja and said ninja has a guildie with him to protect him from getting vote kicked. Obviously that's pretty rare.

Say I'm on my Jugg. Normally I DPS on that character, but if I have to because of time constraints, I will queue as a tank to get a pop.

In this situation, it's very helpful to know if there is a healer in queue (and if I'm on my sorc, helpful to know if a tank is in queue).

For those of us who want quick GF runs for conquest, and don't necessarily care which role we play, this information would be a boon.

0 tanks, 2 healers, 15 DPS ahead of me in queue? Cool, I can respec to tank and instapop.

1 tank, 0 healers, 19 DPS ahead of me in queue? Time to relog to my sorc and heal.

WTB queue position info by role pls

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

It would be nice. Quite often when I've been in que for a while as DPS, and I'm thinking about logging out, or switching characters, it would be great to see what the que looked like. 4 DPS ahead of me? OK, I'll wait it out. 27? Nope.

For someone like me who struggles to be able to get an extended block of play time in one hit, a queue counter would be a good tool to let me know if its worthwile sitting in the queue and waiting. If there are too many in queue then I wont clog it up for others :D

Back before I quit WoW, they had a "queue reward" thing. Like if queue was packed full of healers and DPS, Tanks would get a bonus reward for queuing up and completing a run. So basically a reward was given to whatever role was low in queue, At the time, it seemed to make wait times low and more people would do runs.

I don't know if that would be effective in SWTOR, but I think it would encourage people to learn more roles and queue up just for that reward. Now and then you may get a bad healer or tank or dps...but i don't think that would be to different from normal.

As for queue POSITION? I cant see how useful that would be. Unless it is labeled like "Instant, Fast, Short, Long, Go Eat Something"

Why should DPS get a queue number. As soon as it pops, you just sit there and forget how to press the accept button anyways...

To be fair I think that is because they:

A) Fell asleep waiting for the pop

B) Are tabbed out surfing You Tube, Reddit, FB, etc and missed the sound

C) Got distracted in real life by something like a bio break, drink refill, family, etc

D) Something else equally as likely to happen which takes their eyes from the screen for 2 minutes.

At least with a queue number you could possibly predict when you might pop soon so you pay more attention, delay the bio break, etc...

C) Got distracted in real life by something like a bio break, drink refill, family, etc

D) Something else equally as likely to happen which takes their eyes from the screen for 2 minutes.

At least with a queue number you could possibly predict when you might pop soon so you pay more attention, delay the bio break, etc...

This.

Also, I'd point out that the sound for a FP queue pop is pretty quiet. If you're listening to anything else, even if you have background noise like a fan running, you might not hear it.

Contrast that to the warzone pop sound, which you can hear from halfway across a small apartment.

I wish they'd make the GF pop louder and more distinct.

I know, it was a joke...

But in all seriousness, I have actually sent a tell to a person and they were like, well I had to wait this long, now you can wait.... Some people....

It's not always very straightforward, though. People queuing for a variety of activities (and the increased chances of people being added to the front of the line when someone declines) makes it so that it's not just numbers that go higher when people queue up and lower when people pop for what you are queued for.

Just thinking about a time where I had already had my daily HM FP rewards on my main tank and healer and was failing to get one on my main dps, so decided to play a bit on an ungeared tank, queued for a tactical only to get grouped with 3 other tanks, all of them with HM-worthy gear. I can just imagine the rage of that 4th tank in the queue who just alted to a healer because the queue counter said there were 4 tanks and 0 healers queued up. :p

Would like to clarify that I am not arguing against a feature like this, I pug a lot, have wished I could see who was queued up with me many times, but it's not always simple. I don't pvp, but as I understand it, you can queue for pvp and pve at the same time too. I suspect the actual numbers might sometimes be a lot more dynamic than people think.

Edited by cyrusramsey

I know, it was a joke...

But in all seriousness, I have actually sent a tell to a person and they were like, well I had to wait this long, now you can wait.... Some people....

Oh I knew that you were not serious... at least no more than I was in reply, hehe.

What's the point? I guess if you're just standing around doing nothing while you're waiting, yes, you are going to obsess about what number you are.

Just go do dailies, or RP, or something. Don't stress out waiting for the queue.

i have been wanting this for a long time. with 3 dps and 1 healer that i run everyday that im off work, at least once a day i get a q time over an hour. also to add something else with this, id like to see the name of the fp im getting before i accept. i hate when i have been in q for an hour to an hour and 20 min only to get blood hunt, drop (because im not wasting my time with a 4 man op that cant get past the first boss) only to have to re q and wait another hour and 20 mins for something i can finish or have a tank or healer drop group after zoning in because they dont like the fp they got then have the group fall apart because no one wants to wait for another one to q. this happens quite often. at least this way i wont lose my place in q and have to waste more time waiting for another q to pop. there have been days where it has taken me 8 hours to get my 4 toons through a hm fp. as far as a sound effect for when it pops i didnt even know there was one which according to others there is so the sound must be pretty low then if i havent heard it. hey bw make it louder for those of us who cant hear or are just pre occupied with something else during that hour and 20 min wait. :D

This isn't completely true.

I've had waits as a tank, and I've had waits as a healer.

I suggest reading the part of my post where I say that this happens if you are the only person in the queue (obviously)

Hell, I've even been queued with a guildie, bringing the tank/heal combo myself, and had to wait for DPS (fairly rare, but it happens)

Yeah, you had to wait for a DPS (or 2) to join the queue, not "you had to wait your turn in line behind other tanks/healers."

like to see the name of the fp im getting before i accept

They do not show it for a reason, to keep people from doing exactly what you want to do: cherry-pick your FP. Never going to happen.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.